Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT Build your own Midi footswitch

https://github.com/hunked/hans

Hans sends MIDI notes on/off messages as well as control change/program change messages. I made Hans to work with the Synthstrom Deluge (which requires note on messages) but it will work with anything that takes any of the aforementioned MIDI messages over USB or a standard MIDI cable.

Hans is powered by an 18650 battery for true portability and I often use mine with my Deluge using only a MIDI cable for a connection.

Hans is totally customizable. Change notes and velocities, CC numbers and values, PC numbers, channels, and various system settings all from the footswitch. As well - Hans is totally open source and I am updating the firmware as often as I find any bugs/think of any missing features. The firmware is easily updatable using the teensy loader (or full arduino software, if you so desire).

Comments

• Thanks for linking this here, I was a little surprised to see this!

I had a lot of fun working on this project and while the bulk of the work is done I'm still adding to the git to improve instructions, fixing any bugs that I still come across, and I guess adding features if I think of any.

• @rmore said:
    Thanks for linking this here, I was a little surprised to see this!

I had a lot of fun working on this project and while the bulk of the work is done I'm still adding to the git to improve instructions, fixing any bugs that I still come across, and I guess adding features if I think of any.

I had no idea you were on this forum, though I shouldn't be surprised. Glad you are, and glad to have linked your project.

Nice work.

• @audiblevideo said:
    I had no idea you were on this forum, though I shouldn't be surprised. Glad you are, and glad to have linked your project.

Nice work.

I joined relatively recently when I picked up an iPad after Christmas..so this is like my 3rd post or something :)

Thank you very much!