Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Elastic Drums Updated 2.4 and 2.4.1

Comments

• I want to see the word audio unit in this update!

• I dunno man. It still sounds pretty sick. Open it up and groove 👊🏼™️💕

• @reasOne said:
    I want to see the word audio unit in this update!

Same here. That would make this app so much more usable.

• Is there something specifically about drum machines that make it difficult for them to be audio unit? Patterning, Lumbeat, Drumjam, Elastic, Drum Session, Seekbeats…

I realize that a lot of these were developed before audio units came on the scene. But I just wonder why they seem to lag behind other apps in becoming audio units?

• @johnfromberkeley said:
    Is there something specifically about drum machines that make it difficult for them to be audio unit? Patterning, Lumbeat, Drumjam, Elastic, Drum Session, Seekbeats…

I realize that a lot of these were developed before audio units came on the scene. But I just wonder why they seem to lag behind other apps in becoming audio units?

Definitely something I’ve been curious about, most of the best ones haven’t transitioned yet, i wonder if it drum related or just the age of that the developer isn’t wanting to au em

• edited March 2021

@johnfromberkeley said:
    Is there something specifically about drum machines that make it difficult for them to be audio unit? Patterning, Lumbeat, Drumjam, Elastic, Drum Session, Seekbeats…

I guess we have to differentiate between sample based and „modeled“ ones. With the sample-based type we might hit an auV3 memory limit. For the modeled ones i guess it just has to be done....and as most users are not willing to pay (again) for the same app as an auV3 the task might be too complex/time consuming to do it „for free“. On the other hand i see something like Patterning where the UI might be to big for an auV3 window and also needs to be re-defined - which might change the complete user-experience.

• I asked the dev about this a while back (I was beta testing elastic fx) and from memory, I think they said it would need a re-write to make it work with auv3. it's such a crazy brilliant app anyway, and the export (stems / live set) is solid.

• From my personal experience as developer, I would say it's simply too much work. Often those kind of changes require you to rewrite large parts of the code and depending on the team size that might just noch work out.

But of course there is always the way that Koala Sampler did it, by providing new features with a IAP.

• I’d gladly pay an iap for Auv3 of this fantastic, long loved app of goodness and fun.

• @reasOne said:

That’s two words

• edited March 2021

@swarmboy said:
    I asked the dev about this a while back (I was beta testing elastic fx) and from memory, I think they said it would need a re-write to make it work with auv3. it's such a crazy brilliant app anyway, and the export (stems / live set) is solid.

+1 it is it’s own thing, really a world unto itself. I love making music on the mobile devices in part because of apps like this: it’s brilliant and complete for what is trying to do. (Like a hardware box I guess) The DAW/plugin model, or other modes that flip among a range of GUIs can sometimes feel like too many moving parts.

• Exactly. It's like having a weird little boutique drum machine but it's inside your iPad. And it's very easy to sync. And it has multi-out. The only thing lacking in an AUM session, really, is state saving.

• edited March 2021

@Littlewoodg said:
    ... The DAW/plugin model, or other modes that flip among a range of GUIs can >sometimes feel like too many moving parts.

Sometimes ???
    I don‘t recall one single demo of an(y) AU where window movement didn‘t cause nausea... o:)
    The most sucking type of user interface... the greatest disappointment in IOS developement.
    Early IOS was such a relief with it‘s (often) smart UI designs on single surfaces or tabs.

• what does the "random" button do?
    i couldnt find anything in the description.

• edited March 2021

@rototom said:
    what does the "random" button do?
    i couldnt find anything in the description.

The tool icon or the iPhone version, or the “Options” button on the iPad takes you to randomizing options, each choice does what it says, different combinations of randomizing instruments and sequences...

• Feel free to tell me Im wrong. I sent a brand new ipad to apple because the screen were freezing. Got a new ipad. Now its on here. I even thought it were elastic before because there were loads of instances in the directory and just made it no1 suspect. What are the odds my screen might not be useable again after working in elastic drums? I had the midi cable issue though ( which I posted ) Is it possible an app can do this?

