Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iPhone 12 mini - internal speaker strange impulse response

edited March 2021 in Other

So, this is kinda hard to express and most people probably wouldn't notice it -- and I'm not sure if this is "by design" or some kind of hardware issue with the phone.

Any sounds that are played over the internal speakers of my iPhone 12 mini have a very strange sound to them. They definitely sound heavily processed, and particularly very short sounds (like the default keyboard click) sound very odd.

For example, the keyboard click doesn't sound like a click, it sounds like a stereotypical "laser shot". (chirpy... "dew dew" instead of "tick tick").

Voices almost sound vocoder-like.

Has anyone else noticed this? (especially in direct comparison to headphones or an older phone)

Is this some kind of heavy-handed psychoacoustic processing in iOS due to the multi-speaker setup, or is my device just faulty?

EDIT: Found a reddit thread that describes the problem exactly:

https://www.reddit.com/r/iphonehelp/comments/kkyttv/iphone_12_mini_internal_speaker_sound_problems/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=&utm_content=post_body

I sure hope this gets improved in an iOS update.