Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cem Olcay LoopBud New AUv3 Midi Looper: Walkthrough Review (Win 5 FREE Copies of ANY Cem Olcay App)

Cem Olcay LoopBud AUv3 Midi Looper Walkthrough Review (Giveaway: 5 FREE Copies of ANY Cem Olcay App)

LoopBud is a simple and very easy to use Midi Looper AUv3 from Cem Olcay, developer of other useful midi apps like ChordBud, StepBud and ArpBud. In this video I do a quick demo, walkthrough and review:

-walk you quickly through the main features
-show how to set up midi routing correctly for this app
-compare this with Atom Piano Roll and with Gauss
-discuss the pros and cons of midi vs audio loopers
-suggest some features I would like to see added to make this a killer app

Details of how to win are in the pinned Youtube comment, as usual. This video has timestamps when viewed in Youtube. Happy watching.

Please remember also folks to help out the channel by not watching these behind an ad blocker, as I am sure you do not want to exploit your dear old Gavinski any more than YouTube is already exploiting him 😉. A lot of viewers do not realise that if they skip ads before 30 seconds is up, or without clicking on a link, the creator is unlikely to get any remuneration from Youtube. So when you view vids by Youtubers you like, watching at least one or two ads is a good way to support us. Thank you!

You can follow me on Twitter at @gavinski_s. I mostly only post music-related stuff. Also, if you enjoy the channel and would like to show your appreciation, my PalPal is
https://paypal.me/GavinskisTutorials I am very happy when people support me in this way, and will certainly take the time to email you to thank you personally if you do 🙏.

Comments

• You are pumping them out currently :D. Thanks for the video, going to watch that tonight.

• Try copy and paste it does work.

Long press the bars themselves. The menu will come up. Then select a empty bar and paste it over.

• My fav combo so far is Mozaic Chordial recording into Loopbud. Instant gratification.

• edited February 2021

Long press doesn’t work for me no matter where I press (except on a pattern number). It doesn’t work when I press on the top of a bar, or in a bar. I guess there is a device specific bug @Jumpercollins

• @Jumpercollins said:
    My fav combo so far is Mozaic Chordial recording into Loopbud. Instant gratification.

Ah, I thought originaly it would only record from keyboard, but I can see you have it working from Mozaic, looks like a must have for me. Brilliant

• @Toastedghost said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    My fav combo so far is Mozaic Chordial recording into Loopbud. Instant gratification.

Ah, I thought originaly it would only record from keyboard, but I can see you have it working from Mozaic, looks like a must have for me. Brilliant

Yer works for any midi in source.

• @Gavinski said:
    Long press doesn’t work for me no matter where I press (except on a pattern number). It doesn’t work when I press on the top of a bar, or in a bar. I guess there is a device specific bug @Jumpercollins

Yer sounds like it or maybe ipad OS version I'm on the latest.

• @Jumpercollins said:

@Toastedghost said:

@Jumpercollins said:

Yer works for any midi in source.

Some slight limitations but great for quick 'n' dirty looping...liking it a lot so far...!

• Yeah, this looks like a fun way to capture and interact with generated midi in Drambo (which can't currently be recorded onto Drambo's own sequencer.. without external workarounds at least.)

• @Toastedghost I didn't go into the usual plethora of examples in this that I usually do, and used just the AUM keyboard for convenience. But for sure it can take any kind of midi input!

• edited February 2021

@aleyas said:
    Yeah, this looks like a fun way to capture and interact with generated midi in Drambo (which can't currently be recorded onto Drambo's own sequencer.. without external workarounds at least.)

One workaround in Drambo is assign MIDI to the keyboard in Drambo! You can then trigger with your external device or just trigger inside Drambo for apps like Tonality.

• @Stuntman_mike said:

@aleyas said:
    Yeah, this looks like a fun way to capture and interact with generated midi in Drambo (which can't currently be recorded onto Drambo's own sequencer.. without external workarounds at least.)

One workaround in Drambo is assign MIDI to the keyboard in Drambo! You can then trigger with your external device or just trigger inside Drambo for apps like Tonality.

Ah, well I mean if you generate midi through the midi note gen module inside of a Drambo track. That midi can't be bounced onto the main sequencer. So recording it would require another midi app.

