Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

World's first NFT sample pack

edited February 2021 in Other

This NFT stuff is weird.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/grammy-winning-producer-illmind-auctions-rights-to-new-samples-as-nft

Maybe DAW project files next?

Art has been doing it for a little while.

Comments

• Sweet
    Didn’t know about this
    Thanks for the post

• Interesting. See-sawing between ‘has potential’ and ‘gimmick’.

• @Philandering_Bastard said:
    Interesting. See-sawing between ‘has potential’ and ‘gimmick’.

I was see-sawing between ‘beanie baby’ and ‘pet rock’ for a bit... now I wager it will evolve into something useful but the crazy bubble will likely burst / get dirtied in some way.

• Heard Marc Cuban talking about this last week sounds pretty neat.

• I can definitely see this becoming a big thing. Artist are already auctioning off or selling pieces of their publishing. its a great way for artist to get investors, and for the fans to feel like they are a part of something.

• Still listening to this but here it is...

• edited February 2021

My brain hurts from this phenomenon. No way is this sustainable. In theory it’s a good idea but all this $$$ being thrown at digital things makes my brain hurt.

I wonder if i could sell my Future Ideas for a Billion Dollars for exclusive rights to my ideas i will only provide in a digital format which unlocks at regular intervals for the owner of my thoughts.

Hrmmmm...isn’t that called Futures in the Stock Market...i think i need to work on a digital piece that communicates this opportunity for a potential buyer 😬

I want to create the Philosophers Stone of Ideas as a digital experience for a buyer.

“If you could only see the worlds i see in my minds eye...” 1 Billion $$ please HA!

A Digital And Hermetic Artifact which only unlocks for the buyer of this object of infinite idea generation. Every time it is sold the potential of new ideas and vistas of opportunities are unlocked for the owner and every previous buyer.

I guess this idea of mine is no different than Salvador Dali signing blank canvases and print paper in his day. 🥰

I hope this crazy notion makes sense 😎

• @echoopera said:
    My brain hurts from this phenomenon. No way is this sustainable. In theory it’s a good idea but all this $$$ being thrown at digital things makes my brain hurt.

I think the whole frenzy level right now is simply so people years down the road can say ‘First’ and have a little ownership of NFT history (art shmart, who cares etc). In my mind people are not merely buying the art but an early novel utilization of NFT. New art NFTs will certainly flood the market but probably not be nearly as valuable, but the historically relevant early ones (NFTs I mean, not art per se) will likely still retain or gain in value with fans of the form. I could also totally see the whole thing bottoming out, people not giving a crap and looking back with rolling eyes.

• @echoopera said:

I wonder if i could sell my Future Ideas for a Billion Dollars for exclusive rights to my ideas i will only provide in a digital format which unlocks at regular intervals for the owner of my thoughts.

Hrmmmm...isn’t that called Futures in the Stock Market...i think i need to work on a digital piece that communicates this opportunity for a potential buyer 😬

I want to create the Philosophers Stone of Ideas as a digital experience for a buyer.

“If you could only see the worlds i see in my minds eye...” 1 Billion $$ please HA!

A Digital And Hermetic Artifact which only unlocks for the buyer of this object of infinite idea generation. Every time it is sold the potential of new ideas and vistas of opportunities are unlocked for the owner and every previous buyer.

I guess this idea of mine is no different than Salvador Dali signing blank canvases and print paper in his day. 🥰

That’s where I’m currently leaning. Nothing so far sounds truly novel. Then again, 9/10 I’m the idiot in the room so who knows.

• @Philandering_Bastard said:

@echoopera said:

That’s where I’m currently leaning. Nothing so far sounds truly novel. Then again, 9/10 I’m the idiot in the room so who knows.

Ummmm the only idiot in the room is the one who payed 6.6 million for a digital Beeple 🤪

• @echoopera said:

Ummmm the only idiot in the room is the one who payed 6.6 million for a digital Beeple 🤪

Ahh, it’s one those rare 1/10 occasions 🤣

• edited February 2021

Blockchain technology is basically a way to eliminate middle people and sell your music and associated products directly to your fans. If you have music people aren’t interested in, the technology still won’t help you. The NFT video on music is the most informative of the videos posted and discusses a lot more than just NFTs in a musical context.

