Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

I’ve just been playing on a massive modular in wireless VR and it was awesome.

What a time to be alive.

I bought synthspace on Steam and using my Oculus Quest wirelessly to control and hear the modular. After about 30 mins I actually forgot I was in VR.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1355640/SYNTHSPACE/

Comments

• Nice! I haven't looked into using VR to do music things at all. The potential is really interesting.

One time right after we got the VR setup, I got lost in playing different things and when I took off the headset the sun had set and all the lights were off in the house. I felt more disconnected in the real world than in VR. It can be incredibly immersive.

• Interesting to hear that you enjoyed it, it’s on my steam watchlist but I’ma bit reluctant as it feels like it might not be that great, but good to hear otherwise...

• That looks really cool! Now the question becomes do I buy it or just wait for Korg to release the Gadget version? Hmmmm.....

• @Dham said:
    That looks really cool! Now the question becomes do I buy it or just wait for Korg to release the Gadget version? Hmmmm.....

I'm a heavy Gadget user but that early demo vid looked awful lol. I also can't see how good a VR version of gadget could be. I'm hoping to be surprised, though.

• edited March 2021

I hope we get some VR music apps designed for use while laying down.

• This might be the one chance i take to try modular, thx!

• Does this work on the Oculus Quest 2?