Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cover of “Breaker” by Low. Whatyouthink?

edited March 2021 in Creations

Hi!

Alan of Low is my favorite Tweeter. Besides being the nicest human being, he posts handmade drawings of chords to Low songs, all open G tuning. So I wanted to try this one out on my 4 string CGB and got carried away.

Geektails:
4 string CGB (right) trying out the upcoming FH-2 amp sim which I’m very much liking. The left side is a send to Alteza and Dubstep creating sort of a messy mesh.
3 string CGB as bass with Nembrini Quinta octaver
Drambo for drums , blips and boings, triggering samples from Samples From Mars.
The “Synth” is the guitar through Roxsyn.
Loads of Tape Pro, MixBox tape and compression.
Recorded with Zenbeats, mixed finished in Auria.

The video is Madrid yesterday, the dogs I don’t know... they’re stock video 🐶.

Comments are very much appreciated. Cheers!

Comments

• edited March 2021

This is what started it, had never heard the song before, which was helpful in that I wasn’t too “respectful” to the original. Low are just amazing, and they have some of the most unique and outstanding production. Their latest album “Double negative” is a production masterpiece, some of the most beautiful noise ever recorded.

• Hey @tahiche
    I like it - will check them out based on your creation! Thanks for showing.

• @MrBlaschke said:
    Hey @tahiche
    I like it - will check them out based on your creation! Thanks for showing.

I’m sure you’re gonna love them!. Cheers!,

• Great job - I love Low, amazing band.

• The vocals are uncannily accurate, just like Alan Sparhawk 👍

• edited March 2021

@richardyot said:
    The vocals are uncannily accurate, just like Alan Sparhawk 👍

They’re an octave lower, I think. And I do miss Mimi.
    I wasn’t trying to make it accurate, but just the comparison with Alan is a huge compliment.
    I have a little method when I approach a cover song, I don’t listen to the original and just sing on top chords that sound good, so as to make it more of an interpretation and get more interesting results.
    In this case I started with the guitar notes so it was different. But I was also surprised when I found out Breaker has organ and no guitar chords!.
    Thanks for the comment Richard 🙌

• That was excellent! I'm a big fan of Low and I bet they would dig your take on this tune.

• edited March 2021

@lukesleepwalker said:
    That was excellent! I'm a big fan of Low and I bet they would dig your take on this tune.

Thanks!. Low came late into my life, but hard. I liked them all right, but it was when i saw them live that it popped. Amazing experience, one of the best live acts one can see. Not to mention Alan’s playing... superb.
    They retweeted it, as I made it to an answer to their Tweet, but I don’t know if they’ve heard it.

• I don’t know who Low is, but I just wanted to say that I liked your recording and video. I like the vocals and everything in the mix sounds great!

• I love Low and this totally captures that spirit. Nicely done!!

• @Intrepolicious said:
    I don’t know who Low is, but I just wanted to say that I liked your recording and video. I like the vocals and everything in the mix sounds great!

You should check them out!. Thanks!

@marmakin said:
    I love Low and this totally captures that spirit. Nicely done!!

Thank you!. “Capturing the spirit” is a really nice way of putting it.