Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Helium / 2 Electrons

edited February 2021 in Creations

2 tracks: @Spidericemidas inspired by his Continua preset “Helium Addict”. Plus Digitalism2000 preset Bassoon2000 micropitched.

Comments

• McDMcD
    edited February 2021

I love these 2 synth apps. They have some classic sounds. @Spidericemidas does great work
    crafting interesting presets that are full of surprises.

I always wondered if playing around with helium for the funny voices might make someone pass out. It never seems to... (Google might know the danger of helium in the bloodstream).

GOOGLE REPORTS: Breathing in pure helium can cause death by asphyxiation in just minutes. Inhaling helium from a pressurized tank can also cause a gas or air embolism, which is a bubble that becomes trapped in a blood vessel, blocking it. The blood vessels can rupture and hemorrhage.

The helium blocks oxygen fro reaching the brain.

I suspect that spontaneous laughing right after doing it saves a lot of lives.

• @McD, I had trouble using Digitalism with Cubasis3 on multiple tracks. But it does have a unique sound.

• McDMcD
    edited February 2021

Have you looked through the MoodUnits IAP's yet. As a "Preset" lover I think you'll find some great sounds in that product. I'll upload something I set up in AUM using 5 MoodUnits.

Here's are 5 randomly selected MoodUnit Factory Presets. They are generally
    typical synthy patches (saw, square, etc) but easy to audition and dial in a sound:

And here's something using a lot of the optional $1 IAP sounds and the whole
    mix buried in Eos2 massive reverb:

And here they are in a mix with 2 audio tracks (Sessions Band Guitar and Soft Drummer loops):

• That was great. Lots of strange high pitch squeeky sounds, describes an experience with Helium very well! Hehe. Now, have you ever tried Sulfur Hexaflouride? The opposite effect. Cracks me up every time. 🤣

• Thanks @Spidericemidas. While not being too literal, I am trying to get in touch with the essence of these elements. Oxygen uses the SWAM Tuba, so lots of air there.

• @McD said:
    I love these 2 synth apps. They have some classic sounds. @Spidericemidas does great work

I always wondered if playing around with helium for the funny voices might make someone pass out. It never seems to... (Google might know the danger of helium in the bloodstream).

GOOGLE REPORTS: Breathing in pure helium can cause death by asphyxiation in just minutes. Inhaling helium from a pressurized tank can also cause a gas or air embolism, which is a bubble that becomes trapped in a blood vessel, blocking it. The blood vessels can rupture and hemorrhage.

Yes it causes death by asphyxiation because the lungs dont recognise the difference between oxygen and helium. I rescued a friend close to suicide who had investigated the best forms of suicide. Fortunatly he did not go through with it and he is now settled down and is happily married.

• @Toastedghost said:

@McD said:

Yes it causes death by asphyxiation because the lungs dont recognise the difference between oxygen and helium. I rescued a friend close to suicide who had investigated the best forms of suicide. Fortunatly he did not go through with it and he is now settled down and is happily married.

Read this just after the reminder popped up on my phone that it's the anniversary of my brother's death tomorrow. Glad to see you know the value of what you did. Hope he does too.

• @ashh said:

@Toastedghost said:

@McD said:

Read this just after the reminder popped up on my phone that it's the anniversary of my brother's death tomorrow. Glad to see you know the value of what you did. Hope he does too.

Sorry for your lose. I was lucky I managed to see his gradual descent and fortunate to catch him at the right time. The same cannot unfortunatly be said of my best friend who I morn for some 35 years ago and I never saw the signs. I wish I could reverse time I might have been able to help.
    I now go to AMC Andy’s Man Club in the UK setup in memory of a young man who sadly took his own life. AMC helps over 3200 men a year who are feeling the blues and any one who is feeling that way I direct them to AMC. They are not counselors but everyone who has been to that dark place and needs a listening nonjudgemental ear. If you know of anyone who could benefit they are on Facebook, have a private group, meet in person on Monday evenings or you can chat online.
    Take care of yourself buddy.

• @Toastedghost said:

@ashh said:

@Toastedghost said:

@McD said:

Sorry for your lose. I was lucky I managed to see his gradual descent and fortunate to catch him at the right time. The same cannot unfortunatly be said of my best friend who I morn for some 35 years ago and I never saw the signs. I wish I could reverse time I might have been able to help.
    I now go to AMC Andy’s Man Club in the UK setup in memory of a young man who sadly took his own life. AMC helps over 3200 men a year who are feeling the blues and any one who is feeling that way I direct them to AMC. They are not counselors but everyone who has been to that dark place and needs a listening nonjudgemental ear. If you know of anyone who could benefit they are on Facebook, have a private group, meet in person on Monday evenings or you can chat online.
    Take care of yourself buddy.

Sounds very cool. You too!