Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How can I test my microphone online?

I want to test my external mic online. Please suggest to me the advanced tool use to carry a mic test. The tool must show the data regarding the microphone.

Comments

• edited March 2021

You don‘t need such a big one as in the video, but microphone manufacturers use the same environment for measuring and testing.
    To make it work, a high quality sound emitter is required to generate the signal for the mic to capture... and of course an equally linear amplifier and measuring system...
    You may hire such facilities and send your mic in for a check... but getting another dozen mics will likely be cheaper ;)

• Thanks @Telefunky for your answer. I own a ribbon microphone and need to test it using online tool. I know some tools and carry a mic test but those tool are simple. They are just to test is mic is picking sounds or not. But I am searching for a tool that will show me complete insights of my microphone. Do such tool exist? Otherwise I will hire such facilities to check a mic.

• The problem while testing a mic is that the signal response of the mic is largely influenced by it‘s surroundings. That‘s why they use unechoic chambers as shown in the video above.

Imho you don‘t need exact figures to identify if the mic works properly.
    Just record certain sources from various distances and angles will tell enough.
    If it‘s a classic ribbon with a fig-8 response pattern you may check if front and back react the same. The 8 frequently isn‘t perfectly symmetrical, one side is more pronounced.
    Such ribbons often have a significant low frequency increase if adressed from close distance.
    Do NOT measure it‘s resistance (impedance) with a simple multimeter.
    There‘s a small voltage applied and the transformer inside the mic may convert this to a significant amount of current floating back into the ribbon.

The only use of an expensive measurement service is to check a high price vintage mic for proper operation, but on the other hand these mics are simple and few can go wrong.
    Opposed to a condensator capsule the ribbon element is a DIY item which just needs carefully handling. Pure aluminium easily breaks, but that‘s about it.
    If the mic is true vintage the magnet will have lost some force by natural decay and deliver a lower output.