Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Song Of The Month Club - March 2021

2»

Comments

• edited March 2021

@crony said:
    Hello all,

Here's my entry of the month, almost fully done on IOS (except the voice and a bass)
    All platforms:
    https://www.kissmee.fr/tracks/motoo-overxtend

YouTube

Thanks for your thoughts !

I like the composition and ideas but can't listen to it for long because everything is grainy with a lo-fi distortion that wears on me. Maybe it's just not my genre, but I would give the listener a break with some quieter moments which would probably make the distorted parts stand out more.

• edited March 2021

@Kitusai said:
    From a just finished album with CAAt Claw.
    I tried to translate her lyrics.
    Patrick Guillot made the video from Isabelle Bagdassarian's photos.

KhOä the wise

his warty skin has seen swamps
    the bow of his boat traces a wake in the mists
    the lights of the villages light up
    he speaks
    he speaks and ignorance is silent

he carries
    dried powders, medicines
    remedies conceived far from the dispensaries
    but above all he speaks
    his lantern high like a signal
    It announces KhOä the wise
    he speaks
    he speaks of life
    of jolts, of everything that unfolds
    he speaks of death
    of what dries, dissociates, shrivels, of the windfall
    he speaks

he goes through the world and tells it
    in all its sap
    from the sunset to the moonrise
    he speaks

CAAt Claw : soundcloud.com/caat-claw
    Kitusai : www.kitusai.com
    Isabelle Bagdassarian : isabagda.wixsite.com/ibimagines
    Patrick Guillot : patrickg75.blogspot.com

I loved this. I have no criticism, just praise. Beautiful and mysterious.

• @richardyot said:

@Overdosed_Ape said:
    @Kitusai really cool
    Here is an old one from me, ist more a Medley of 4 Versions from one Track

It's a trippy collage of sounds, sometimes a little disjointed, but always weird and interesting. It feels like I've stepped into the future and the machines are jamming away in their own musical genre.

Yeah somebody understanding the intention

• edited March 2021

@richardyot reminds me a bit a production from the Doors (organs and mood) , liked the lyrics, one of my favorite track of you.

@DavidEnglish nice chill vibe, maybe a bit too long as the development is quite slow, cool adapted visualizer !

@Janka I like the chord progression, a bit less some part of the production (mainly drums, and the electric piano that sounds really 80's to me, but maybe that's the point...so...)

@studs1966 you've been hacked ! ;) So 90's ! It's clean, I'm not sure the voice perfectly fit here, easy to listen, I'm back in the 90's so...

@orchardman on of my fav track of you, structure is good, still not sure with the fx on the voice (on the harmonies I like it, but on the lead, I'd say I'd have a different sound, more dry or distorted)

@Hursoom really cool sound design ! Like how powerful the synth/guitar is, I'd love to hear it with a proper beat to jump around !

@Kitusai le mix est super propre avec une vraie ambiance, c'est spé, mais c'est bien fait, bravo !

@Overdosed_Ape I like the "fucked up" style (it's a compliment here !) I'd love to hear it in a more structured song. But the "funky crazy everything" is well produced !

@Sabicas love the structure, harmonies, video, really beautiful ! Congrats !

• @Sergiu said:

The great thing about this forum is you get to hear wierd stuff like this. Lots of interesting sounds but it needed more variation rhythmically and was way too long.

• @Sabicas said:
    This is made completely on IOS, with a lot of app guidance from this forum.

I shared this a while back in the "General" forum, but am working on a second project now and would love some feedback on how to improve upon this. I've noticed, since I 'released' this, that it's lower volume than a lot of youtube vids. It's not mastered as I honestly didn't even think about that as I only plan on publishing these projects via Youtube, Facebook and Instagram.

Thoughts?

Very pretty piece. I loved the uke playing. Great video as well.

• @crony said:
    Hello all,

Here's my entry of the month, almost fully done on IOS (except the voice and a bass)
    All platforms:
    https://www.kissmee.fr/tracks/motoo-overxtend

YouTube

Thanks for your thoughts !

A real dirty grimy industrial feel to this one. I loved the use of the organ sound as a counter point to all the distorted synth sounds. Great video too.

• edited March 2021

@Janka @studs1966 @Hursoom @Overdosed_Ape @Sergiu @Sabicas

just a reminder that the SOTMC relies on listening and commenting on other people's tracks. If people have taken the trouble to listen and comment on your track please return the favour.

• @crony said:
    @richardyot reminds me a bit a production from the Doors (organs and mood) , liked the lyrics, one of my favorite track of you.

@DavidEnglish nice chill vibe, maybe a bit too long as the development is quite slow, cool adapted visualizer !

@Janka I like the chord progression, a bit less some part of the production (mainly drums, and the electric piano that sounds really 80's to me, but maybe that's the point...so...)

@studs1966 you've been hacked ! ;) So 90's ! It's clean, I'm not sure the voice perfectly fit here, easy to listen, I'm back in the 90's so...

