Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Anyone using Gauss live with a guitar? What performance control config do you use?

Title pretty much says it all.

I've explored the app and come to terms with it's strengths and weaknesses, possibilities and limitations. Love the concept and the sound and I've had some great 'geek out with apps' solo jams running a guitar through it.

However -- I'm yet to find a workflow that's instantaneous/spontaneous enough for me for live interaction. My fav sound so far is playing a guitar as a send panned hard L/R on a slow unsynced square LFO into Gauss on overdub mode (signal delayed by 4 beats to avoid direct monitoring). Then I have the Gauss sequencer running with a bit of inertia and some random-ish shifts up or down an octave.

This sounds great and comes out as a pseudo-shimmer reverb/delay (sounds kind of like Holderness Crystalline in some ways), but it's more of an 'effect' that something that I can control with footpedals and jam with interactively.

Anyone suggest any strategies to explore live Gauss interactivity through?

Cheers!
Oscar

Comments

• I had one going similar to that setup with my guitar signal split into 4 frequency groups with this free Multiband app

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/multiband/id1522438777

So it splits the signal into 4 separate audio channels (which you can choose the freq range of each) Then, an instance of Gauss on each of these 4 tracks. Each with its own set of additional effects. Crazy results! Especially with distortion sounds on some, clean on others.

Throw a backwards delay (Yaled) on one, and a ping pong Kosmonaut on another. Good times!

• @Intrepolicious said:
    I had one going similar to that setup with my guitar signal split into 4 frequency groups with this free Multiband app

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/multiband/id1522438777

So it splits the signal into 4 separate audio channels (which you can choose the freq range of each) Then, an instance of Gauss on each of these 4 tracks. Each with its own set of additional effects. Crazy results! Especially with distortion sounds on some, clean on others.

Throw a backwards delay (Yaled) on one, and a ping pong Kosmonaut on another. Good times!

I was also using YaleD with Gauss — good stuff!

I’ll try out multiband

• I like using a square LFO to flip it slowly backwards and forwards as I play into it...

• @Krupa said:
    I like using a square LFO to flip it slowly backwards and forwards as I play into it...

Oh that’s a good idea, and using LFOs to modulate the sequencer!