Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Future Drummer Version 1.51

This discussion was created from comments split from: Future Drummer updated.

Comments

• Updated.... Midi export+

Lovely.. Thanks..

• edited March 2021

@LuisMartinez

congrats. my absolutely fav of your drums apps :-)

• Congrats on the update!

• Audio and MIDI Export. Now is so easy and fast to create loops on the way

• @LuisMartinez
    Can we have midi export on reggae drummer please

• Unless I have missed it

• @LuisMartinez Thank you very much for the new features + extra soundsets.. 🙏 ❤️

• Excellent, and I was able to bring in a brushes kit because I also own Soft Drummer.

Question for the power users: The fills are so natural, and I love them. But I find pretty much ANY reverse hit to be disqualifyingly corny. Is there a way to rule out reverse hits in any and all drum fills?

• Heck yes.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

The fills are so natural, and I love them. But I find pretty much ANY reverse hit to be disqualifyingly corny. Is there a way to rule out reverse hits in any and all drum fills?

+1

• Can we get the same features wit Reggae Drummer please?

• @LuisMartinez said:
    Audio and MIDI Export. Now is so easy and fast to create loops on the way

Needs a sale to celebrate!

• @LuisMartinez any plans to make iBassist universal? The drummers all work great on iPhone.

• Great! Just export midi in LK and drive DrumComputer.

• @LuisMartinez said:
    Audio and MIDI Export. Now is so easy and fast to create loops on the way

Does this fix the problems that the LUMBeats have had with their virtual midi input ports?

• @LuisMartinez nice extras on an already great app.

• @espiegel123 said:
    Does this fix the problems that the LUMBeats have had with their virtual midi input ports?

Which problems ?

• @LuisMartinez said:

@espiegel123 said:

Which problems ?

The flakey virtual midi out as well.

• @LuisMartinez said:

@espiegel123 said:

Which problems ?

The LUMBeats apps all expose a virtual midi input BUT none of them listen to it. MIDI sent to a LUMBeats app’s MIDI Input is not seen by the app. Apps that expose their midi input ports are supposed to respond to it.

LUMBEAT apps only see MIDI from an app selected in the !UMBRAT apps’ MIDI panel ... which means that if you try to send MIDI from AUM, it won’t work. AUM sees the virtual midi port for MidEast Drummer (or any other LUMBEAT app) but that app ignores it. To send MIDI from AUM to LUMBEAT, you need to send MIDI to Audiobus and then have Audiobus send it out of AudioBus’ virtual midi port and then select Audiobus as the input from inside of MidEast Drummer.

This should not be necessary. MIDI sent from AUM to MidEast Drummer is supposed to be seen by MidEast Drummer.

This has been reported to LUMBeats by many people and there have been promises in the past that a fix was coming.

Here is one of several threads explaining the workaround...which is only necessary because the apps don’t listen to their MIDI input ports. There have been many discussions of this on AB Forum because a lot of people have had trouble with this.

Here are a few threads in which this has been discussed—as far as I know, this issue exists in all of the apps. Please PM me if you are still unsure what the issue is:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/38791/solved-lumbeats-drummers-apps-midi-in-how-to

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/883239/#Comment_883239

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/791748/#Comment_791748

• The sound module switch does not exist any more in either Rock or Soft Drummer, I do not know if this is by design. I have not tried the AudioBus workaround but I could find no way of getting MIDI in to either app. I could get them to respond to the song mode MIDI control events but nothing else.

• @MisplacedDevelopment said:
    The sound module switch does not exist any more in either Rock or Soft Drummer, I do not know if this is by design. I have not tried the AudioBus workaround but I could find no way of getting MIDI in to either app. I could get them to respond to the song mode MIDI control events but nothing else.

Am I correct that Song Mode MIDI does not work if sent to the apps' virtual midi ports?

