Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Shaper - Synthesizer by Qiushi Jiang

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1536713443

Description:

Shaper is a subtractive synthesizer specifically designed for the mobile platform. It is fully-featured and capable of creating a wide range of amazing-sounding patches. The user interface is intuitively laid out to ensure a smooth creative experience.

Feature highlights:

• 2 alias-free waveform oscillators and an additional noise oscillator
  • 2 ENVs and 2 LFOs
  • Intuitive "drag and drop" modulation assignment
  • Fully configurable LFO graph
  • Classic analog filter
  • 3-slot effect rack
  • 7 built-in effects (Bitcrusher, Chorus, Delay, Distortion, Filter, Phaser, Reverb)
  • MIDI and MIDI learn support
  • AUv3 support

Details:
Universal: Yes
Minimum OS version: 12.0
Rated: 0 based on 0 votes

Comments

• Whoever made that topic about breakpoint lfo’s the other month will be happy about this synth.

• @aleyas said:
    Whoever made that topic about breakpoint lfo’s the other month will be happy about this synth.

Good point. That’s certainly something rarely seen. Still, hasn’t the 2osc -> filter configuration been pretty much done to death at this point? Maybe I’m just cranky.

• are there any audio or
    video demos anywhere.?

• Amazing. Will test it ASAP.

• Really quick play. Only to make you hear how presets sound.

• @Charlesalbert said:

Really quick play. Only to make you hear how presets sound.

Some nice sounds but is there anything new about this synth?

• @gregsmith said:

@Charlesalbert said:

I think not unfortunately😂

• @Charlesalbert said:

@gregsmith said:

@Charlesalbert said:

I think not unfortunately😂

😂 thanks

• edited March 2021

Ok took the plunge the GUI looks nice the Reverb has a freeze function which is quite unique for a synth may come in handy for these drone sound creations.

First impressions it sounds big and for sound design quite easy to learn. I say it’s one of these synths that if your new to synthesis design is a good place to start for learning how to create patches on it’s definitely not to intimidating. The LFO modulation drag and drop system it uses is first class.

The settings menu is lacking no Ableton link from what I can see and is quite sparse.

The effects section is quite comprehensive.
    No onboard ARP which would of been a bonus.

As a AU loads no problem seems low on CPU which is good news for older iPads.

All the parameters are showing in AUM for modulating by external sources.

Manual here
    https://autumnrock.dev/shaper/manual/shaper_1.0_manual.pdf

• @aleyas said:
    Whoever made that topic about breakpoint lfo’s the other month will be happy about this synth.

@aleyas said:

It’s me and I’m very excited and I hope more developers will follow.
    This synth looks very simple, but it’s a good way in the right direction 🖤

• @Charlesalbert said:

Thx for the presets overview 🙏🏽

• @DarkAum3o said:

@aleyas said:

@aleyas said:

It’s me and I’m very excited and I hope more developers will follow.
    This synth looks very simple, but it’s a good way in the right direction 🖤

Sweet! Hope more devs follow suit! Don't some of the AD synths have them too? Continua and Quanta I think?

• @DarkAum3o said:

@Charlesalbert said:

Thx for the presets overview 🙏🏽

You are welcome. I have to stay that is a really easy synth to start trying some personal sound design.

• edited March 2021

The drag and drop modulation by the way is a neat trick for simplifying the process. I wish more AU synths made it this simple.

• @gregsmith said:

@Charlesalbert said:

Oh yes, the name! Although it doesn't even contain a shaper but we have all that in Drambo anyway 🤷🏼‍♂️

• @Jumpercollins said:
    The drag and drop modulation by the way is a neat trick for simplifying the process. I wish more AU synths made it this simple.

Wow...totally agree. This makes it very easy to route stuff. Nice feature!

• @Charlesalbert said:

Yes @Charlesalbert thanks for the demo. Some of the pad sounds peaked my interest!

• @rs2000 said:

@gregsmith said:

@Charlesalbert said:

Oh yes, the name! Although it doesn't even contain a shaper but we have all that in Drambo anyway 🤷🏼‍♂️

Not to be confused with the other Shaper from K-Devices 🤔

• @Philandering_Bastard said:

@rs2000 said:

@gregsmith said:

@Charlesalbert said:

Not to be confused with the other Shaper from K-Devices 🤔

One of my favourite apps!

• @rs2000 said:

@gregsmith said:

@Charlesalbert said:

As I know you can’t draw curves in Drambo, not on the lfo either the envelope

• Is there an option for a Sample and Hold LFO? I noticed you can draw your own LFO waveforms, but a S&H is nice to have, too.....

• @DarkAum3o said:

@rs2000 said:

@gregsmith said:

@Charlesalbert said:

While it’s true Drambo doesn’t support bezier curve tools in it’s shapers, it definitely does support curves. The graphic envelope is a curve drawing envelope, while the graphic modulator is a curve drawing LFO.

• Hmmm, what 'waveforms' does it offer?
    From the screenshots it looks like it can't do PWM but offers phase control....
    ...can't find any manual or further information on the home page either :(

Personally I wonder if I even need more 'synths' at the moment considering I'm a 'Drambonian' and the Wavetable IAP covers a lot of ground and with the new 'Analog' filters around the corner the market is starting to get a bit 'crowded'.

I will take a closer look at the Kirnu Butter Synth when it comes out...

• @DarkAum3o said:

@rs2000 said:

@gregsmith said:

@Charlesalbert said:

Sure you can! LFO, envelopes, whatever.

• @Samu said:
    Hmmm, what 'waveforms' does it offer?
    From the screenshots it looks like it can't do PWM but offers phase control....
    ...can't find any manual or further information on the home page either :(

Personally I wonder if I even need more 'synths' at the moment considering I'm a 'Drambonian' and the Wavetable IAP covers a lot of ground and with the new 'Analog' filters around the corner the market is starting to get a bit 'crowded'.

I will take a closer look at the Kirnu Butter Synth when it comes out...

@Samu Manual link here.

https://autumnrock.dev/shaper/manual/shaper_1.0_manual.pdf

• @Samu One of your Fav devs is bringing out a MK 2 version of one of his Synth soon u may want to save u pennies for that 🤑

• @Jumpercollins said:

@Samu One of your Fav devs is bringing out a MK 2 version of one of his Synth soon u may want to save u pennies for that 🤑

Who might that be since I have no clue of any MK 2 synths?! :D (I have honestly no clue!).

Anyways, Shaper doesn't seem to do do PWM so It's automatic pass for now...

• ALBALB
    edited March 2021

Haven't played with it much but the drag n' very drop feature is very quick, the drawable LFOs are interesting & give unique sounds, and the three slots of effects (of which there are many) are welcome and can be modulated. So it gets points for the UI. I wish it had one more LFO, one more oscillator, maybe some kind of oddball arp. None of these subtractive synths sound quite the same to me, so I'm not going to moan about "yet another..." If the drawable LFO isn't your thing, then maybe you pass. Yes, Drambo does it, but do you always want to use Drambo?