Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iPAD --> multi channel out --> MAC?

edited March 2021 in Other

Hi,

I want to get 8 channels out from AUM into Logic on the Mac. I have been trying to use the Audiofuse ADATs. Sometimes it works and sometimes it just refuses to lock ADAT to the Scarlett 18i20.

Is there some other interface that actually works?!!

Is it too much to ask to get 8 channels out of the iPAD into Mac?

Or is the only workable/reliable solution to record into stems (MTR etc) and import into Logic?

Comments

• Rme interfaces here:
    iPad octamic xtc
    Mac ufx+

24 ch travel by MADI in both direction.

• edited March 2021

I have an audiofuse and that is my method, however audiofuse can be fussy and crashy with this set up, I was battling this just last night. Make sure the ADAT ports are activated in the desktop software and if its being weird make sure the audiofuse is powered up first and also i solved issues by pulling the power plug out as a hard power down. Not ideal but fix my problems.

• edited March 2021

When you say ADAT ports do you mean the Digital I/O settings? I find the only way to get a lock seems to be using 18i20 external ADAT and Audiofuse internal 48khz but it is just a flakey bastard.

• edited March 2021

I just mean instead of the SPDIF, as you can toggle between and cant use both (as far as I could tell). In terms of the sample rate and clock source, Its trial & error for me, I never remember what I do to get it working again! Two nights ago it was pulling the plug as I assumed that it didn’t like booting up whilst receiving info from ES-8.

Audiofuse ticks so many boxes so I don’t know what I could replace it with but its crashiness when I push it with complex IO is making me worry about its reliability when I do finally get back on stage.

Also pulling the plug is very less than ideal considering I once saw a little spark whilst doing it! It does seem to hard reset the unit, more thsn powering down via the button.

• I think I will have to abandon the idea of trying to record 8 tracks from AUM to Logic with the Audiofuse as I spend 99% of my time trying to get to work rather than making music! Will use 4pockets multitrack recorder 8 times for each track then export to Logic.

Massive gap in the market here for either a multitrack audio interface that will support MAC + IPAD at the same time (connectaudio4+ is discontinued) or a way to record multitrack from AUM.

• Why u dont record directly in aum?

• @NimboStratus said:
    I think I will have to abandon the idea of trying to record 8 tracks from AUM to Logic with the Audiofuse as I spend 99% of my time trying to get to work rather than making music! Will use 4pockets multitrack recorder 8 times for each track then export to Logic.

Massive gap in the market here for either a multitrack audio interface that will support MAC + IPAD at the same time (connectaudio4+ is discontinued) or a way to record multitrack from AUM.

Quicker than MTR In this case is probably record enabling your eight tracks in AUM and then using AirDrop to send the folder of stems you created