Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iPhone 8 Plus vs iPhone 12 Pro Max

edited February 2021 in General App Discussion

Looking to possibly get an iPhone for making music, and have been comparing the 8 Plus to the latest model, the 12 Pro Max.

Benchmarks numbers on the 12 are roughly 4 times 2 times that of the 8 (depending on where you look), I’m just not sure what that means for music making.

Is the older 8 Plus going to struggle in any way? I know some synths and synth patches can be heavy on the CPU, I’ll probably mostly use Nanostudio 2 and Cubasis.

Just wondering if anyone has an idea of what the comparison is like. Thanks in advance for any insight.

Comments

• If you want 3D Touch for GeoShred you will need to go for the 8 Plus

• I went from an 8 plus to a 12, so not exactly what you are asking....but I wouldn’t miss the 12 in any way if I went back. I’ve never gotten used to the wasted/weird space issues in the curved corners and around the dumb notch. Hats off to developers who just ignore those “features” and make a rectangular interface. I have more weird glitches and crashes on the 12-nothing major, but the 8 plus never gave any trouble at all. And as mentioned 3D Touch was useful as is the home button now that masks are a thing. It is nice though how much quicker some apps load on the 12.

• Oh and the floating app switcher bar that hovers over your keyboards and such is super annoying.

• @spiteface said:
    so not exactly what you are asking....

Mostly wondering about performance, with music making apps, not so much features.

• No synth comparison, but some info: