Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BeatMaker Update 3.0.15

tjatja
edited March 2021 in General App Discussion

Totally unexpected:

Could again not copy the text directly

Comments

• edited March 2021

New update just dropped :)

Added support for endless encoders with relative/incremental options in macro controls.
    Improved splitting and merging of Patterns with automation data.
    Improved automations of AUv3 plugin parameters.
    Improved macro controls of AUv3 plugin parameters.
    Fixed context switching when editing pattern automations.
    Fixed CC6&38 issue for macro controls.
    Overall stability improvements.

So far now crashes or other oddities on my iPad Air 2, iPadOS14.4...

• @Samu said:

Added support for endless encoders with relative/incremental options in macro controls.
    Improved splitting and merging of Patterns with automation data.
    Improved automations of AUv3 plugin parameters.
    Fixed context switching when editing pattern automations.
    Overall stability improvements.

So far now crashes or other oddities on my iPad Air 2, iPadOS14.4...

Thanks for posting this Samu. The release notes are too modest, imo. Automation is ‘greatly improved’.

• Looking forward to ‘22 :)

• @tk32 said:

Thanks for posting this Samu. The release notes are too modest, imo. Automation is ‘greatly improved’.

Yeah, I'll give it a good spin later although there are other apps that keep me quite busy.
    Hosting Drambo in BM3 is always a fun 'exercise'.

I'm happy to see an update with a bit of polish...
    ...one ancient screen update issues is still there, doesn't affect functionality just 'cosmetics'.

The 'pad names' in pattern view are not always updated.
    (ie. need to switch between scene/song & pattern to update them).

Also all tracks are still 'armed for recording' by default (red blob), maybe it's by design but I find it a bit odd.

Lately I've mostly been using Koala for sampling (love the speed/flow of the app).
    Something similar for the BM3 pads would be most welcome :)

As a sampling workstation there's still nothing on iOS/iPadOS that comes even remotely close to BM3!

Cheers!

• @Samu said:

Holy shit! I've been submitting bug reports and feature requests for these exact things for literally years! This is awesome!

• Would be curious as if the crashes got less with this update.
    At least they say so 😅

• This discussion was created from comments split from: Evidence: Why BM3 is the GOAT iOS kit imo..
  • Awesome update. From the other thread:

@OscarSouth said:

@Samu said:

Holy shit! I've been submitting bug reports and feature requests for these exact things for literally years! This is awesome!

Can't get relative/incremental receivers to play nice with the NPRN inc/dec commands that my MPD32 sends out, but I'm still figuring out how NPRNs work really and I can probs sort something out with Mozaic. It works perfectly with the CC based relative encoders on my M-Audio Code controller.

• I wonder if the promised iPhone version is far away?

• @OscarSouth said:
    Can't get relative/incremental receivers to play nice with the NPRN inc/dec commands that my MPD32 sends out, but I'm still figuring out how NPRNs work really and I can probs sort something out with Mozaic.

Head asplode :)

• This is the update I’ve been hoping for. The automation bugs were difficult to work with. Very pleased with these fixes.

Here’s the link seeing as @tja didn’t provide one: https://apps.apple.com/ca/app/beatmaker-3/id1060317024

(Lol, I’m just having a joke with you there @tja :wink: )

• tjatja
    edited March 2021

@gusgranite said:
    This is the update I’ve been hoping for. The automation bugs were difficult to work with. Very pleased with these fixes.

Here’s the link seeing as @tja didn’t provide one: https://apps.apple.com/ca/app/beatmaker-3/id1060317024

Yes, sorry 😅😅😅

I was fighting to get my Shortcut running, which should provide everything - but often the Shortcut only get's data from the former version. This distracted me ...

• edited March 2021

@CapnWillie said:
    Noiiiice!

Christmas came early, or late, for @AudioGus 🎄!

Nice to see the update! Yah, a bit late for my current shtick but if I ever commute again this will be great.

• @tja said:

@gusgranite said:
    This is the update I’ve been hoping for. The automation bugs were difficult to work with. Very pleased with these fixes.

Yes, sorry 😅😅😅

I was fighting to get my Shortcut running, which should provide everything - but often the Shortcut only get's data from the former version. This distracted me ...

I have made a note in your file.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@tja said:

@gusgranite said:

Yes, sorry 😅😅😅

You mean, where I shared it?
    Cannot remember how and where I did this.
    Going to seek

• @tja said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@tja said:

@gusgranite said:

Yes, sorry 😅😅😅

You mean, where I shared it?
    Cannot remember how and where I did this.
    Going to seek

No, no....I was teasing you with a reference to some Big Brother like clerking :)

• edited March 2021

@all Any thoughts at this point in history as regards the best/most accessible BM3 tut source for those slow boys willing to go back and try again?

• Still waiting on that bm3 book

• schsch
    edited March 2021

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @all Any thoughts at this point in history as regards the best/most accessible BM3 tut source for those slow boys willing to go back and try again?