Too often the media coverage of blockchain technology focuses on the speculative get rich quick aspects of it which makes for entertaining and dramatic stories but doesn’t provide much practical insight into it. The practical applications and integration with existing laws and regulations are still in the developing stages.

The history of how in the 1990s Napster set in motion a chain of events which led to the creation of digital online streaming services versus the traditional physical retail stores and media like records and CDs would seem to be a reasonable process to examine with respect to how it transformed the distribution of music as to how blockchain will similarly effect music distribution in the future.

• edited February 2021

@Paulinko said:
    Blockchain technology is basically a way to eliminate middle people and sell your music and associated products directly to your fans. If you have music people aren’t interested in, the technology still won’t help you. The NFT video on music is the most informative of the videos posted and discusses a lot more than just NFTs in a musical context.

Too often the media coverage of blockchain technology focuses on the speculative get rich quick aspects of it which makes for entertaining and dramatic stories but doesn’t provide much practical insight into it. The practical applications and integration with existing laws and regulations are still in the developing stages.

The history of how in the 1990s Napster set in motion a chain of events which led to the creation of digital online streaming services versus the traditional physical retail stores and media like records and CDs would seem to be a reasonable process to examine with respect to how it transformed the distribution of music as to how blockchain will similarly effect music distribution in the future.

For sure, yah I think there are two ways to look at it. One is the emergence of a new digital entity type (err, or something) and then this weird feeding frenzy around a particular use of it. Corporate media coverage of course will focus on the (likely temporal) weird feeding frenzy hehe.

• @echoopera said:

@Philandering_Bastard said:

@echoopera said:

It is probably one of those weird art world things where the spending of the money makes it historic / valuable. The investment itself becomes part of the thing. People are weird.

• edited February 2021

@AudioGus said:

@echoopera said:

@echoopera said:

It is probably one of those weird art world things where the spending of the money makes it historic / valuable. The investment itself becomes part of the thing. People are weird.

Yeah. I just hope Beeple saw some of that money...which i doubt since it was sold on the secondary market. So hard to understand from the coverage honestly.

Does the BlockChain insure any sort of residual payment down stream for the original creator after the Digital artifact has taken on a life of its own?

• @echoopera said:

@AudioGus said:

@echoopera said:

@echoopera said:

Yeah. I just hope Beeple saw some of that money...which i doubt since it was sold on the secondary market. So hard to understand from the coverage honestly.

Does the BlockChain insure any sort of residual payment down stream for the original creator after the Digital artifact has taken on a life of its own?

It sounds like in some cases (depending on which block chain type (or something?) that the creator will get 10% of any future reselling of the token.

• edited February 2021

@AudioGus said:

@echoopera said:

@AudioGus said:

@echoopera said:

@echoopera said:

It sounds like in some cases (depending on which block chain type (or something?) that the creator will get 10% of any future reselling of the token.

This guy has a couple videos that described it really well.

• Cool @AudioGus i will check it out. It has me thinking about a concept of sort. Something like Eno meets Gysin meets Napoleon Hill meets Anonymous. A digital artifact of the future living in the present and unlocking itself as it moves through time. 🤔

• I never did get to cash in my Choon Notes...

• edited September 2023

NFTs are literally dead. Nobody cares about them anymore, not even hardcore cryptocommunity members.

The next big thing in crypto in next 2 years (translate to “money printer” for early token buyers) will be AI or maybe something completely different which appears durinh next 6 -12 months …

.. And of course memecoins lol, they never die .. it’s cynical and sad but if you buy now some dogecoin, shibainu, babydoge and pepecoin - then most likely somewhere in 2024 -2025 you will have oportunity to sell it for at least 10x (or more) profits.. as much as i hate it, that much i personally believe it will be the case.

disclaimer i am not financial advisor and all written above is not financial advice. You should invest only money youncan afford to loose

• I did sell some NFTs back in 2021 when i honestly thought this will make some changes how digital art/video/music can reach more people. But yeah, it ended up being just another scheme, shame

• if you heard about a new scheme, you are already too late to make money from it.

• @Milkyway1980 said:
    I did sell some NFTs back in 2021 when i honestly thought this will make some changes how digital art/video/music can reach more people. But yeah, it ended up being just another scheme, shame

The Ponzi scheme of the 21st century.