• @aleyas said:

@Stuntman_mike said:

@aleyas said:

Ah, well I mean if you generate midi through the midi note gen module inside of a Drambo track. That midi can't be bounced onto the main sequencer. So recording it would require another midi app.

This could also be a workaround method for the NS2 limitation with recording midi from AUv3s - export to NS2s midi folder and drag back into the project, would work a lot better if you could arm LoopBud to record before pressing play in the host.

• Ashamed to admit I hadn't checked whether the parameters were exposed! That's a very surprising omission, will you expose them @cem_olcay?

• @Gavinski said:
    Ashamed to admit I hadn't checked whether the parameters were exposed! That's a very surprising omission, will you expose them @cem_olcay?

@Gavinski To many LoopBud posts today ! Here what @cem_olcay said in the other post.

I’ll work on the next update soon:

the bug on new patterns
    being able to arm record before transport start
    exposing play/record/clear/undo buttons as AU parameters
    First few things to do. In the long run I’ll work on the MIDI CC recording and MPE/multi-channel support.

• This will be cool for live sessions where everything is re-written. Would need the drambo midi out. Which is multi-track (pseudo) from a microkey. To not get sticky notes.

• edited February 2021

Does sb drum have midi in? Can the rolls be triggered without steps on sequencer?

Would there be a route note for beats?

• Midi to the mode selecter would be cool. Probabilty via midi knob

• Your reviews are so on point.
    Been waiting for a simple, functional midi looper for quite some time. Thx!!

• edited February 2021

@Gavinski
    Thank for your helpful demo video!

For me. Bar Copy/Paste will only work in the standalone App, and not in the AU. Are you also on iPadOS 13.7 ?
    I tagged the Dev in the other thread to let him know.

The Dev also mentioned that you can use StepBud's MIDI CC sequencing for creating a song-mode in LoopBud. I'm going to check that out next.

I agree it would be a nice feature to open Midi files in LoopBud.

• @aleyas said:

@Stuntman_mike said:

@aleyas said:

Check this out:

• @cem_olcay is there a way to assign separate CC to each pattern, so I can trigger each pattern from my Launchpad?

• Transport controls need work, recording doesn’t start with play. Too much back and forth with aum’s play button. Also is there a way to adjust the loop length after recording (make it shorter)?
    Is the a way to adjust the length to any amount? (Not bars/unquantized)

• Please expose midi controls, and it would be nice if when a section (bar) is pressed to loop rather than the recorded full amount of say 4 bars, if this could be a different bar selected on another pattern. Say you select bar 2 on pattern 1, if you could selected bar 3 on pattern 2.

• @hibjshop said:
    Transport controls need work, recording doesn’t start with play. Too much back and forth with aum’s play button. Also is there a way to adjust the loop length after recording (make it shorter)?
    Is the a way to adjust the length to any amount? (Not bars/unquantized)

I think it is fine that the play button doesn't control the transport. The point of the play button is just whether you hear something or not. Come to think of it though, it might be nice if it did have a play button built in that also allowed you to start / stop, Md that would allow unsynced triggering for unsynced loops. I agree with your last two suggestions, they should be added.

• @horsetrainer said:
    @Gavinski

For me. Bar Copy/Paste will only work in the standalone App, and not in the AU. Are you also on iPadOS 13.7 ?

The Dev also mentioned that you can use StepBud's MIDI CC sequencing for creating a song-mode in LoopBud. I'm going to check that out next.

Thnx, yes I am also on 13.7
    Definitely a bug. Beta for this was a bit too short and not enough testers I reckon

• @Gavinski said:

@horsetrainer said:
    @Gavinski

Thnx, yes I am also on 13.7
    Definitely a bug. Beta for this was a bit too short and not enough testers I reckon

Thanks for the confirmation.

In the meantime I'm experimenting making classical music with Loopbud. :)

• Yeah, nice one! I just saw your very helpful comment about your method in the other thread

• @Toastedghost said:
    Please expose midi controls, and it would be nice if when a section (bar) is pressed to loop rather than the recorded full amount of say 4 bars, if this could be a different bar selected on another pattern. Say you select bar 2 on pattern 1, if you could selected bar 3 on pattern 2. It could be that when you select just 1 bar in a set of bars that you could drag the selected bar and make it longer, as long as you wish within the bars chosen. I hope you understand what I mean here.

• @Toastedghost I don't really understand what you are asking here. Maybe try expressing it in a different way?