Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

I made a BassDrive and I liked it

Yesterday I had a fit of the (circuit) bends and after a semi successful fix of an old reel to reel tape recorder and a not so successful attempt to add pitch bend to a fifty pee toy buzzer piano thing, I followed my old mate Steve Noizytoyz tutorial here:

and made one of these bad boys

I’ve only recorded a patchy little demo so far so I’ll not post anything yet but it sounds good through a few fx to be sure...

I’m trying to find/figure out if there’s any putting the signal into my interfaces - a voltmeter would probably be the best way I guess?

Some pics of my other experiments yesterday

I’m enjoying it but wondering whether I’m trying to distract myself from buying a trogotronic 679 or just seeing if I really want to go a bit hardware...

Check out Steve‘s stuff, I think he should be on the telly he’s that good, another one here:

Comments

• You are definitely just distracting yourself. Give in and join the Trogo side!

Thanks for making me aware of that channel. 49 subscribers? WTF?

• @Philandering_Bastard said:
    You are definitely just distracting yourself. Give in and join the Trogo side!

I’m gaining confidence that I will, just spent the evening running samples of one through a mirack envelope to see if I can get what I want without having more need of modules, maybe I can get away with just the one (for now) 🤣

And yeah, Steve should be famous, he’s so good, properly nice as well, I’m looking forward to seeing him when he opens up the workshop again...

• Oh apparently the Bass Drive’s output works as CV too... the other thing I’d like to figure out with them is some sort of arduino type things that converts the rotary action into lovely slick feeling MIDI controllers, the action on them is so smooth and heavy feeling...

• @Krupa said:

@Philandering_Bastard said:

I’m gaining confidence that I will, just spent the evening running samples of one through a mirack envelope to see if I can get what I want without having more need of modules, maybe I can get away with just the one (for now) 🤣

And yeah, Steve should be famous, he’s so good, properly nice as well, I’m looking forward to seeing him when he opens up the workshop again...

Oh, I didn’t see that he does workshops. Where would that be?

Make that 50!

@Krupa said:

Oh, I didn’t see that he does workshops. Where would that be?

West Yorkshire is where he’s based, but I’ve seen pictures of him doing his thing in Moscow 🤘

• @gusgranite said:

Make that 50!

🙌

• @Krupa love what you did here. I think I’m going to experiment as well. I have so many old speakers in the basement.

• @gusgranite said:
    @Krupa love what you did here. I think I’m going to experiment as well. I have so many old speakers in the basement.

That’s great, I’ve been scouring the house for bits and bobs all weekend, I ended making a small circuit tester from an LED I ripped out of a dodgy USB charger that had been consigned to a drawer of shame... hoping to spot interesting possibilities on our monthly sojourn to the next town’s supermarket, although the charity shops will still be closed :(

Steve’ll be well made up to hear he’s converted one more to the cause :)

• @gusgranite said:

Make that 50!