Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Garage Band step sequencer alternative for iPhone

dredre
edited March 2021 in General App Discussion

I like Garage Band's simplicity, just hate that you can't import your own samples. iMaschine doesn't let you import your own sounds (this app would've been amazing if you could). Im looking for a 'simple' drum sequencer that lets me import my own samples. Im not looking for something like Drumbo, BeatHawk etc that does a million things as I'll be mainly using it on my iPhone. Koala's pencil style sequencer is hard to use compared to GB's.

I'd prefer a vertical app (like iMaschine's) if possible.

Thanks

Comments

• Forgot to mention, being able to easily create triple hi hats (for trap based drums) is a must.

• Vatanator is straight ahead, but doesn't have the triple hi hats AFAIK:

https://www.vatanator.com/Manual.pdf

DrumComputer ftw?

• @mojozart said:
    Vatanator is straight ahead, but doesn't have the triple hi hats AFAIK:

https://www.vatanator.com/Manual.pdf

DrumComputer ftw?

Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately DrumComputer is only for iPad and Vatanator doesn't have the ability to easily make repeat notes to make trap beats. Thanks

• No portrait mode but if you have a larger iPhone model, I'd use Groove Rider.
    It has recently become available as an AUv3 and it gives you a great step sequencer with a good choice of stroke types (including these triplets) and step conditions plus one of the fastest loop slicers I know. And it does import samples.

• @rs2000 said:
    No portrait mode but if you have a larger iPhone model, I'd use Groove Rider.
    It has recently become available as an AUv3 and it gives you a great step sequencer with a good choice of stroke types (including these triplets) and step conditions plus one of the fastest loop slicers I know. And it does import samples.

Thanks for the feedback, I saw this while doing research but it does more than I need it to do and the price is far too much for my needs.

Wish Native Instruments allowed importing and AU3.

• @dre said:
    I like Garage Band's simplicity, just hate that you can't import your own samples. iMaschine doesn't let you import your own sounds (this app would've been amazing if you could). Im looking for a 'simple' drum sequencer that lets me import my own samples. Im not looking for something like Drumbo, BeatHawk etc that does a million things as I'll be mainly using it on my iPhone. Koala's pencil style sequencer is hard to use compared to GB's.

Thanks

Both GB and iMaschine allow you to import your own samples

• Flip?

Check out iMPC Pro 2 for iPhone as well. It has some maddening features, but, hey, so does GB.

Btw, the iPad disqualifier is important enough to mention in the title

• @anickt said:

@dre said:

Thanks

Both GB and iMaschine allow you to import your own samples

Sorry I should’ve been more clear.

You can’t import your own samples to use in the Drum Step Sequencer for GB. You can only use what they offer.

IMaschine’s import opens up AudioCopy but it doesn’t let you upload your own sample. It’s a bug that hasn’t been fixed for ages (in IPhone).

Thx for the tip tho.