Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

quick question from a newbie (Borderlands)

chaps. i just bought borderlands and am trying to get audio in and out of ableton live on my laptop, while connecting the ipad directly via usb/lightning cable. i'm already using a usb audio interface, so i bought studiomux, because it offers the ability to drop vst plugins into tracks in ableton to route audio in and out. no need for an aggregate device....super simple...i just plug both usb devices in and i'm good to go. but it doesn't work because borderlands doesn't present any audio inputs to studiomux. i can get audio from borderlands into ableton using it and it works perfectly, but not the other way round.
so some quick advice chaps, what do i need to get? audiobus? aum? i'm looking at loads of videos and trawling the web, but not finding the answers i need. any help would be much appreciated!

Comments

• i should say, studiomux does actually seem to be working properly - i can funnel audio from the mac back to the ipad using the virtual audio interface/server thingy...it's just that borderlands doesn't show studiomux any inputs. if i get audiobus and place it on a studiomux track, will that work? there seems to be some integration between the two apps.

• @simeon said:
    chaps. i just bought borderlands and am trying to get audio in and out of ableton live on my laptop, while connecting the ipad directly via usb/lightning cable. i'm already using a usb audio interface, so i bought studiomux, because it offers the ability to drop vst plugins into tracks in ableton to route audio in and out. no need for an aggregate device....super simple...i just plug both usb devices in and i'm good to go. but it doesn't work because borderlands doesn't present any audio inputs to studiomux. i can get audio from borderlands into ableton using it and it works perfectly, but not the other way round.
    so some quick advice chaps, what do i need to get? audiobus? aum? i'm looking at loads of videos and trawling the web, but not finding the answers i need. any help would be much appreciated!

Try loading Borderlands into AUM as an effect.

• thanks. i don't have AUM at the moment, but i can see borderlands showing up in the effects section of studiomux as "borderlands filter". i'm not clear on the differences / uses of audiobus and aum. i guess i was hoping someone might point me in the right direction. i know borderlands works with audiobus, so maybe i'll try that.

• figured it out. use "borderlands filter" instead of "borderlands sender" in studiomux.