Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Swam Brass vid and giveaway

Enter via youtube comments.

Comments

• Most inspiring

• That’s my bag!

• Really impressive sounding app now doubt. In fact, all of SWAM are great.

Though I also think that... The pricing system is definitely a point of discussion.. personally, I think more ppl would buy if they were cheaper.

-are there enough ppl out there on mobile, looking for the highest quality, most impressive brass sounds that makes it worthwhile to the developer to charge so highly? Is... The work and time (r&d) taken, to achieve this high level of quality, a fair enough reason to ask the higher price? I'm not sure...

I may still just need convincing but £80 is what they're asking for the complete brass package.

Just as an extreme example.. can you really expect a guy working on a 9.7" iPad from say.. 5 years ago to pay this?

I'm not trying to be negative.. yes , partly this is selfishly motivated (I would indeed like that quality of sound available to me as a tool), but, I just wonder if it wouldn't wish benefit the developer to bring the price down a bit.

• @SkillipEvolver said:
    Really impressive sounding app now doubt. In fact, all of SWAM are great.

Though I also think that... The pricing system is definitely a point of discussion.. personally, I think more ppl would buy if they were cheaper.

-are there enough ppl out there on mobile, looking for the highest quality, most impressive brass sounds that makes it worthwhile to the developer to charge so highly? Is... The work and time (r&d) taken, to achieve this high level of quality, a fair enough reason to ask the higher price? I'm not sure...

I may still just need convincing but £80 is what they're asking for the complete brass package.

Just as an extreme example.. can you really expect a guy working on a 9.7" iPad from say.. 5 years ago to pay this?

I'm not trying to be negative.. yes , partly this is selfishly motivated (I would indeed like that quality of sound available to me as a tool), but, I just wonder if it wouldn't wish benefit the developer to bring the price down a bit.

You only need two or three of them though. They are not that different from one to the next to justify needing all of them.

• @SkillipEvolver no, the intro price is over, and 80 quid was the price for one bundle, not the whole collection. Currently, one bundle is 125 quid. Buying all three bundles, which is the whole brass collection, would set you back £375. On desktop buying the complete brass bundle would cost 600 dollars, not sure of the sterling price. On desktop you can't buy individual instruments, you can only buy the 3 smaller bundles or one big bundle.

Even at half that price I think very very few iOS users would buy the whole collection. But if they were half the price, Audio Modeling might fear it would affect their desktop sales too much (even though I personally don't think it would).

I would imagine Audio Modeling did their research on how to price these and were fully aware that most iOS buyers would choose to buy just one or two individual instruments max. Hopefully they have sold enough to make it worth their while to continue releasing swam for iOS. Will be interesting to see if there are any changes to the pricing/bundles strategy when the strings drop.

Another issue I think is that people are aware that these may sound great but that it takes very good skill and keyboard technique to play them realistically (depending of course on the style of music you are doing - for ambient etc they can be played expressively and beautifully without the same level of skill you'd need to do jazz improv, for example). This may make them wary of spending this money.

• I have been playing around with my Trumpet a lot since I won it from you, and I have to say even though I have zero skill playing it, it still sounds extremely cool. There is so much you can do with it and it fit's into a lot of genres. And as you said, if you aren't trying to be Miles Davis you can still get an awesome sound out of it by just modulating a few parameters.

I probably would have overlooked those apps because of the price, but now that I could play around with one I would totally say that getting one or two of those is worth the money.

• @FloRi89 said:
    I have been playing around with my Trumpet a lot

I blame COVID

• @gusgranite said:

@FloRi89 said:

I blame COVID

Me too, what else is there to do :D

• @gusgranite said:

@FloRi89 said:

I blame COVID

Lol

@FloRi89 said:
    I have been playing around with my Trumpet a lot since I won it from you, and I have to say even though I have zero skill playing it, it still sounds extremely cool. There is so much you can do with it and it fit's into a lot of genres. And as you said, if you aren't trying to be Miles Davis you can still get an awesome sound out of it by just modulating a few parameters.

I probably would have overlooked those apps because of the price, but now that I could play around with one I would totally say that getting one or two of those is worth the money.

Yes, I was disappointed to see the relative lack of interest in these because I think most people would love them if they tried them. It is important though to have a way to control expression. That said, a simple xy pad type app like Rozeta XY or any number of other midi controllers can be enough to do that.

• @Gavinski said:

@gusgranite said:

@FloRi89 said:

I blame COVID

Lol

@FloRi89 said:
    I have been playing around with my Trumpet a lot since I won it from you, and I have to say even though I have zero skill playing it, it still sounds extremely cool. There is so much you can do with it and it fit's into a lot of genres. And as you said, if you aren't trying to be Miles Davis you can still get an awesome sound out of it by just modulating a few parameters.

Yes, I was disappointed to see the relative lack of interest in these because I think most people would love them if they tried them. It is important though to have a way to control expression. That said, a simple xy pad type app like Rozeta XY or any number of other midi controllers can be enough to do that.

Good idea with the x/y pad, going to try that. But I had pretty good results in putting LFOs onto the expression, for example if you use a slow rising saw wave you can have an effect that the expression goes up the longer the note goes. Or the other way around, I mean it's probably not "real" but it creates an interesting effect on the sound.

The only thing I haven't figured out yet is how to use the aftertouch on my Launchpad Pro for the expression. I think that should work quite well.

• That would work very well for sure, I don’t have a launchpad but I’m sure someone here could advise you.

And yes, lfos etc on expression - great - anything is possible if you are into using these in experimental ways.

• edited March 2021

I love using my K-Board for Trumpet. I turn on the pitch bend on the keys and just play. Very jazzy because the K-Board is slightly unpredictable in this mode it sounds even more realistic to me 😂

• Great demo, thanks.

• I think they work very well with Geoshred as a controller. I like the brass models better than any of the GeoSwam models.

• I've been having a blast with the trumpet over the last week or so. Learning how to turn my iPhone into a great x/y/z bluetooth controller really kicked it into high gear. I'm still working on phrasing and technique, but I now can turn in a convincing solo trumpet part as part of a live gig. I'll probably end up getting the tenor trombone as well.

The dang thing is a real instrument, in that the more time you put into it, the better (and more interesting) you can sound. So short money, really.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    I think they work very well with Geoshred as a controller. I like the brass models better than any of the GeoSwam models.

Me too

• Sweet! I won a French Horn! This is a really nice prize, thank you for doing these videos and allowing us these chances to win these amazing new instruments!

• And I won the Euphonium!! So cool. Thank you @RedSkyLullaby

I have been making some colliery band acid techno sequencing it with Rozeta Bassline...

• Thanks, really enjoying the brass apps for sure, nice for ambient stuff too