Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Who loves GeoShred?

Comments

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    @moForte
    How do I find GS on TestFlight? I got the email invite but it did not include a redeem code. Is there another way in?

The video shows a list of apps in TestFlight, on the left side. But how do you populate that list without a redeem code?

@Poppadocrock said:
    If the email had an invite link, and you have TestFlight installed, if you click on invite in email it should automatically take you to TestFlight where it downloads the app. Once it’s downloaded in TestFlight it’s on your device. No need for any codes.

• @Poppadocrock said:

If the email had an invite link, and you have TestFlight installed, if you click on invite in email it should automatically take you to TestFlight where it downloads the app. Once it’s downloaded in TestFlight it’s on your device. No need for any codes.

I don’t see a link either. Anyone been successful at downloading this yet?

@Poppadocrock said:

Yes

@Poppadocrock said:

Downloaded no problem.... Bloody excellent work from Moforte here btw!

• Nice to know fellow beta testers 😁

• @Paulo164 said:

@Gavinski

Did you find a link or a redeem code in the invite email? What should I look for?

@Paulo164 said:

@Gavinski

Did you find a link or a redeem code in the invite email? What should I look for?

There is no redeem codes on a beta, just an invitation sent to the same email address that you use for the App Store account.

If it’s a brand new invitation it should look like this.

If you’ve already been on the beta, it will just be a notification letting you know there is a new version available in TestFlight to download, with a hyperlink in the word TestFlight

• I’m not on the Geoshred TestFlight so can’t speak on that one but that’s how it always works. Is your iOS up to date?

@Paulo164 said:

@Gavinski

As far as I remember there was no redeem code - I just had to open test flight and the app was there, accept and install

• @Gavinski said:

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@Paulo164 said:

@Gavinski

As far as I remember there was no redeem code - I just had to open test flight and the app was there, accept and install

How would TestFlight know your account was on the beta?

My email invite has no link and no redeem code. I’m starting to feel like an idiot over here….

@Gavinski said:

@Paulo164 said:

@Gavinski

My email invite has no link and no redeem code. I’m starting to feel like an idiot over here….

Turns out there was a second email with a link. I knew I was being an idiot!

• edited September 2022

Anyone figured out how to turn on duophony in a patch where it is not exposed on the control surface?

Also, this beta is an effective marketing scheme. I am going to need at least five or six of these new ones.

• Model & FX / Bansuri / Expert / Duophonic then slide the slider? (not tried it 😊)
    Only applies to instruments that have the feature

• Faves so far are the two flutes, sarangi, and the nadaswaram (oboe). The bowed strings are all very nice.

Nadaswaram may be my new favorite lead voice for screentar. I give it some of the GS distortion box then run it through Timeless and Rymdigare. Huge yet still sassy!

• Anyone know the purpose of the “flatten pitch” button on the two oboes? Why would I need or want a button to detune the instrument? Why not just dial it in on the tuning page?

Clearly I am missing something here….

@Gavinski said:

@Paulo164 said:

@Gavinski

Very very clever move for Moforte / Wizdom to do these world sounds, especially as they have a huge user base in India. I'm sure these will sell well, and those guys deserve it. Wonder if they will open up the Asian Market in general more - very few people in China making music on ipad that I know of

• I think I've fallen for GeoShred again :love:

The option to add the edit-shortcuts to the right (don't know when it got added?!) and the fast-load option for instruments is really nice as well as setting a global layout for the grid that doesn't change with every preset has made it a more fun experience.

The synthesis engine in GeoShred is deep and very fun to explore :sunglasses:

• I got GeoShred control and like it very much. Thinking about upgrading to the pro version and have two questions:

• The feature list says AU support. Does this mean GS can act as a host, or does it come with a plugin version?
    • Does it come with any synth/audio engine that works without additional IAPs ?
  • @catherder said:
    I got GeoShred control and like it very much. Thinking about upgrading to the pro version and have two questions:

• The feature list says AU support. Does this mean GS can act as a host, or does it come with a plugin version?

GeoShred can be used as an AUv3 Plug-In with other apps like Cubasis and AUM.

It does have a nice physical modeling engine for guitar-type sounds and effects built-in and there's some optional IAPs (SWAM Instruments) if/when needed. (I've got the SWAM TenorSax which I got when the IAP was on sale).

There's plenty of videos on Youtube showcasing what GeoShred can do :sunglasses:

• @Samu said:

@catherder said:
    I got GeoShred control and like it very much. Thinking about upgrading to the pro version and have two questions:

GeoShred can be used as an AUv3 Plug-In with other apps like Cubasis and AUM.

It does have a nice physical modeling engine for guitar-type sounds and effects built-in and there's some optional IAPs (SWAM Instruments) if/when needed. (I've got the SWAM TenorSax which I got when the IAP was on sale).

There's plenty of videos on Youtube showcasing what GeoShred can do :sunglasses:

Thanks for the quick answer. Looks like this could be something for me....

• I find myself using GS more lately.
    Doesn’t happen often, but a few times when playing, something happens where the note on/off behavior becomes inverted. I press a note and there is no sound until I lift my finger. I have to eject GS from AUM node and reload for it to behave as expected.
    The first couple times I thought I hit something by accident in settings, but after more incidents, it is not the case.

For what it’s worth, I use GS in AUM to control some AU instrument. But most times, cause I’m still learning the frets and practicing shapes, I’m using GS to play House Mark I

• I’ve had the same thing @Blipsford_Baubie but never been able to figure out what causes it.
    I’ll try and find some time to get it to happen again and report it if I do.

• @GeoTony said:
    I’ve had the same thing @Blipsford_Baubie but never been able to figure out what causes it.

Grazie, Antonio di Geo!

• This guy loves GeoShred

He's also occasionally uses Orba for some simple percussion.

• The duduk in the latest beta is maybe my favorite of the new patches.

• Is there no way to modulate the expression x/y, the vibrato, or toggle the Growl, and Flutter on Geoswam instruments?

I’m completely surprised you can not modulate these parameters in side Geoshred? They don’t show up in AUM, even with the midi learn feature. Am I missing something? Is there any way at all to modulate any of these parameters other then literally using my finger to move them?

• I think the reason they don’t show up in AUM @Poppadocrock is that there are too many (approaching a thousand) and they are dynamic. You can do what you want … in this video I’ve used Rozeta LFO but obviously use a CC generator of your choice. Basically by looking at the GS Control Surface you can work out which CCs are being used (and change them if you want) then using the Midi Routing Snake icon top right of AUM, point your CC generator at GeoShred. Hope it helps…

• Ohhhhhh @GeoTony that is a great idea, literally watch to see what moves. That definitely helps, thank you so much. Really helpful video too. Cheers!

• edited October 2022

@GeoTony said:
    I’ve had the same thing @Blipsford_Baubie but never been able to figure out what causes it.

Thought you’d like to know, I’ve been using GeoShred even more, daily now, so the note on/off polarity swap has been happening more frequently—until I disabled same notes in settings!
    It’s been one week now, and it hasn’t happened to me anymore. Before then, it would occur a few times daily.

I should note I like to work in polyphonic mode and using the midi out preset.

[Edit]
    Ha-ha-ha! It just happened to me again, right after I posted this!
    It’s definitely happening when I’m trying to land chords, because for the past week I’ve been doing nothing but practicing the shapes of all the Greek modes.

• I’ve had a few this last week @Blipsford_Baubie but still can’t find a pattern… I’m pretty sure when the SWAM instruments came out there were stuck notes because GS was sending multiple notes and SWAM was monophonic. GS was fixed by making a mono only Midi preset. Just mentioning it in case it’s relevant.