Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Nu-Rack auv3 FX: How many parallel effect chains?

Hi guys,

Everything is in the title:
Up to how many parallel effect chains can we create in Nu-Rack?

Cheers,

Comments

• @ttk said:
    Hi guys,

Everything is in the title:
    Up to how many parallel effect chains can we create in Nu-Rack?

Cheers,

I believe it's 3, selected by the 3 dots at the left. Or you can use multi-input and have 3 separate channels. Of course, it's an AUv3, so you can use multiple instances to get more variety.

• ttkttk
    edited February 2021

I was thinking about using the splitter/mixer rather than the 3 available racks

• So... can someone using the app answer?

• @ttk said:
    So... can someone using the app answer?

I don't think there are any app-imposed limits. So, the answer depends on your device's capability and your ability to manage the complexity of a cascading split route chain that's represented linearly. It gets confusing real fast.

I just did a quick test setting up a chain of splitters and mixers. I only got about three deep before my eyes started to cross. I didn't even bother putting FX in there because I knew my old Air 2 wouldn't be a meaningful test for most people anyway.

• so i just got the app and i’m trying to figure out parallel chains. if i put a splitter in it attached the input , but one of the outputs remains open. how to a send that parallel chain back to the audio outpu of the app?

• wimwim
    edited February 2021

@eross said:
    so i just got the app and i’m trying to figure out parallel chains. if i put a splitter in it attached the input , but one of the outputs remains open. how to a send that parallel chain back to the audio outpu of the app?

You use a mixer node to do this.

Add the mixer with the plus button just to the left of the final speaker output. It will automatically connect one side to the module just before it. There will be an unused plus icon at the left of the mixer. Tap this, then tap an unused output from another module to connect it.

• @wim said:

@eross said:
    so i just got the app and i’m trying to figure out parallel chains. if i put a splitter in it attached the input , but one of the outputs remains open. how to a send that parallel chain back to the audio outpu of the app?

yeah, do i tap the mixer output node, and then to audio out node? or opposite order, or something else?

• @eross said:

@wim said:

@eross said:

yeah, do i tap the mixer output node, and then to audio out node? or opposite order, or something else?

Edited my post to clarify while you were typing. See above. If that doesn't help, then wade through the video below. I believe it's in there somewhere.

• I still can’t believe you can’t assign modulators to more than one parameter, seems madness to me

• @wim said:

@ttk said:
    So... can someone using the app answer?

I don't think there are any app-imposed limits. So, the answer depends on your device's capability and your ability to manage the complexity of a cascading split route chain that's represented linearly. It gets confusing real fast.

I just did a quick test setting up a chain of splitters and mixers. I only got about three deep before my eyes started to cross. I didn't even bother putting FX in there because I knew my old Air 2 wouldn't be a meaningful test for most people anyway.

OK, thanks for the answer!

• @Krupa said:
    I still can’t believe you can’t assign modulators to more than one parameter, seems madness to me

Can't you use a third party midi LFO app? like MidiLfo, Rozetta, ...

• wimwim
    edited February 2021

• @ttk said:

@Krupa said:
    I still can’t believe you can’t assign modulators to more than one parameter, seems madness to me

Can't you use a third party midi LFO app? like MidiLfo, Rozetta, ...

I think so but the main thing I was interested in was using the step/graphical sequencers output to mash up sounds, and having to have either multiples of them and/or draw the same data on several layers misses the usefulness that’s almost built into this. A mod matrix would be great, with +/-weighting for each parameter assigned...