• edited September 2023

@Milkyway1980 said:
    I did sell some NFTs back in 2021 when i honestly thought this will make some changes how digital art/video/music can reach more people. But yeah, it ended up being just another scheme, shame

I tell you some secret. Everything which is spawned in crypto (except of Bitcoin) , is just "scheme" :-D It's been like this for ages (at least since i am watching this space - since 2015) ... 2017-2018 ICO fever, 2020-2021 NFT/Metavers ... 2024/2025 AI/??? ... and so on and so on .. every 4 years different oportunity to make some money if you are lucky and you have balls to risk, but that's all it is ... except of Bitcoin there is no revolution in crypto, all other use cases are bogus and just ways to sell fairytales, waporware (or scam in worst case) to naive uneducated mases who believe in "next big thing" story :lol:

• @michael_m said:

@Milkyway1980 said:

Unfortunately, i was a believer when it started. Even made some money out of it, but then i felt ashamed when realized what it was

• edited September 2023

@dendy said:

@Milkyway1980 said:

I tell you some secret. Everything which is spawned in crypto (except of Bitcoin) , is just "scheme" :-D It's been like this for ages (at least since i am watching this space - since 2015) ... 2017-2018 ICO fever, 2020-2021 NFT/Metavers ... 2024/2025 AI/??? ... and so on and so on .. every 4 years different oportunity to make some money if you are lucky and you have balls to risk, but that's all it is ... except of Bitcoin there is no revolution in crypto, all other use cases are bogus and just ways to sell fairytales, waporware (or scam in worst case) to naive uneducated mases who believe in "next big thing" story :lol:

Well to be honest i wasn't and still am not into crypto. I am a traditional and digital artist for more then 20 years. And this idea they proposed at the time made sense. They menaged to fool artists first, and then everyone else

• edited September 2023

@Milkyway1980 said:
    Well to be honest i wasn't and still am not into crypto. I am a traditional and digital artist for more then 20 years. And this idea they proposed at the time made sense. They menaged to fool artists first, and then everyone else

It's nice idea but in really technically it's nonsense if you think more about it.

Point of blockchain is decentralization - no middle man. Means ANYBODY can put onto it ANY information (compatible with what blockchain stores, of course - in case of Bitcoin those are typically financial transactions, but more more use cases are growing with Ordinals and unique Sats)

Now. Imagine blockchain where NFT are stored. Just 2 basic points why all this idea is technically nonsense.

1/ Technical limitations - you can upload directly on blockchain megabytes of data, not eveh hundreds of kilobytes. So, for larger data (hires images, videos, songs, etc), you need to store those data on some storage and on blockchain is just some identifier. If data on external storage (completely detached from blockhain) are lost, ID on blockchain (which is only thing you own, you have in your wallet) becomes worthless. Really just pixel art is suitable for being directly stored on blockchain.
    Yes, you can store large data on decentralized file system too - but still the ownership record stored on blockchain is completely detached from data stored on some file sysstem. Two separated technologies which technically can't and never will directly communicate.

2/ Ownership / copyright management. Literally everybody can put something on public blockchain, so nobody prevents you from copying images of already released NFT and release it on your own (even on same blockchain or on different blockchain). To handle ownership / copyright, you simply need centralized authority, and in moment you need to insert centralized authority (middle man) in process, using of decentralized blockchain completely looses sense. If there is single point of failure - central autority who manages copyrigth - then whole thing may be stored on centralized server, which is actually much easier to manage, cause blockchain in general works very bad as database.

I am sad for authors who got fooled. I was very loud about my skepticism to NFT from very beginning (and got lot of backclash from crypto people). Same for Metaverse/Web3, i was laughing on those "revolitionary" web3 projects back in 2020/2021 and all crypto people were mad on me. Now it turned out that i was totally right :-D :-D Which doesn't mean there wasnt space for huge profits back then in 2021. Few people got super rich back then, most of people lost money.

• edited September 2023

@Milkyway1980 said:

@michael_m said:

@Milkyway1980 said:

Unfortunately, i was a believer when it started. Even made some money out of it, but then i felt ashamed when realized what it was

I saw all these notifications this morning and thought, "ugh, who actually started a shitty NFT thread here and spammed me"? Oops

• @AudioGus said:

@Milkyway1980 said:

@michael_m said:

@Milkyway1980 said:

I saw all these notifications this morning and thought, "ugh, who actually started a shitty NFT thread here and spammed me"? Oops

Ahahah i had same thoughts