Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

sonicLAB PaSSBot AUv3 has just been released

https://apps.apple.com/app/passbot/id1557720096

PaSSBot is the sound designers chisel. It is a stochastic filter bank audio processor with complex modulation capabilities, conceived/developed by Sinan Bökesoy.

PaSSBot is a unique stochastic filter bank audio processor. The desktop VST/AU version of PaSSbot has already arrived in February 2020 and this iOS version is equivalent to the latest version 2.1.

PaSSBot filter types are Biquad, StateVariableFilter, Ladder and Resonaters. With behaviors of bandpass, Lo + Hipass and up to 64 of them in true stereo !

The user can set values of center frequency, gain and resonance of the each filter, which will be then eloborated with powerful stochastic generators ( 4 independent GENs for each filter ) with continuous or discrete probabilistic distributions but also with standard waveforms.

One can set each filter parameters individually, but also distribute them in harmonic order, again the harmonic spread ratio can be set by the user or even can be modulated by a GEN.

Precision DSP rendering, less than 1milisec. control rate precision.

The filters can run continuously or be triggered manually. In that case, each filter will be applied an independent AR envelope with configurable random duration.

Important notes :

• A recent iPAD model is being recommended and also setting the host buffer size to 128 or higher greatly helps to the CPU needs which also heavily depends on the number of parallel filters being used.

• The resonators can be sensitive to input signal level.

• The PaSSBot manual can be found at this link.

https://www.sonic-lab.com/PaSSBot_files/PassBot_manual.pdf

sonicLAB PaSSBot youtube playlist :

Comments

• edited March 2021

Wooow. A lot of money to spend today 😂😂😂

• This game is getting expensive.

• Crazy amazing I love it. Very very good surprise

• Toneboosters VCF filter plugin...!? 🤔 what do i get over this? Don’t see yet anything I could use at least for my music.

• Great, love this developers apps, right up my strasse :)

• Same developer as Hainbach´s Fundamentals. Same fiddly user interface.

• Was waiting for this as an AUV3 - will be purchasing as soon as I get home from work...👍

• Wow and double wow. Passbot have done a great job with these demo vids, looks mighty impressive.

• I don't love the interface, but I do love the sound so I purchased it. I like what soniclab does and will continue to purchase their fun instruments.

• Yes interface is a pain even on big iPad infortuna

• Looks very useful for ambient and for sound design.

• @richardyot said:
    Looks very useful for ambient and for sound design.

You dropped the A word in the AB Forum. Does that mean this will shoot to number 1 within the hour? 😋

• bought this right away, it's very very interesting!

• @Gavinski said:

@richardyot said:
    Looks very useful for ambient and for sound design.

You dropped the A word in the AB Forum. Does that mean this will shoot to number 1 within the hour? 😋

Ha, the ambient jokes never get old!

• How do users find these in general after the honeymoon period? I’ve heard about UI and preset management shortcomings... have these been addressed? Anything else newcomers should be aware of?

• @Charlesalbert said:

cool, what else is out there to buy today?

• @0tolerance4silence said:
    How do users find these in general after the honeymoon period? I’ve heard about UI and preset management shortcomings... have these been addressed? Anything else newcomers should be aware of?

Preset management is still a pain...PassBot is actually a little worse than Fundamental to be honest as the save / load buttons for the presets are just too close together, and though you can import / export banks in the standalone version, this isn't mirrored in the AUV3 plugin - you can only copy or erase banks in there.

The UI for Sinan's (the dev) apps are always pretty much straight copies of the desktop versions, so are often difficult / impossible to interact with - I find using an Apple Pencil helps...

Overall though, I'm willing to forgive the problems because they're pretty unique apps - Sinan's approach is very interesting, and once you get your head around one app, the others have similar approaches to modulation (for example) that start to make a lot of sense.

• Nice app, terrible UI.

• Yes, very interesting, bad UI

• @Gavinski said:
    Yes, very interesting, bad UI

Just like Fundamental. btw......no dark mode?

• @richardyot said:
    Nice app, terrible UI.

Where do you see an usecase in ambneit context? I am really curious 🧐

• i’m still confused. is this a generator instrument, or a filter effect?

• edited March 2021

@david_2017 said:

@richardyot said:
    Nice app, terrible UI.

It's a good app for making wind and waves etc if you feed white noise into it. You can also get more drone-like sounds if you put more musical content through it.

I spent a few minutes playing some of the Korg Module Far North sounds into this, and it's a good mangler. I also created some great textures with Elliott Garage WaveShaper and PaSSBot.

• @eross said:
    i’m still confused. is this a generator instrument, or a filter effect?

You're not alone. I'm going to wait till @Gavinski has done a video.

• @drcongo said:

@eross said:
    i’m still confused. is this a generator instrument, or a filter effect?

You're not alone. I'm going to wait till @Gavinski has done a video.

It's a filter, but a pretty unique one.

• sound interesting. i’ll probably wait for a good demo too before buying

• @eross said:

@Charlesalbert said:

This, sharper and I’ve hoped for atom 2

• @richardyot said:

@david_2017 said:

@richardyot said:
    Nice app, terrible UI.

It's a good app for making wind and waves etc if you feed white noise into it. You can also get more drone-like sounds if you put more musical content through it.

I spent a few minutes playing some of the Korg Module Far North sounds into this, and it's a good mangler. I also created some great textures with Elliott Garage WaveShaper and PaSSBot.

Thanks mate. Atm I am using ToneBoosters VCF to get some subtle movements in my drones and pads and stuff. But I will keep an eye on this one too ;)

• edited March 2021

@Charlesalbert said:

@eross said:

@Charlesalbert said:

This, sharper and I’ve hoped for atom 2

sharper ?what is that app? is it a transient shaper or something?

• @enkaytee said:

@0tolerance4silence said:
    How do users find these in general after the honeymoon period? I’ve heard about UI and preset management shortcomings... have these been addressed? Anything else newcomers should be aware of?

Preset management is still a pain...PassBot is actually a little worse than Fundamental to be honest as the save / load buttons for the presets are just too close together, and though you can import / export banks in the standalone version, this isn't mirrored in the AUV3 plugin - you can only copy or erase banks in there.

The UI for Sinan's (the dev) apps are always pretty much straight copies of the desktop versions, so are often difficult / impossible to interact with - I find using an Apple Pencil helps...

Overall though, I'm willing to forgive the problems because they're pretty unique apps - Sinan's approach is very interesting, and once you get your head around one app, the others have similar approaches to modulation (for example) that start to make a lot of sense.

Thanks for all the feedback :)