Oi, mate,

I've been digging into this myself in the last few days, never really having gotten into BM3 before. Last night I watched a great screencast by Dean at Electrosounds:

It's a long one (2-1/2 hrs), but he creates a track and talks through every point in depth, and a huge amount can be gleaned by watching this.

Kind of serendipitous that this morning, an update drops!

Cheers!

• @CapnWillie said:

@Telstar5 said:
    Still waiting on that bm3 book

Lol. Me thinks it’s gone the way of NS2 audio tracks and BM3 iPhone version.

In other words, I think @tk32 threw in the towel on that some time ago but doesn’t want to break any hearts.

I think @tk32 prioritized beta testing BM3 and putting a load of hours into supporting the upcoming Atom2 so he is still giving his time to the community like an absolute champ. Honestly, when you add in his constant help on Discord and the forums as well, one of the most helpful people in the biz! Something tells me that BM3 getting some developer love might inspire @tk32 to dust off the book again down the road but maybe that’s just my wishful thinking (cough sampler chapter cough). 😉

• Good to see an update to this old friend. 👍🏼

• *insert soft thunder and gentle rain sounds

I stay loyal and look how you love me BM3, look how you love me, girl....

• edited March 2021

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@OscarSouth said:
    Can't get relative/incremental receivers to play nice with the NPRN inc/dec commands that my MPD32 sends out, but I'm still figuring out how NPRNs work really and I can probs sort something out with Mozaic.

Head asplode :)

This is the super simplistic Mozaic script that makes the NPRN Absolute MIDI info sent by my AKAI MPD32 work with BM3s Absolute MIDI implementation.

@OnMidiInput
      if MIDIByte3 = 0x1
        if MIDIByte2 = 0x60
          SendMIDIOut 0xB5, 0x49, 0x1
        elseif MIDIByte2 = 0x61
          SendMIDIOut 0xB5, 0x49, 07F
        endif
      endif
    @End

BM3 config set RELATIVE TO 0

Only works for the inc/dec commands on NPRN 127 127 (<<-- I don't know what this means in technical terms) and sends specifically to CC73 on channel 6, which is just what the absolute encoder on my other MIDI controller (which worked with BM3 out of the box) displayed in the midi monitor and I copypasted.

Anyone feel free to take this and expand on it to generalise, expand on or otherwise package nicely for others. I don't really make general usage scripts for Mozaic (yet) -- just really specific/minimalistic implementations of tasks that I need it to do.

Oscar

• @Cambler said:
    I wonder if the promised iPhone version is far away?

When I saw this thread appear, I did wonder if they’d snuck it in just before atom 2! 😂

• Glad to see you guys happy about the update. This update focused more on automation issues.
    The beta testers did a great job checking things out. Please let us know if you found any issues.
    Reach out to myself or @tk32 with details for a bug found and we’ll replicate and send to Vincent.
    Any issues related to banks movement has already been submitted.
    Thanks and enjoy.

• BeatMaker was always one of my favorite apps. The iOS sampler workflow is unmatched in my opinion. The only thing that scared me off is I started getting corrupted sessions and losing my work. Tried reading the forums for a solution but didn’t seem to find a consensus on a solution. Most seem to infer it was closing the app during auto save. Anyone know if this issue has been solved? Would love to get back to sampling in BeatMaker.

• man of all the apps. it would be amazing to have this app come to iphone. i think it could finally be a complete sampling, song writing, daw tool that is missing on iphone. hopefully someday

• @mikewb said:
    BeatMaker was always one of my favorite apps. The iOS sampler workflow is unmatched in my opinion. The only thing that scared me off is I started getting corrupted sessions and losing my work. Tried reading the forums for a solution but didn’t seem to find a consensus on a solution. Most seem to infer it was closing the app during auto save. Anyone know if this issue has been solved? Would love to get back to sampling in BeatMaker.

I start using BM3 with the update that came out about a year ago. I've never experienced corruption of a project. Since, I am not a fan of auto-save in any app. I am in the habit of periodically using Save.

• @sch said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Oi, mate,

I've been digging into this myself in the last few days, never really having gotten into BM3 before. Last night I watched a great screencast by Dean at Electrosounds:

It's a long one (2-1/2 hrs), but he creates a track and talks through every point in depth, and a huge amount can be gleaned by watching this.

Kind of serendipitous that this morning, an update drops!

Cheers!

Serendipity abounds! Thank you my friend...

• @espiegel123 said:

@mikewb said:
    BeatMaker was always one of my favorite apps. The iOS sampler workflow is unmatched in my opinion. The only thing that scared me off is I started getting corrupted sessions and losing my work. Tried reading the forums for a solution but didn’t seem to find a consensus on a solution. Most seem to infer it was closing the app during auto save. Anyone know if this issue has been solved? Would love to get back to sampling in BeatMaker.

I start using BM3 with the update that came out about a year ago. I've never experienced corruption of a project. Since, I am not a fan of auto-save in any app. I am in the habit of periodically using Save.

You hit the nail on the head. If people would just hit save every now and then they wouldn’t have any problems. It’s the same with every desk top DAW I’ve ever used. Save and save often.