Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Overloud’s sushi rig (bogner the fish preamp),ala Steve vai.

More info in the you tube description.
This app can sound really good.

Comments

• Wow... I couldn’t tell the difference.
    Out of curiosity - do you mix your own tracks usually? How do you find it, is it easy enough to treat these tracks inside the mix, to maintain presence?
    Thanks! 👍

• edited March 2021

As far as I know, overloud's rigs should be used olny with the cabinet with which they were made. Switching off cabinet inside the rig and putting another IR on top of it doesn't sound good at all (muddy lows and closed highend - not quite but almost like 2 cabs in series). THU's profiles are not direct, meaning that switching the cab off results in artificial odd sound which doesn't represent how the real amp sounds direct. So you could get much better result by using rig libraries files as is.

If you want to change the cabinet, you sould take another cab within rig player or another rig player.

• @Kranick,here is the funny thing: yesterday,I’ve decided to give a new listening to the rigs without ir cabs.
    None of them sounded good to my ears.
    Too harsh,too brittle,too fizzy....Nothing like an amp.
    Surely a matter of taste.
    One thing for sure,I will go on with my set-up.
    Anyway,thanks for the advice.

• @0tolerance4silence ,
    I don’t mix anything😂.I’m really trying to keep things as simple as I can because.....I like that😉.

• @Kranick said:
    As far as I know, overloud's rigs should be used olny with the cabinet with which they were made. Switching off cabinet inside the rig and putting another IR on top of it doesn't sound good at all (muddy lows and closed highend - mot quite but almost like 2 cabs in series). THU's profiles are not direct, meaning that switching the cab off results in artificial odd sound which doesnt represent how the real amp sounds direct. So you could get much better result by using rig libraries files as is.

If you want to change the cabinet, you sould take another cab within rig player or another rig player.

Quite a few of us prefer turning off the rigs’ cabs and using our own preferred IRs in THAFKNAR or impulsation or iConvolver or . I don’t believe the rig players cabinet emulation does anything magical that is undone using the right external IR. Perhaps, the rigs’ included IRs match your preferences more than the external ones that you have.

• @Intrepolicious said:
    Great playing @flo26

Thanks a lot!

• @flo26 : sounds great!

• @espiegel123 said:
    @flo26 : sounds great!

Thanks a lot!

• edited March 2021

@Kranick said:
    As far as I know, overloud's rigs should be used olny with the cabinet with which they were made. Switching off cabinet inside the rig and putting another IR on top of it doesn't sound good at all (muddy lows and closed highend - mot quite but almost like 2 cabs in series). THU's profiles are not direct, meaning that switching the cab off results in artificial odd sound which doesnt represent how the real amp sounds direct. So you could get much better result by using rig libraries files as is.

What are you even basing this on? Overloud’s own manual contradicts you. They even recommend “disabling” the cabinet, so how can you use a different one within the rig player if the cabinet section is disabled? Perhaps it’s a poor translation, and they mean changing? You can now load your own impulse responses into the cabinet sims, are you implying that you can’t disable the rig cab and use a loaded cabinet IR instead? Explain this to me logically. Each rig profile comes with a “matched” cabinet, then you can switch to the other cabinets inside the rig player. So are you saying that they took every single rig profile (of which there can be hundreds sometimes) and captured it with every single cabinet available? That is so illogical. More likely it is just the amp section being processed through each different IR. So, there is no one cabinet that works for the rig, you can disable it and use outside IRs if you want. You claim that the amp section is not the bypassed direct signal, but I can think of at least 10 rigs off the top of my head that have entire “amp only” or “direct amp” sub folders. Furthermore, when I turn off the cab on a rig like Bassman, it sounds exactly the same and as “direct” as a bypassed Nembrini amp on its own. I agree that it’s confusing, because Overloud is not spelling it out for us. It’s very possible that the rigs are inconsistent, and some don’t seem direct, perhaps the power amp section is still active.

If you’re basing this on what you hear, then you should know that on iOS the IRs inside the rig player are optimized and not full spectrum, they are missing some of the sub 80Hz frequencies. So if you bypass the cab and add an IR with Thafknar, it will sound richer and even bassier, and much more accurate. To say that it sounds bad because the rig is not a real direct amp is simply inaccurate. What are you actually basing this on?

EDIT: the th-u IR loader is full spectrum, but the cabinets that load it have LPF on as a default, and it’s a bug that will be fixed in the next update. Turning off LPF makes the IRs sound idnentical as when they’re loaded in other convolution apps.

• edited March 2021

@Kranick I agree that it’s unclear and inconsistent, which is why I will write to the devs to clarify this. For example, the amp sims sound fantastic with outside IRs, but the rigs have variable results and functions. So you take the Vox heritage rig which has several “amp only” profiles, but in that profile the cab section is still on, and turning it off does change the sound slightly. Maybe it’s a pre-amp power amp situation, but it’s not consistent. The Mezzabarba rig has “direct” profiles with the cab still “on” but turning it off doesn’t change anything, it remains the same direct rig. That being said, where does it say that the rigs are not direct and that every single rig profile was captured with every single cabinet. That’s like years of work just for one rig.

• @flo26 This sounds great! Not just the guitar,
    I like how clear the drums seem in the mix. I don’t own this rig and you just made me buy it.

• edited March 2021

@JoyceRoadStudios said:
    @flo26 This sounds great! Not just the guitar,
    I like how clear the drums seem in the mix. I don’t own this rig and you just made me buy it.

Sorry for that😉😂😂.
    Thanks a lot!

• In case there’s still any doubt about th-u direct rigs... the devs forwarded me this clip and their words are pretty clear.

They did mention that there a few inconsistencies in some of the direct rigs (for example some amp only profiles still have a cab in the on position) and they will fix it in an update.