Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Mixer for AUM

Hi guys, I am looking for a mixer/audio interface for AUM with 6-8 inputs. I want these inputs to have as individual inputs in AUM, so I guess I need a usb device. Now I am a little bit confused on how to research this. I have read that there are usb interfaces with x physical in and outputs but only a sub amount y of outputs over usb. Could someone give me some advise? I want to spend as little as possible.

Comments

• 3 options off the top of my head for audio interface mixer combos (none are “cheep”)

KeithMcMillen K-mix
    Tascam Model 12 16 and 24
    Zoom Livetrack L8 12 and 20

• I just bought Behringer UMC 1820 and all 8 inputs show on the iPad. The preamps are ok for the price. I paid £100 for it but generally second hand prices are around £130. Not sure how much new but I expect these are the cheapest 8 input interfaces on the market.

• Behringer Flow 8 is on my wishlist. Each channel is an individual USB output plus the main stereo mix (10 in total)

• @Bele Do you actually need a mixer (channel faders, EQ, maybe FX, etc.), or just a multi-input audio interface?

• i have an Arturia audiofuse studio. flawless. check it out

• @uncledave said:
    @Bele Do you actually need a mixer (channel faders, EQ, maybe FX, etc.), or just a multi-input audio interface?

I think I don't need it, because I can do that in AUM, maybe volume fader would be nice

• edited February 2021

@branis said:
    Behringer Flow 8 is on my wishlist. Each channel is an individual USB output plus the main stereo mix (10 in total)

Yeah I have seen it, that could work for me, if all the inputs are shown in aum. I have to look up how the different input types and impedance levels affect the sound though.

• What do you all think of the focusrite 8i6?

• Soundcraft Signature series works pretty fine, in and out.
    Any class compliant audio interface with enough I/O will do the job.

• edited August 2022

@mlau said:
    i have an Arturia audiofuse studio. flawless. check it out

Ah nice to see. So you run the studio version with an ipad? It is possible to run without electricity? Can you run it with an Powerbank like the Anker Powercore+ 26800 PD 45W, like the rev2?

• edited August 2022

@headmademusic said:

@mlau said:
    i have an Arturia audiofuse studio. flawless. check it out

Ah nice to see. So you run the studio version with an ipad? It is possible to run without electricity? Can you run it with an Powerbank like the Anker Powercore+ 26800 PD 45W, like the rev2?

Sorry for the delay, i was not around …. Anker should work, although i do not use one … best is to ask to Arturia directly …