Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Will Koala ever get a dedicated sample folder like BM3 and IMPC Pro 2?

Almost the perfect app, but I hate having to go outside the app into files folder and audioshare to pick samples. Drag and drop within the app would put it in another class of its own. My thoughts are if retronyms can do @Elf Audio can. Again, even if its IAP I would purchase it. Not a complaint, just a much needed wish.

Comments

• I've actually disabled AudioShare in Koala settings and import directly from Files.app as this allows me to easily select a bunch of files to import in one go. When I import files I just temporarily change the 'input' fro Mic to Import, tap a pad and select a file/files.

If Koala had a 'built in browser' it would be limited to the Koala folder in Files.app.
    Sure it would allow us to copy a folders into the Koala folder for preview & import similar to Flip.app.

Personally I like the flexibility of Files.app support since I can pick files from almost anywhere on the device.

For example I can easily import files I store in BM3, Cubasis or Gadget into Koala and also export from Koala straight into a folder in BM3.

What would be cool is 'preview' in the Files.app dialogue similar to the speaker icon Auditor.app.
    Ie. when the Files.app dialogue is open and the 'speaker' is enabled tap on the audio file would preview it and double-tap would import it.

I know @elf_audio will figure out something smart that will blow our minds sooner or later :D

• @Samu said:
    I've actually disabled AudioShare in Koala settings and import directly from Files.app as this allows me to easily select a bunch of files to import in one go. When I import files I just temporarily change the 'input' fro Mic to Import, tap a pad and select a file/files.

If Koala had a 'built in browser' it would be limited to the Koala folder in Files.app.
    Sure it would allow us to copy a folders into the Koala folder for preview & import similar to Flip.app.

Personally I like the flexibility of Files.app support since I can pick files from almost anywhere on the device.

For example I can easily import files I store in BM3, Cubasis or Gadget into Koala and also export from Koala straight into a folder in BM3.

What would be cool is 'preview' in the Files.app dialogue similar to the speaker icon Auditor.app.
    Ie. when the Files.app dialogue is open and the 'speaker' is enabled tap on the audio file would preview it and double-tap would import it.

I know @elf_audio will figure out something smart that will blow our minds sooner or later :D

That would be great actually. I didn't know you could import multiple files in the files.app care to share the process?

• @Imhodef said:

@Samu said:
    I've actually disabled AudioShare in Koala settings and import directly from Files.app as this allows me to easily select a bunch of files to import in one go. When I import files I just temporarily change the 'input' fro Mic to Import, tap a pad and select a file/files.

That would be great actually. I didn't know you could import multiple files in the files.app care to share the process?

In the file browser, tap Select which is found in the upper-right corner next to the word Cancel. Then tap on the files you want to select. Btw, with the Files.app browser, you can access the files in Audioshare, too.

• edited March 2021

@Imhodef said:

It's very easy :)

• @Samu said:

@Imhodef said:

It's very easy :)

Nice. You're the 🐐

• @Imhodef said:
    Almost the perfect app, but I hate having to go outside the app into files folder and audioshare to pick samples. Drag and drop within the app would put it in another class of its own. My thoughts are if retronyms can do @Elf Audio can. Again, even if its IAP I would purchase it. Not a complaint, just a much needed wish.

Interesting, this is kind of the opposite of what people usually want. They get bothered by each app having its own file "sandbox". It's a common complaint. Hopefully the previous @samu and @espiegel123 posts have addressed the issue for you. 👍🏼

• @wim I definitely am frustrated with so many apps having their own sample sandbox. Not having samples available in a uniform place kills my creative flow (“trickle” let’s be honest). I’m thinking of making a list/cheat-sheet for myself of each sample app I have and how to get samples into it. Maybe it could be a doc folks here could add to.... hmmm 🤔. Unless such a list already exists?

• @stown said:
    @wim I definitely am frustrated with so many apps having their own sample sandbox. Not having samples available in a uniform place kills my creative flow (“trickle” let’s be honest). I’m thinking of making a list/cheat-sheet for myself of each sample app I have and how to get samples into it. Maybe it could be a doc folks here could add to.... hmmm 🤔. Unless such a list already exists?

A perfect place to do that is https://wiki.audiob.us/ B)

• @wim Oh fantastic! Thank you for pointing that out! I move at a glacial pace but maybe I could put something up in the next month