Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drambo + Mood Units: Towards A Beginning And End

I was really inspired by the @Svetlovska Track here:
https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/919742#Comment_919742

I had totally forgotten about the @moodscaper MoodUnits synth, and decided to give it run last night, and after a few hours of exploring, playing and dreaming, I ended up with this little thing.

As always, thanks for listening:

Comments

• edited February 2021

@echoopera : thank you! Fascinating to see a completely different approach to my random rumblings working with somewhat similar elements. I love the vocal samples, and the sense of mournful mystery the piece evokes. I imagine it as music for an intense Euro arthouse psychological thriller, a young woman searching for a boyfriend who mysteriously disappeared while they were on vacation... or did he? :)

• @echoopera said:
    I was really inspired by the @Svetlovska Track here:
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/919742#Comment_919742

I had totally forgotten about the @moodscaper MoodUnits synth, and decided to give it run last night, and after a few hours of exploring, playing and dreaming, I ended up with this little thing.

As always, thanks for listening:

Ha! I read the title and somehow knew it was one of yours :)

• Shhh @Svetlovska don't reveal the plot for the new Alain Robbe-Grillet inspired short appearing on DadaScenester Theatre Channel in Coppenhagen this weekend. :)

But seriously. Thank you and @craftycurate for the feedback.

Hrmmm...if that title made you know it was me, makes me think I need to change things up a bit ;)

• :) I was very much into Robbe-Grillet at a certain point in youth...

• @Svetlovska said:
    :) I was very much into Robbe-Grillet at a certain point in youth...

I was a wee bit myself. So funny out of all the Authors i could have picked. Hahahah. Too cool.

• edited February 2021

@echoopera said:
    Shhh @Svetlovska don't reveal the plot for the new Alain Robbe-Grillet inspired short appearing on DadaScenester Theatre Channel in Coppenhagen this weekend. :)

Hrmmm...if that title made you know it was me, makes me think I need to change things up a bit ;)

I'm interested to know how you created the sliced vocals around 3:46 ... is this using some kind of beat slicing plugin, or is it a Drambo technique?

• edited February 2021

@craftycurate said:

@echoopera said:
    Shhh @Svetlovska don't reveal the plot for the new Alain Robbe-Grillet inspired short appearing on DadaScenester Theatre Channel in Coppenhagen this weekend. :)

I'm interested to know how you created the sliced vocals around 3:46 ... is this using some kind of beat slicing plugin, or is it a Drambo technique?

I just recorded it via the Radio AU app from Giku to a FlexiSampler and played the chops in reverse and randomized their play states in the sequence. Easy peezy.

Let me know if you need a video of the process 👊🏼™️

• @echoopera said:

@craftycurate said:

@echoopera said:

I just recorded it via the Radio AU app from Giku to a FlexiSampler and played the chops in reverse and randomized their play states in the sequence. Easy peezy.

If you’re offering I won’t say no :) Tbh I haven’t really got my head round Drambo enough so any workflow type things welcome! Thanks 👍

• Sweet sounds, no fancy video effects this time, just sweet sounds! :)

• @craftycurate said:

@echoopera said:

@craftycurate said:

@echoopera said:

If you’re offering I won’t say no :) Tbh I haven’t really got my head round Drambo enough so any workflow type things welcome! Thanks 👍

Haha. Have you watched the videos from Ben Richards or sound for more? They are awesome.

• @Intrepolicious said:
    Sweet sounds, no fancy video effects this time, just sweet sounds! :)

Yup. Just the pure visual goodness of Drambo in this one.

Thanks for listening 🙏🏼

• @echoopera said:

@Intrepolicious said:
    Sweet sounds, no fancy video effects this time, just sweet sounds! :)

Yup. Just the pure visual goodness of Drambo in this one.

Thanks for listening 🙏🏼

Love Drambo! I just posted a track made entirely in drambo as well. Check it out when you get a chance and let me know whatcha think 👊🏻

• @echoopera - love it! I've been putting off getting into Drambo because I fear I might never get out of it again :smile:

• @moodscaper said:
    @echoopera - love it! I've been putting off getting into Drambo because I fear I might never get out of it again :smile:

Thank you 🙏🏼
    The only thing to fear is fear itself 😜 Drambo is definitely a Pandora’s box of opportunity for sure. It’s the closest app I’ve felt to an OctaTrack on my iPad full stop.