Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How to Import SoundBanks into AudioKit Synth One

I just downloaded some really awesome free soundbanks (thank you all for your hard work)! Anyway, in my excitement of downloading them, I now cannot figure out how to import them into AudioKit Synth One. I have uploaded the zip files to my OneDrive but they don't show up when I choose the ImportBank option.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

Best to you all,
Ladders to Fire

Comments

• Did you try moving it to a different location? iCloud / On My IPad?

Import worked fine on the occasions I tried it.

• edited March 2021

It’s been a very long time since I imported anything into Synth One. But I seem to remember having to save the presets file to my dropbox first and then selecting the Import function on Synth One itself by opening the presets menu browser. If you’ve granted permissions to access your dropbox, you should be able to reach the file from there via the browser.
    With Synth One I seem to remember you couldn’t do it the more common way of “open in app” from Dropbox.
    Hope that helps!

• Thanks guys! For some reason, the banks I downloaded won't import and they have a different file extension than the others in Synth One already. I am hoping to find some new soundbanks for StudioOne for making Ambient music. Any pointers?

• Side> where do you download banks for Audiokit One?

• @Philandering_Bastard said:
    Did you try moving it to a different location? iCloud / On My IPad?

Import worked fine on the occasions I tried it.

I actually did try this but the file on OneDrive is Read Only. I tried changing the permissions on the folder but it keeps reverting back to Read Only.

• @ladderstofire said:
    Thanks guys! For some reason, the banks I downloaded won't import and they have a different file extension than the others in Synth One already. I am hoping to find some new soundbanks for StudioOne for making Ambient music. Any pointers?

Just to clarify, Audiokit Synth One uses json (text) format for its presets. What extension are you seeing in the files you downloaded? Are you sure they're not maybe for SynthMaster One?

And, could you post the link where you got these files?

I actually did try this but the file on OneDrive is Read Only. I tried changing the permissions on the folder but it keeps reverting back to Read Only.

If the file is read-only, you should be able to copy (not move) it to another location.

• @uncledave said:

@ladderstofire said:
    Thanks guys! For some reason, the banks I downloaded won't import and they have a different file extension than the others in Synth One already. I am hoping to find some new soundbanks for StudioOne for making Ambient music. Any pointers?

Just to clarify, Audiokit Synth One uses json (text) format for its presets. What extension are you seeing in the files you downloaded? Are you sure they're not maybe for SynthMaster One?

If the file is read-only, you should be able to copy (not move) it to another location.

The ones I downloaded were on a page for Synth One but they are .h2p files.

• @ladderstofire said:

@uncledave said:

@ladderstofire said:

The ones I downloaded were on a page for Synth One but they are .h2p files.

Seems like they are presets for a desktop VST synth called Zebra2. Are they readable text? Maybe you're meant to edit them into Synth One's json format.

Still wondering about that website...

• @uncledave said:

I wish I had bookmarked it. I Googled SynthOne Sound Banks and it had come up but now I can't find it.

With that being said, are there any cool Ambient sound banks available for SynthOne?

• @ladderstofire said:

@uncledave said:

I wish I had bookmarked it. I Googled SynthOne Sound Banks and it had come up but now I can't find it.

With that being said, are there any cool Ambient sound banks available for SynthOne?

This one?
    https://patchstorage.com/platform/audiokit-synth-one/

• @seonnthaproducer said:

@ladderstofire said:

@uncledave said:

This one?
    https://patchstorage.com/platform/audiokit-synth-one/

That wasn't the one. Of course when I need to find it I can't. Thaks for all the help though. This is a great community.