Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

A Drambo/SWAM Jam

Shared this in another thread but felt like it deserve it’s own. I’m starting to really like working in Drambo for fleshing out songs. Also, the export functions work very well for taking tracks over to a DAW if needed.

Comments

• I could have done a screen capture, but I think this way leaves more to the imagination of the listener doesn’t it?

• edited February 2021

How has no one commented on this yet? This is freaking BRILLIANT. Bass is utterly smooth, drums come through nicely, especially with that reverb washing over the snare. I could go on, but just about every aspect of this track is fantastic. Probably the most musical examples of the swam sounds I’ve heard. Excellent work!
    (Ended way to early though!)

• edited February 2021

Very good production, Ed. I could see you lay a guitar lead over this.... the journey may not be over. Has a bit of a Twin Peaks feel to it.

• @aleyas said:
    How has no one commented on this yet? This is freaking BRILLIANT. Bass is utterly smooth, drums come through nicely, especially with that reverb washing over the snare. I could go on, but just about every aspect of this track is fantastic. Probably the most musical examples of the swam sounds I’ve heard. Excellent work!

Thank you! I try to put lots of love into each part and give each of my virtual band members a chance to shine. I think Drambo is where the real brilliance is. I’m starting to make more and more of my music with it. The pattern arranger makes song building a breeze!

Here’s a loose breakdown on the contents of this piece:

• Drambo Stand Alone
    1. An “Alteza’d” Magellan 2 patch (Swiftness) with a Graphic Modulator on the filter. Then another Graphic Modulator on the Main bus modulating the pan fully left and right for effect.

2. Drambo Drums - Kick on Keys (I love my Drambo drums!) if you never use Drambo for anything else, it is the most amazing drum machine in its most simple form.

3. Drambo Drums - Hats on Keys (hats with delay)

4. Drambo Drums - Snare on Keys (tracks 2 - 4 dedicated to drums. The snare hit and clap are both on this track. Obviously drenched in some Black Hole reverb

5. AudioKit’s SUB 808 Bass - never fails me! By far my favorite bass app!

6. AudioKit’s House: Mark I - another instrument that covers ALL of my electromechanical piano needs. Love running this through Blackhole or Alteza for milky smooth sounds!

7. DRC - Pluck sound from factory patch “Cloned Boys” w/ Kosmonaut delay

8. SWAM - Euphonium - a single Euphonium track. This guy’s got really really, no I mean REALLY big lungs I know. Maybe it’s two Euphonium players eh?

9. SWAM - Flugelhorn mid (I had to go beyond the standard 8 Drambo tracks which is pretty simple to do once you know how.)

10. SWAM - Flugelhorn high (high part harmony to compliment track 9.)

And that’s it! A 10 track Drambo piece composed and exported using Drambo’s export function. Opened in CB3 to to do the fade, normalize and mixdown.

• @LinearLineman said
    Very good production, Ed. I could see you lay a guitar lead over this.... the journey may not be over. Has a bit of a Twin Peaks feel to it.

Thanks Mike! I’m working on bringing my guitar world together with my iPadOS/synth world. Thing is, I can’t add guitar parts to these pieces in the middle of the night (when most of my music gets made) while everyone’s asleep. Most of the pieces I’ve posted lately have been composed 100% from the couch where there’s no guitars around.

But.. now that I’ve figured out how easy Drambo’s export thing is, bringing parts into CB3 is super simple. Adding additional audio tracks (guitar!) should be easy peasy.

As far as guitar stuff goes though, I think Overloud’s THU may be the missing link for me.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Has a bit of a Twin Peaks feel to it.

I guess all my stuff has a Twin Peaks feel to it 🤭

• One of the nicest tracks posted this week. I also think some sort of lead , doesn’t have to be guitar, over the top would be nice. Please stop mentioning the D word !

• @GeoTony said:
    One of the nicest tracks posted this week. I also think some sort of lead , doesn’t have to be guitar, over the top would be nice. Please stop mentioning the D word !

Thank you @GeoTony! I guess I missed the joke about mentioning the D word?

• @aleyas said:

>

Here’s an extended version/screen recording in case anyone wanted to see everything in action in the “big D”

• Loved that @Intrepolicious Your work never fails to inspire.
    I always think I don't need those SWAM apps, then you put out a video and I do a complete 180 haha.

• @aleyas said:
    Loved that @Intrepolicious Your work never fails to inspire.
    I always think I don't need those SWAM apps, then you put out a video and I do a complete 180 haha.

Thanks! I’ve only purchased a couple of them so far, the Euphonium and the regular Flugelhorn. I’m sure I’ll be filling out my collection as the needs arise.

• I’ve never been all that great at naming things. Anyone got a better name for this piece? I feel like it deserves something better.

First one with a good name makes it official!

• Jetfoil dipping its tentacles.

• @rs2000 said:
    Jetfoil dipping its tentacles.

lol I was thinking something a little more mainstream

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    Good one.

Thanks, it’s an older post, going through my half-completed projects and doing some deleting.

Thought this one was worthy of a rename and a bump.