• @espiegel123 I routed AUM keyboard -> DM virtual port and it did respond to G3 which started the drums on the next quantum (guess this corresponds to G2 ‘Play” in the app), though strangely it only played while I had the key held down. I never used song mode so I’m not sure if that proves anything or not. Worked the same with AudioBus routing but I could not get the drums to play individually using either method (AUM keyboard to port 10 -> AB virtual -> RockDM listening on AB virtual)

• edited March 2021

Missing ‘state saving’.. is it possible in IAA.. or just Auv3?

Edit... Great update... Thanks... again..

• @MisplacedDevelopment said:
    @espiegel123 I routed AUM keyboard -> DM virtual port and it did respond to G3 which started the drums on the next quantum (guess this corresponds to G2 ‘Play” in the app), though strangely it only played while I had the key held down. I never used song mode so I’m not sure if that proves anything or not. Worked the same with AudioBus routing but I could not get the drums to play individually using either method (AUM keyboard to port 10 -> AB virtual -> RockDM listening on AB virtual)

Interesting. I don’t have Rock DM. In Mid East Drummer, I have to route AUM to Audiobus and have ME Drummer listen to AB. If I send the midi straight from AUM to ME Drummer, nothing. The same MIDI sent to AudioBus will work if you have ME Drummer listen to Audiobus. But,if you send from Audiobus to the ME Drummer MIDI port, nothing.

In SoftDrummer, I couldn’t get either to work.

• @espiegel123 said:

@MisplacedDevelopment said:
    @espiegel123 I routed AUM keyboard -> DM virtual port and it did respond to G3 which started the drums on the next quantum (guess this corresponds to G2 ‘Play” in the app), though strangely it only played while I had the key held down. I never used song mode so I’m not sure if that proves anything or not. Worked the same with AudioBus routing but I could not get the drums to play individually using either method (AUM keyboard to port 10 -> AB virtual -> RockDM listening on AB virtual)

Interesting. I don’t have Rock DM. In Mid East Drummer, I have to route AUM to Audiobus and have ME Drummer listen to AB. If I send the midi straight from AUM to ME Drummer, nothing. The same MIDI sent to AudioBus will work if you have ME Drummer listen to Audiobus. But,if you send from Audiobus to the ME Drummer MIDI port, nothing.

In SoftDrummer, I couldn’t get either to work.

After rebooting, I could get SoftDrummer to respond to MIDI from AUM only if routed through Audiobus and only if SoftDrummer is set to listen to Audiobus. Sending to the SoftDrummer Virtual MIDI port from either Audiobus or AUM doesn’t work. MidEast Drummer is the same for me.

The apps don’t seem to listen to their own in port. So, you can only get MIDI to them from apps that publish their output port. Most MIDI apps with in ports, listen to those ports without an explicit assignment, fwiw.

• Updated.. with Soundsets..

Sweet... Thanks..

• Would be nice to hear them first!

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Would be nice to hear them first!

it is possible in the app

• edited March 2021

@MAtrixplan said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Would be nice to hear them first!

it is possible in the app

You are correct! The obvious icon in the upper-right corner of each soundset — a speaker with soundwaves! — required more patience or accuracy than I gave it on my first fat-fingered try.

They're not bad. They sound like Ampify GrooveBox drum presets.

• @espiegel123 said:

@MisplacedDevelopment said:
    The sound module switch does not exist any more in either Rock or Soft Drummer, I do not know if this is by design. I have not tried the AudioBus workaround but I could find no way of getting MIDI in to either app. I could get them to respond to the song mode MIDI control events but nothing else.

Am I correct that Song Mode MIDI does not work if sent to the apps' virtual midi ports?

In the three apps that I tested yesterday (SoftDrummer, MidEast Drummer, Jazz Drummer), MIDI directed at the apps’ MIDI ports from AUM or Audiobus didn’t do anything. The same MIDI sent to Audiobus’ virtual out with Audiobus chosen as an input source with the apps worked (which was expected).

If someone is having luck directing MIDI to the apps virtual MIDI port directly from AUM, please share your secret.