Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Carbon / 6 Electrons. More ISEM!

edited March 2021 in Creations

I am crazy about the sound of ISEM (Onsale now for 5 bucks). It has a mammoth sound and works flawlessly with Cubasis3.

9th and final track of a series based on the Periodic Table. I hope to do a part 2, but will have to abandon the electron-track correspondence. Too many tracks for me!

4 tracks of ISEM plus 2 tracks ISymphonic Strings. Frankly, I love this one. More thanks to @McD for suggesting this theme, and to @rs2000 for introducing me to Tomita.

Comments

• Just excellent, and this is from hearing it only on iphone speakers. Inspired juxtaposition of instruments.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Just excellent, and this is from hearing it only on iphone speakers. Inspired juxtaposition of instruments.

Listening on iPhone speakers here as well (at work). Good stuff as usual @LinearLineman !!

• Thank you for the praise @ExAsperis99 and @Intrepolicious. I will never figure out how tiny phone speakers work so well. Makes one wonder about the disproportion in quality/cost of large speakers v. Phone and iPad speakers.

• Ha, I know. Remember lugging around giant speakers from apartment to apartment?
    And frankly, it sounds much better in headphones. I, too, love iSem.

• @ExAsperis99, it is hard to understand how Bose can get such full range of sound out of their radio CD player better than a pair speakers several times it’s size. And the four speakers on an iPad Pro do a great job when each speaker is probably the size of a quarter. Headphones are the best, of course, but it isn’t the same as the rare treat of great sound in the open air. What headphones do you use?

• @LinearLineman said:
    @ExAsperis99, it is hard to understand how Bose can get such full range of sound out of their radio CD player better than a pair speakers several times it’s size. And the four speakers on an iPad Pro do a great job when each speaker is probably the size of a quarter. Headphones are the best, of course, but it isn’t the same as the rare treat of great sound in the open air. What headphones do you use?

I use a mid-tier pair of Samson (Sam Ash house brand I think) studio cans. Model number? Couldn’t tell you, but they were cheap; about $50 IIRC

Or, sometimes, if I’m just noodling about on the couch, I’ll use a standard pair of Apple earbuds.

I was having a listen to a few of your SoundCloud tracks through my iPhone speakers and it suddenly occurred to me that a lot of the stuff that I do requires headphones!

I mean if someone’s listening to my stuff, they’re missing like half of it if they’re trying to listen through device speakers.

• @Intrepolicious, indeed, sir, you are correct. With my stuff there is a falling short of production savvy. It could sound better on device speakers, but it’s missing something on my end.... correct compression and EQ, no doubt. There is a significant difference with my tracks between Apple earbuds and legit headphones as well, proving my deficiencies, cause movie soundtracks sound fine on the Apple buds. Naturally most listeners here probably listen on device speakers... otherwise you and I would be famous by now. 😳😉😂