Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iOS 7.1.1

so,who took the plunge and updated?Everything is working like before (or hopefully better)?

Comments

• Oh wow, didn't see that yet. I will definitely be updating because 7.1 on iPad has that awful glitch where the indicator/battery/connection bar pops up and blocks half the controls for iPhone apps. I have several iPhone synths that sound great, but are rendered unusable by that problem.

At least on iPhone, however, I don't see that referenced in the change log....

• Working fine here with my Air.

• edited April 2014

Fine on mini retina.
    But they still didnt fix the bug where the audio breaks up when u start another audioapp ...
    It was working with 4.2 and 5
    come on apple, u can do it again!!!

• Works fine on my iPad 2. :-)

• Updated my gf's iphone 5 yesterday and all worked good. I'm about to do air

• Just updated air, no issues but no obvious benefits either

• Updated... haven't had much time since to play with the music apps (so far so good there) but everything else seems to be fine!

• thanks for the impressions!

• Somebody needs to brave to press the button first....;)

• In that case, thank your gf for us...

• @StormJH1 said:

Oh wow, didn't see that yet. I will definitely be updating because 7.1 on iPad has that awful glitch where the indicator/battery/connection bar pops up and blocks half the controls for iPhone apps. I have several iPhone synths that sound great, but are rendered unusable by that problem.

At least on iPhone, however, I don't see that referenced in the change log....

Well, just updated my ipad2. The only iPhone app I think I have on it right now is dot Melody.
    It still shows the battery, time etc. There isn't (never was with this app) and actual bar that blocks anything, the icons just float above the screen of the app below and don't interfere, just annoy.

I don't have any other iPhone only apps to test, only one I had on the iPad was Xynthesizer, and it seemed to dissapear because I installed the beta of the iPad version.

• edited April 2014

According to an article on Yahoo, the 7.1.1 update has less impact on battery life (yay!)... but that makes me wonder just how much benefit us crazy music app-abusing aficionados can expect at the end of the day!

• I updated both my air and iPhone 5 OTA, and it went fine. But, as always with Apples updates nowadays there's a chance it might "brick" your idevice. It's happened to me on earlier updates, and I've already seen people getting their devices "bricked" with this update. So be sure to make a proper backup before updating. And be mentally prepared to mess around with getting your device out of various recovery/restore loops I guess...

• edited April 2014

thanks for the heads up,i have an 8 hours travel tomorrow and if there's a slight chance that something could go wrong i'll better wait until i'm at home.It would be armageddon if i couldn't use my iPad on the travel :)

• @PaulB said:

In that case, thank your gf for us...

I did. She told me I shouldn't have used her phone as a guinea pig. I'm in trouble!

• Women...they just don't understand!!!

• @supadom said:

Women...they just don't understand!!!

this woman does... but, her BF doesn't have an iOS device that she can use as a guinea pig. so tell ur gf thanks! :D

• Already did, not sure she heard me tho. He has but she's not allowed to touch it everyday ;-)