@orchardman on of my fav track of you, structure is good, still not sure with the fx on the voice (on the harmonies I like it, but on the lead, I'd say I'd have a different sound, more dry or distorted)

@Hursoom really cool sound design ! Like how powerful the synth/guitar is, I'd love to hear it with a proper beat to jump around !

@Kitusai le mix est super propre avec une vraie ambiance, c'est spé, mais c'est bien fait, bravo !

@Overdosed_Ape I like the "fucked up" style (it's a compliment here !) I'd love to hear it in a more structured song. But the "funky crazy everything" is well produced !

@crony Thank you! I might try to incorporate it in the track I’m working on for next month.

• edited March 2021

My first submission to the Audiobus community, be gentle!

Oh yeah, made entirely in Caustic.

• @Sawiton said:
    My first submission to the Audiobus community, be gentle!

Oh yeah, made entirely in Caustic.

The main riff/theme is terrific, really brooding and atmospheric. The track itself also has a nice dark and edgy vibe. I'm not sure what scale you're using but it has an exotic flavour which works really well.

The various interlocking melodies work well together which is also often hard to pull off.

My only criticism is that the track is too long, you could easily trim a couple of minutes off it without really losing anything.

But overall great stuff, lovely dark vibe and interesting musically.

• @richardyot A beautiful sad love song. The isntrumentation is just perfect

@DavidEnglish I like the groove coming up and down with this lancinant original motif all along (like Shaft :-)

@Janka A tribut to the Black Friday? :-) Very well done especially the bass line.

@studs1966 A beautiful deep voice for the dance floor!

@orchardman A very surprising electronic beginning! After it comes more in your winny usual style. Excellent guitars-vocals.
    Hey finally wales is the big winner isn't it? :-)

@Hursoom Excellent destroy sound! Good ending. It should have been shorter or with more breaks maybe?

@Overdosed_Ape Very funny Zappa-electro-track. Miss his ironical vocals :-)

@Sergiu The kick sound is very good and the global feel very original. It should have been shorter or with more breaks maybe?

@Sabicas Excellent! And a good video too. I found the sound clear and well equilibrated. It's not yelling of course but it is peaceful and perfect as it is for me. We can rise the volume if necessary. I'm not a sound engineer but it was a very pleasent moment thank you!

@crony a very exciting tune. The sounds are excellent and originals including the voices.

@Sawiton Very electronic but makes me a strong celtic feel. It could have been played with a big drums section and bagpipes! My only criticism would be on the time, I prefer shorter tracks.

All in all, what a great diversity again this month!

• @Kitusai said:
    @richardyot A beautiful sad love song. The isntrumentation is just perfect

@DavidEnglish I like the groove coming up and down with this lancinant original motif all along (like Shaft :-)

@Janka A tribut to the Black Friday? :-) Very well done especially the bass line.

@studs1966 A beautiful deep voice for the dance floor!

@orchardman A very surprising electronic beginning! After it comes more in your winny usual style. Excellent guitars-vocals.
    Hey finally wales is the big winner isn't it? :-)

@Hursoom Excellent destroy sound! Good ending. It should have been shorter or with more breaks maybe?

@Overdosed_Ape Very funny Zappa-electro-track. Miss his ironical vocals :-)

@Sergiu The kick sound is very good and the global feel very original. It should have been shorter or with more breaks maybe?

@Sabicas Excellent! And a good video too. I found the sound clear and well equilibrated. It's not yelling of course but it is peaceful and perfect as it is for me. We can rise the volume if necessary. I'm not a sound engineer but it was a very pleasent moment thank you!

@crony a very exciting tune. The sounds are excellent and originals including the voices.

@Sawiton Very electronic but makes me a strong celtic feel. It could have been played with a big drums section and bagpipes! My only criticism would be on the time, I prefer shorter tracks.

All in all, what a great diversity again this month!

Should have been much shorter, needed more variations, and it has so little it term of development. Looking forward to post a more complete track for April. Thank’s for listening!

• @richardyot
    Nice opening with a brief, but lively instrumental section. Good to hear the voice appear earlier than usual. Super clear mix with all the elements being distinct. I think this is your most polished one so far.

@Janka
    Both moody and ethereal. Conjures up images of slowly passing by dreamlike buildings and landmarks. Very interesting musical side-trips as the song progresses.

@studs1966
    An extremely well-produced music track. It has an infectious beat with a voice that effectively cuts through. It all gels together quite well.

@orchardman
    Once again, your song is strongly produced. Love the instrumental opening that smoothly transitions from whimsical to heavy metal.

@Hursoom
    Excellent electronics opening. Good blend of electronic sounds and hard rock. Ambient takes a walk on the dark side of town.

@Kitusai
    Very nice tone poem. Love the juxtaposition of the drums and ethereal sounds. The images help to ground the voice and instruments with something more concrete than words and music.

