Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loopbud Classical Test 3

I think I'm getting better at composing with LoopBud.

Opinions?

(Keep in mind these are just experiments, I'm trying to learn how to best work with the App)

Comments

• So, I bought LoopBud, as I try to support all of the smaller devs here best I can, and have ALL of the “BUD” apps, but what does this one do for us that Atom1 doesn’t already cover?

• edited March 2021

@Intrepolicious said:
    So, I bought LoopBud, as I try to support all of the smaller devs here best I can, and have ALL of the “BUD” apps, but what does this one do for us that Atom1 doesn’t already cover?

In Loopbud you can lay down some notes, disarm and then rearm record... locking in the last played notes. Then build upon the same section with new notes. Pressing Undo will only erase the last notes played. Or use the "auto-undo" function triggered by playing a new note after the loop starts again.

The recording method lets you build a song notes at a time, fast.

Atom1 could come close to composing like Loopbud if the Undo function only removed the last played notes after the record is disarmed and then armed again. Otherwise you would have to select individual notes and delete them to get close to the same recording method of Loopbud.

I hope Atom2 will have a Undo function that will be able to erase only the last notes played. That world be great.

• @horsetrainer said:

@Intrepolicious said:
    So, I bought LoopBud, as I try to support all of the smaller devs here best I can, and have ALL of the “BUD” apps, but what does this one do for us that Atom1 doesn’t already cover?

In Loopbud you can lay down some notes, disarm and then rearm record... locking in the last played notes. Then build upon the same section with new notes. Pressing Undo will only erase the last notes played. Or use the "auto-undo" function triggered by playing a new note after the loop starts again.

The recording method lets you build a song notes at a time, fast.

Atom1 could come close to composing like Loopbud if the Undo function only removed the last played notes after the record is disarmed and then armed again. Otherwise you would have to select individual notes and delete them to get close to the same recording method of Loopbud.

I hope Atom2 will have a Undo function that will be able to erase only the last notes played. That world be great.

Thanks! I’m patiently waiting for Atom 2, but will definitely check out Loopbud in the meantime. Thanks for pointing out some of the key differences.