Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Reelbus Problem

I’m I experiencing an issue using Reelbus on my iPhone.

Using Reelbus as an AU effect in GarageBand, I select a preset, adjust as desired, and everything sounds great. However, I’m finding that when I reopen the project at a later date Reelbus reverts back to “default”, as if I had never selected a preset, or made any other adjustments for that matter.

My iphone, GarageBand, and Reelbus are all up to date. Any help is greatly appreciated as always. Thanks.

Comments

• @AnalogCortex said:
    I’m I experiencing an issue using Reelbus on my iPhone. Using Reelbus as an AU, I select a preset, adjust as desired, and everything sounds great. However, I’m finding that when I reopen the project at a later date Reelbus reverts back to “default”, as if I had never selected a preset, or made any other adjustments for that matter.

My iphone and Reelbus are both up to date. Any help is greatly appreciated as always. Thanks.

Just asking, which host are you using, Audiobus or something else? And are you saving the project as a host preset?

• @uncledave said:

@AnalogCortex said:
    I’m I experiencing an issue using Reelbus on my iPhone. Using Reelbus as an AU, I select a preset, adjust as desired, and everything sounds great. However, I’m finding that when I reopen the project at a later date Reelbus reverts back to “default”, as if I had never selected a preset, or made any other adjustments for that matter.

My iphone and Reelbus are both up to date. Any help is greatly appreciated as always. Thanks.

Just asking, which host are you using, Audiobus or something else? And are you saving the project as a host preset?

Sorry, I should’ve specified that I’m using GarageBand (as always), applying Reelbus as an AU effect on a given track(s). Thanks.

• I’ve had the same problem with GarageBand and SynthMaster One. I think it’s an Apple problem.

• @animalelder said:
    I’ve had the same problem with GarageBand and SynthMaster One. I think it’s an Apple problem.

You’re correct. I contacted ToneBoosters and they concur.

• @AnalogCortex said:
    I’m I experiencing an issue using Reelbus on my iPhone.

Using Reelbus as an AU effect in GarageBand, I select a preset, adjust as desired, and everything sounds great. However, I’m finding that when I reopen the project at a later date Reelbus reverts back to “default”, as if I had never selected a preset, or made any other adjustments for that matter.

My iphone, GarageBand, and Reelbus are all up to date. Any help is greatly appreciated as always. Thanks.

Does it actually sound different, and are the knobs actually in the default position? Or does it sound the same but just the display of the preset name?

Some apps don't update a preset name (especially if you've made any changes) when they reload, but the actual controls are in the right positions and they sound OK. Others have actual problems with state saving.

Have you been able to try this in any other host?