Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

1010 bluebox anyone?

Hello.
Anyone here has the 1010music bluebox - the mixer thingy?
Maybe anyone planning on getting one - i am actually.

I am interested in iPad/iOS relevant setup issues or general reports.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Still totally old school here ๐Ÿ˜‹

• edited March 2021

Well @rs2000 - i am not even totally old school atm :smile: There is just none/zero/niente/nada here :smiley:
    I need/want some Mixer. And the bluebox had the recording capabilities implemented...

My friend...any recommendations for any good/decent/affordable one?

I would say 4 to 6 stereo inputs to be a bit prepared for at least some time...

Haste vielleicht noch einen ungenutzten im Keller stehn?

• @rs2000 said:
    Still totally old school here ๐Ÿ˜‹

OH
    MY
    GOD

How I used to lust after one of these wayyy back in the Cambrian era, when I still had hair.

• @Philandering_Bastard said:
    ..., when I still had hair.

I am dying. lol

• Not the most professional, but I use a tc helicon blender for little jam sessions. 6 input en 4 headphones out. I use a boss micro br to record.

• Why not use AUM with an audio interface?

• You get low priced mixers from Behringer but I also think the BlueBox is totally cool. I also did not find any iPad related review but I loved these reviews

• @auxmux said:
    Why not use AUM with an audio interface?

That is what I have actually but my Focusrite is out of inputs. And before I buy another interface I watched the bluebox because of its recording capabilities. In the later days my AUM sessions get a little bigger and I run into crackling issues when recording separate lanes and record the screen on my not so fresh iPad Pro 1st gen. To offload some tasks I loved the idea to record the lanes externally with the bonus of the Mixing and basic external effects. Also I am eyeing on some external pedals like the microcosm to include into my chain.

• edited March 2021

@krassmann said:
    You get low priced mixers from Behringer but I also think the BlueBox is totally cool. I also did not find any iPad related review but I loved these reviews

Thanks @krassmann - i already watched the whole Tube including these reviews.
    Somehow i am really comfortable with the footprint of the bluebox (itโ€˜s size) and donโ€™t want a huge analog mixer if i buy a new one. Allen & heath is out of the planned budget and the Behringer x18 (for example) relies on an implemented iPad - which i want to relax a bit more to run out of crackling and save some processing power for effects and stuff.

Anyway thanks for pointing them out :)

Stimming and Loopop are always good for base-informations. That is for sure!

• edited March 2021

@MrBlaschke said:

@auxmux said:

That is what I have actually but my Focusrite is out of inputs. And before I buy another interface I watched the bluebox because of its recording capabilities. In the later days my AUM sessions get a little bigger and I run into crackling issues when recording separate lanes and record the screen on my not so fresh iPad Pro 1st gen. To offload some tasks I loved the idea to record the lanes externally with the bonus of the Mixing and basic external effects. Also I am eyeing on some external pedals like the microcosm to include into my chain.

Yeah, I hear that. I'm on similar setup, same iPad. I sometimes use a second iPad with another audio interface for mixing to offset this, like keeping drums on a separate iPad. Compared to the wealth of fx and audio processors, Blue Box is too limited for the price, but the stereo inputs ratio for external gear is great.

• Itโ€™s not an interface. Just a mixer and digital recorder. That said, I love it for what it is

• edited March 2021

@MrBlaschke I would think twice about an external recording device because the recorded files won't be on the iPad, you would always have a 2-step process ๐Ÿค”

Have you thought about mounting a Pi Zero into an 8-channel audio interface and use Sonobus to stream the audio channels from interface to Sonobus AUv3?p over WiFi? Completely wireless?

• @Philandering_Bastard said:

@rs2000 said:
    Still totally old school here ๐Ÿ˜‹

OH
    MY
    GOD

How I used to lust after one of these wayyy back in the Cambrian era, when I still had hair.

It was my dream when it came out. More expensive than an average polysynth.
    But a MIDI controllable monster with great built-in FX.
    Only about 15 years later, I found one second hand for the price of a better guitar effect pedal ๐Ÿ˜

From the MIDI spec:

• edited March 2021

@MrBlaschke said:

@auxmux said:

You know that you canโ€™t do screen capture on that thing right? ;)

Seriously though, I also believe that an iPad with a multi in/out interface is the way to go. Also I think you should try using one before buying, those things are tiny. I could see the guy in the video zeroing in on those tiny squares on that tiny screen with his pointy fingers...it would drive me mad!

• @MrBlaschke said:

That is what I have actually but my Focusrite is out of inputs.

Which scarlett do you have? I believe a couple of them have adat inputs.
    I also agree with the others. I'd look at a different interface before the bluebox.

• edited March 2021

One advantage of the bluebox is the 6 stereo inputs in a very small box - although without USB audio support, I wonder what's the point.
    No doubt, there's a true lack of small, quality audio interfaces with many inputs.

• edited March 2021

@supadom
    Yeah - i would get one with return guarantees for sure - i can not actually walk into my preferred music store in Munich for obvious reasons...sadly.

@SoNoob
    Thanks for that idea! I have a 6i6 - so if i am not misinformed i have the optical connection in the back of it.
    I have to get more information on that.
    So, nope. It is not ADAT compatible. The 18i20 is the first in the row of lineups that has this. Thanks anyway! It was a good tip none the less.

@rs2000
    Exactly.

You peeps are not making this easier :smile: Thanks for this!

• edited March 2021

So far it seems like the Tascam US-16x08 is the only affordable iOS compatible interface with 16 audio inputs...

It surely depends on your workflow. If all you want is record your jams then the bluebox can do it, yet any analog mixer with USB and a connected iPhone with an audio recorder can do that as well (and you can finalize the track on the same iPhone while sitting in the train :))

• edited March 2021

@rs2000 said:
    So far it seems like the Tascam US-16x08 is the only affordable iOS compatible interface with 16 audio inputs...

It surely depends on your workflow. If all you want is record your jams then the bluebox can do it, yet any analog mixer with USB and a connected iPhone with an audio recorder can do that as well (and you can finalize the track on the same iPhone while sitting in the train :))

Behringer X18 is quite affordable and seems well built albeit quite big. It doubles a as a live mixer too.

I just bought Behri umc 1820 but Tascam looks interesting and yes, affordable for 16 channels.
    The only thing. I remember buying the smaller version of tascam and built quality felt a bit iffy. The unit I bought had interference on preamps. That tainted my perception a bit but that was from eBay so maybe just one off but I remember holding it in my hands and feeling a bit disappointed with Tascam whom I always held in high esteem. Behri on the other hand feels positively and surprisingly quality :)

• @supadom The x18 where you put your iPad in?
    How is it with their internal effects? Do they get processed on iPad CPU consumption or do they get offloaded to the actual Behringer Hardware dock thing?
    Thanks for your feedback!