Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Oxygen / 8 Electrons

edited February 2021 in Creations

SWAM Tuba, Euphonium, Tenor Trombone, Bb French Horn, Muted Trumpet. Digitalism2000 Sine Wave and Strings. Mersenne @Spidericemidas preset.

Comments

• Not as keen on Helium I’m afraid but I liked this one. A tremendously productive subject to pick for compositions.

• McDMcD
    edited March 2021

We need to get chords to that brass quartet.

The PolyThemus app will take a chord from your controller and split it across multiple midi channels and make a quartet come out.

Of course you could plan and lay out each part and get there that way but I'm sure that would kill your process.

$100 worth of brass voices need to sing in harmony.

I'd probably use a keyboard split to insure the Tuba gets it's own bass note and let Polythemus assign the right hand chords to the 4 upper brass instruments.

• @McD, the track has at least one instrument transposed a 6th above. A polyphonic ensemble would be great, but otherwise these will mostly be lead instruments. I don’t see how Polyphemus would help in playing complex chords... it’s based on keyboard ranges, no? The lines would trespass into different ranges, I think.

• McDMcD
    edited March 2021

@LinearLineman said:
    @McD, the track has at least one instrument transposed a 6th above. A polyphonic ensemble would be great, but otherwise these will mostly be lead instruments. I don’t see how Polyphemus would help in playing complex chords... it’s based on keyboard ranges, no? The lines would trespass into different ranges, I think.

No it identifies multiple notes being active and re-assigns them to MIDI channels so you'd get a Brass quartet over the Tuba using a keyboard split. I'll make a demo for you assuming
    my "beta" instruments still work.

OK... here's a quick demo made in AUM using Polythemus to drive Trumpet, French Horn, Trombone and Tuba using the AUM keyboard. No keyboard split involved just Polythemus assigning chords to channels 1-4 and Trumpet,
    French Horn, Trombone and Tuba on each channel 1 to 4.

Talking you through getting it working in Cubasis might be a challenge but the results would be worth it. It's best to roll the chords a bit to insure the upper voice is alway the trumpet on channel 1. I do that on the final chord.
    Once the trumpet sustains a note you can make the french horn play a counter line in the middle.

But I'm sure you'd get a feel for making it sound natural and if the voices jump around a bit that's also serendipity at work.

• Love your orchestrations. Even more so because we're hearing modern stuff with classic touch

• Interesting contrast of sounds.
    Initially, because of the brass instruments, it has an old fashioned feeling of Northern UK, like Yorkshire where you can walk in beautiful green countryside that goes on forever! So lots of fresh oxygen to be had there!
    The gliding whistle lead gives it a sci-fi edge and reminds us that the piece is science based.
    When you drop Mersenne in, it kind of suddenly opens or lifts everything up like an expanse of fresh air too.
    Very good. I enjoyed it. 👍

• Thanks @Spidericemidas. That’s exactly what I had in mind. Can’t get more sit than from a tuba!
    I appreciate the description, @senhorlampada. That’s how I like to think of it, too.