• Unresponsive screen. No warrenty.

• @sigma79 said:
    Feel free to tell me Im wrong. I sent a brand new ipad to apple because the screen were freezing. Got a new ipad. Now its on here. I even thought it were elastic before because there were loads of instances in the directory and just made it no1 suspect. What are the odds my screen might not be useable again after working in elastic drums? I had the midi cable issue though ( which I posted ) Is it possible an app can do this?

My iPad is almost 5 years old and I never had any issues with ED. Make of that what you will.

• @Philandering_Bastard said:

@sigma79 said:
    Feel free to tell me Im wrong. I sent a brand new ipad to apple because the screen were freezing. Got a new ipad. Now its on here. I even thought it were elastic before because there were loads of instances in the directory and just made it no1 suspect. What are the odds my screen might not be useable again after working in elastic drums? I had the midi cable issue though ( which I posted ) Is it possible an app can do this?

My iPad is almost 5 years old and I never had any issues with ED. Make of that what you will.

Fair enough. Im using the app now. Maybe record a noodle. I did sent an air 3 back to apple and it were either an issue they couldnt fix or they just send a new one even if it can. For some reason I thought it were elastic drums and at time could see multiple instances in directory which I read could be cause. Now its happening on the air 3 replacement but I did have a problem with a midi cable ( which I fixed ) Do hope it dosent act like previous ipad now because Iv spent about 2.5k on a system based around a screen working.

• So people will read this when they buy elastic drums. Can anyone confirm it isnt possible for an app to do as described. Will have to update comments though to see if becomes a problem like before.

• @sigma79 said:
    So people will read this when they buy elastic drums. Can anyone confirm it isnt possible for an app to do as described. Will have to update comments though to see if becomes a problem like before.

It isn't impossible, but it is extremely unlikely. I believe you must have something else causing this.

• @sigma79 said:

@Philandering_Bastard said:

@sigma79 said:

Fair enough. Im using the app now. Maybe record a noodle. I did sent an air 3 back to apple and it were either an issue they couldnt fix or they just send a new one even if it can. For some reason I thought it were elastic drums and at time could see multiple instances in directory which I read could be cause. Now its happening on the air 3 replacement but I did have a problem with a midi cable ( which I fixed ) Do hope it dosent act like previous ipad now because Iv spent about 2.5k on a system based around a screen working.

Best of luck. Perhaps you want to contact Oliver Greschke, the developer?

ed 🤘🏿 mominstruments 🏝 com

• On lots of the videos, Ed looks like a glitch type thing....can it get near SeekBeats, punchy, hard 909 stuff?

• @Zerozerozero said:
    On lots of the videos, Ed looks like a glitch type thing....can it get near SeekBeats, punchy, hard 909 stuff?

Yes.

• I do like an economical reply 👍🏻

• @MrBlaschke said:

@johnfromberkeley said:

I guess we have to differentiate between sample based and „modeled“ ones. With the sample-based type we might hit an auV3 memory limit. For the modeled ones i guess it just has to be done....and as most users are not willing to pay (again) for the same app as an auV3 the task might be too complex/time consuming to do it „for free“. On the other hand i see something like Patterning where the UI might be to big for an auV3 window and also needs to be re-defined - which might change the complete user-experience.

Sampled + Modeled drums + AUv3 support + on board sampling + a standalone version that syncs with hardware MIDI gear + MIDI control = Drambo.

• edited March 2021

Its ok now. Feel bad commenting. Thanks for replies.

• Works kind of good with a faderfox to turnado effects but playing live without many other synths loaded. Difficult. Will need practice but sometimes its better ( maybe always ) to just step away.

• 6 elastic drums to 6 effects each. A volca drum sound. A volca modular semi-patch. Skiiid looped. A drambo sequencing a synth but also with the ecludean. Some gauss/radio unit. Didnt really map much else. Would have mapped some loops also to a nanokontrol and had more synths ready to drambo but will check out loopbud.

• @u0421793 said:

@reasOne said:

That’s two words

I can’t argue with the facts