Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Using Airturn with AUM/Audiobus

I’m trying to use an Airturn BT200 to control a few functions in either AUM or Audiobus. Specifically to trigger and hold a single note in a synth loaded into either of them.
I have the BT200 showing up as connected via Bluetooth and ticker as a MIDI controller but I can’t get it do actually tell either app to do anything.
Neither AUM nor Audiobus seem to recognise when I’ve pressed a button on the BT200.
There is an Airturn Manager app which I have used to configure the BT200 but I suspect that I have done this wrong.
Has anyone had success getting a BT200 to work with AUM/AB?
Thanks

Comments

• Use a MIDI monitor like MIDISpy or mfxMonitor to see what the device is sending. I suspect you may be getting one value on press, another on release. You can probably use StreamByter to change the messages to what you need.

• @TimRussell said:
    I’m trying to use an Airturn BT200 to control a few functions in either AUM or Audiobus. Specifically to trigger and hold a single note in a synth loaded into either of them.
    I have the BT200 showing up as connected via Bluetooth and ticker as a MIDI controller but I can’t get it do actually tell either app to do anything.
    Neither AUM nor Audiobus seem to recognise when I’ve pressed a button on the BT200.
    There is an Airturn Manager app which I have used to configure the BT200 but I suspect that I have done this wrong.
    Has anyone had success getting a BT200 to work with AUM/AB?
    Thanks

Not sure if this is still an issue for you but I got mine working. Had to go into settings in AUM to connect it there as well. Not sure if by working you meant on the iOS Bluetooth menu or AUM settings. If that isn’t you’re issue, then the pedal prob needs to be in midi control mode. Hold in the setting button till the red light flashes 7 times. Then let go and both less should flash 7 times. If you’ve tried all that and it still doesn’t work could be and issue with your AirTurn unit because mine works fine now.

• I have an Airturn as well.

Two things:

• connect the Airturn with the cable
    • set it up for Mode 7
    • set up the channel and note you want to send
    • save
    • Disconnect the Airturn and press/hold the right button until it's flashed 7 times (which means "MIDI mode")
  • edited April 2021

@ljholland said:
    I have an Airturn as well.

Two things:

• set it up for Mode 7
    • save
    • Disconnect the Airturn and press/hold the right button until it's flashed 7 times (which means "MIDI mode")

I have mine set up on mode 7 sending cc’s. I configured it with the airturn app, but I did it over Bluetooth - I’ve never needed a cable (other than for charging). EDIT my BT200/6 doesn’t have a cable connection.

• @steve99 said:

@ljholland said:

Two things:

• set it up for Mode 7
    • save

I have mine set up on mode 7 sending cc’s. I configured it with the airturn app, but I did it over Bluetooth - I’ve never needed a cable (other than for charging). EDIT my BT200/6 doesn’t have a cable connection.

Any reason to have something like this if you have the larger line 6 kit?

• By kit, do you mean the Helix?

• @audiobussy said:

@steve99 said:

@ljholland said:

Two things:

• set it up for Mode 7
    • save

Any reason to have something like this if you have the larger line 6 kit?

Can’t have too many foot switch options :)

I picked mine up pretty cheap second hand in the eternal search for the perfect rig. It’s very neat (bt200/6), light and the battery lasts ages. Good for a backpack if on the move.

If I’m using it alongside another controller, like the Line 6 fbv doing guitar stomps, then I personally like it as a dedicated Enso controller, or for Endlesss Studio on my laptop... that’s this week anyway. Definitely recommended and highly configurable with the app.

• @ljholland said:
    By kit, do you mean the Helix? FBv. See above