Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Boron / 5 Electrons

edited February 2021 in Creations

2nd in the series. 5 electrons, 5 tracks. This was hard. 12 hours straight thru the night. I hope it was worth it. Atoms may be pretty small, but if you are much smaller they are just as majestic as the celestial bodies. This is my theme and context. Boron is used in rocket fuel, so, poetically, stardust returning home.

SWAM Euphonium, and Alteza’d Trombone, 2 tracks ModelD and a @Spidericemidas Continua preset (I would be lost without you, Spider!!

Comments

• Yep. It sure is a majestic universe on a tiny scale and the track still has that spacey universe feel. The Continua patch sounds good in this one. Nice work! 👍

• Thanks @Spidericemidas, your sound design always contributes to that. I substituted a remix here. The ModelD drone sound was too overbearing upon another listen.

• Wow.... I opted for the SWAM Fluegelhorn over the Trumpet since I tend to go for that
    more emotive tone over the trumpet's edge.

I could now see going for the Conical Euphonium over the cylindrical Trombone for
    a similar softness and expressive tone. You can hear a little mist in the tone... brass players
    always have to flush the horns from the moisture that accumulates on the cool metal surfaces. It's not spit but I'm sure you could get some DNA from it.

• I often play a game with long extended melodic lines. I call out "song fragments".

The first 4 notes fit "What Kind of Fool am I". This is the main theme.
    Then there's a variation that matches "Back Home in Indiana" for a several notes.
    And a 3 note pattern that conjures up "Maria".

I young song writer used to play me new songs to see if it sounded like anything currently
    in existence and I quickly learned to keep my mouth shut. 4-5 notes in common says more about me that it does the composition's uniqueness. Of course, if a song goes on to make millions it's up to the jury. It's safe to avoid success... no money to argue over.

• What’s Boron good for? Chemist needed.

• edited February 2021

@McD said:
    What’s Boron good for? Chemist needed.

In its straight up form it's used for fiberglass production and to strengthen space equipment and other expensive alloys that need to be heavily fortified. I think it's also a nutrient in plant cell walls. Otherwise I don't think it's used in medicine much unless you mix it with other stuff, maybe for antiseptics, but there are way better antiseptics out there... I'm not a chemist, just a serial obsessive googler and I'm extremely bored 😉

The jam was cool! Got 70s noir vibes.

• Yup... it looks like Boron has a lot of uses in glass, plastics and such to provide extra strength. Pyrex Glass uses it and new age Gold Club shafts use it.

The most important compounds of boron are boric (or boracic) acid, borax (sodium borate) and boric oxide. These can be found in eye drops, mild antiseptics, washing powders and tile glazes.

Boron seems to affect the way the body handles other minerals such as calcium, magnesium, and phosphorus. It also seems to increase estrogen levels in older (post-menopausal) women and healthy men. Estrogen is thought to be helpful in maintaining healthy bones and mental function. Boric acid, a common form of boron, can kill yeast that cause vaginal infections.

20 Mule Team Borax was mined it in a town called Boron, CA, I think. I got that from watching "Death Valley Days" in my youth. Here's some Colemanite from the Boron Mine:

• @McD ... I mentioned the most interesting usage as a component for the preignition of rocket fuel. Look up, McDuff.

• Consider this Rocket Man:

Plant biologists have long known that without boron, plants don't grow. The element is an essential nutrient.

I do seem to recall some brand of gas advertising Boron as an additive.

• I have a technical question about this music... did you generate a solo part and then
    use "cut and paste" copies to create the whole piece or do you just repeat these
    4 notes "What Kind of Fool am I" and "Back Home in Indiana" themes naturally in your
    performance?

Just curious and too lazy to do the comparisons for note-to-note analysis.

• @McD, I almost always repeat an improvisation unless it is more than four minutes. In this case I think I repeated four times. The fun is making a lot more out of it than initially occurred.