Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Can you use PolyThemus MIDI Effect in Cubasis? ANSWER: No multi-out support.

McDMcD
edited March 2021 in General App Discussion

Can Polythemus be used in Cubasis to split chords into multiple MIDI channel streams so SWAM Brass can be played as an ensemble?

No. Multi-out MIDI FX work well in AUM but Cubasis doesn't have this feature.

Comments

• Ditto... I’ve been wondering the same thing.

• edited March 2021

Yeah. Lots of questioners. Now we just need some answerers. The difficulty, I think, is to create several SWAMs playing different notes at the same time. I haven’t messed with it in Cubasis3 yet, but I’m thinking a workaround might be rolling the chords quickly and then quantizing to an 1/8th note maybe.

• First attempt to record using Polythemus in Cubasis3 a failure. What would the correct routing be to get it to record the individual parts on individual tracks? Maybe this doesn’t work in Cubasis?

• It looks like Polythemus is implemented using Multi-outs.

Each voice is sent out on a different output but they are all coded with MIDI Channel 1.
    I assumed each voice was using a distinct MIDI channel. This would be a feature enhancement request for the developer. It doesn't seem like a huge ask.

Cubasis doesn't seem to know about multi-channels.

Is there a Mozaic script that routes stacked notes (chords) out to distinct channels?

• @McD said:
    Is there a Mozaic script that routes stacked notes (chords) out to distinct channels?

I think that's what the several related Mozaic plugins on patchstorage.com do. There's Roll-a-poly, Poly-it-up, PolyMono, maybe more. I don't know which is best. Here's link to Roll-a-Poly:
    https://patchstorage.com/roll-a-poly/

• Cubasis doesn't support multi-out MIDI FX. So, it's a no-go.

• Hi all,

Are we talking AUv3 Multi Out support?
    If so, this is on our list, highly prioritised.

Best,
    Lars

• @LFS said:
    Hi all,

Are we talking AUv3 Multi Out support?
    If so, this is on our list, highly prioritised.

Best,
    Lars

Can't wait. Good news.

• Thanks for the info @LFS. Looking forward to that.