@Overdosed_Ape
    Steampunk funky. Love the sudden changeover at the 51-second mark. That really brings the song up a notch or two. Overall, a fun and satisfying tune.

@Sergiu
    Cool and mysterious. At times, it feels like the sounds you might hear at an interplanetary airport.

@Sabicas
    Very fine music and instrumentation. The multi-view elements work well to highlight the instruments as they come in and out of the song. The whole thing has a nice flow and feel to it.

@crony
    Cool beat with lots of surprises. Love the funky organ suddenly jumping it, as well as the unexpected choir-like voices. Overall, a most excellent journey.

• @Janka
    Wow, what a great sounding, cohesive piece. I’m guessing the feelings you mentioned were mostly positive ones, but I heard some tension in your song, maybe indicating some darker feelings about your shopping? I would not be surprised to hear this on the radio or something. (Not a top 40 station 🙂)

• @Sergiu
    I loved this composition! While the scene and setting only varied a little over the whole song it was just enough to keep it interesting and keep me wanting to find out how the “story” I was hearing progressed. Plus it kept my head bobbing to the beat. A little off the wall but an intriguing listen.

• @Kitusai
    What a beautiful piece. The sparseness of the musical elements, the sensuousness of the voice... The flute and “voice”towards the end of the song made for a delicious icing on a delightfully sounding sonic cake.

• @Hursoom
    I really enjoyed this song. The main riff and its variants are brutal and the background sounds are weird and grating. Bringing the riff faintly back in at the end tied it up nicely. This was another of the songs this month that seemed to tell a story. This one sounded like the story of last year: long, brutal, weird, and still lingering... Nice work.

• @crony
    This is my first month of participating in the Song of the Month Club so I’m not sure if mentioning a favorite is taboo or something, but yeah, what a fantastically in your face song. Is this a specific genre? If not, this song should be representing a future of electronic music. If it is a genre, hook an old guy up! Love the energy! Very professional sounding.

• @Kitusai said: “Very electronic but makes me a strong celtic feel. It could have been played with a big drums section and bagpipes! My only criticism would be on the time, I prefer shorter tracks.”

I appreciate your comment. This song came about after a week or so of listening to Heilung’s Krigsgaldr compulsively. While not celtic, it does have that Northern European tribal vibe to it. I’m happy that vibe came through for you! Also, the inspiring song is nine minutes long. I trimmed two and a half minutes off of the original version of my song. 😉

• @Sawiton
    Really digging the quiet opening. Develops nicely from there into something quite different and intriguing. Reminds me of how Twin Peaks would move back and forth between gentle nostalgia and dark foreboding.

• edited March 2021

I takes a while for music to sink into my head so I will always be a bit delayed in my reviews of these tracks. It's also really difficult to review/critique music that is sometimes very far outside of my usual listening genres. I'm sure we've all been challenged by that.

@richardyot - I listened several times to let it sink in and hear all the layers. I love the background instrumentation, atmosphere and and bass groove. Not much to criticize here. Is this done with physical instruments or is it sequenced midi?

@DavidEnglish - I enjoyed it. I actively listened once and played it in the background while working. It sets a nice dreamy mood.

@Janka - Improvisation catches my ear and I like what you started around the 2 minute mark. It seemed to end with less power than you developed in the rest of the solo. It just kind of fades on the last phrase. It's a good track and that's a small critique, but I like to hear a strong statement made in an improv solo and that often comes down to the final phrase.

@studs1966 - this is tough as it's not in my genre wheelhouse. For example, with this type of steady dance beat, I have to struggle to listen past it for other elements. Sounds very polished professional, though. That's obvious.

@orchardman - love the intro and that little riff that starts at 8 seconds that reminds me of 80's futuristic themes, like the Knight Rider theme. Great vocals, nice guitar riffs and catchy melody.

@Hursoom - There some good stuff going on in the background, but the distorted riff is up front and in your face. Nothing wrong with that riff, but it does go on a long time without variation. What you did in the ending might have been used a few more times to break the piece up into chapters.

@Overdosed_Ape - that intro reminds me of something that I can't put a finger on. Interesting sound. Quirky and original.

@Sergiu - I like the "train" rhythm/pulse. Reminds me of "On The Run" from Dark Side of the Moon with the random vocals.

@Sawiton - I like the sounds but at 6 minutes, it needs more variation. I love the intro, but it's never revisited.

@crony - see separate post above.
    @Kitusai - see separate post above.

• @richardyot - I listened several times to let it sink in and hear all the layers. I love the background instrumentation, atmosphere and and bass groove. Not much to criticize here. Is this done with physical instruments or is it sequenced midi?

Thanks for the listen. My music falls somewhere between physical instruments and sequenced MIDI, usually it is performed using virtual instruments like the touch instruments in GarageBand (such as the bass in this track) although I do occasionally also use real guitars and piano.

• @Sabicas great track there...solid composition

• @crony said:

Maybe it’s motivating enough for me that I can do it for next month... I’m interested too to get it to a more sculptured level 😀