Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Swing app

Is there an app to create swing of combined audio? Or does it work on a sequencer level?

Comments

• @sigma79 said:
    Is there an app to create swing of combined audio? Or does it work on a sequencer level?

I'd be surprised if an app could add swing to audio well, though who knows. Generally people do that at the midi level, there are a bunch of Mozaic scripts you can download for that though, one is called 'add swing' but there are others I can't remember the names of.

• wimwim
    edited February 2021

I'd say anything at the audio level is virtually nonexistent. It would be extremely difficult, and involve huge latency. The app would have to hear the music at least an 8th ahead, analyze the transients, do time stretch, etc. Realtime time stretch is tough to do with much quality too. Trying to do that on the fly ... ehh ... I can't even imagine it.

• wimwim
    edited February 2021

If it’s rhythmic content like drums or something with strong transients, you can slice up audio in BM3 with “slice to pads” and “create pattern” turned on. Then play back that pattern with swing turned up. Ymmv.

• edited February 2021

It usually works on a sequencer level. With MIDI it's easy, many sequencers have a swing amount knob to adjust.
    With audio, the usual way is to add slice points and sequence these so they follow the same swing amount.

Live audio can be shuffled too under one important condition: It must be in sync with Drambo's metronome.

• Silly question but thanks.

Started to use Drambo to record btw, so to create a DAW type of system in AUM. Use an iphone also for the green circle. This could help to stay within the grid, whilst even going off grid. Volca modular is great also.