Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SL Mixface bluetooth Jammpro

Hi
I have just bought a SL Mixface, I find it will not connect under bluetooth on a ipad unless I connect to it inside a musical app, once I do it connects, is this normal?
I wanted to be able to use the buttons below the sliders to opperate other apps but it appears that these are connected to the mutes on AUM.
I wanted to be able to control the faders in JammPro but discover it can only see the Network Sesssion. I fired up Midifire and now it can see BT midi but still it does not respond to any input.
Any help wouldbe great many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Sorry another question - can I take a usb from the Mixface out marked “Host” and plug that back into the lightening port of the ipad? If so would it allow me to program the Mixface better?
    Sorry for been a newbie on midi

• Not sure I really understand what you are expecting to do with your Mixface but I have one and it is the perfect companion for Drambo for example. Check also this other thread https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/32807/looking-for-faders-sl-mixface

I can use Mixface with Bluetooth or usb directly on the lightning port, yes

• @Toastedghost said:
    Hi
    I have just bought a SL Mixface, I find it will not connect under bluetooth on a ipad unless I connect to it inside a musical app, once I do it connects, is this normal?
    I wanted to be able to use the buttons below the sliders to opperate other apps but it appears that these are connected to the mutes on AUM.
    I wanted to be able to control the faders in JammPro but discover it can only see the Network Sesssion. I fired up Midifire and now it can see BT midi but still it does not respond to any input.

Bluetooth connections for MIDI are handled in MIDI/audio applications. This is normal. If you are using a host that doesn’t have the Bluetooth connection panel, you can use the free MIDIMttr App or any other music app that has one. Once the device is connected, it will show up as an option in most apps that let you choose midi input/output devices.

JammPro lets you choose MIDI input devices on the MIDI page and any Bluetooth MIDI devices to which you have connected will show up there. It works fine for me.

Did you choose your Bluetooth device there after connecting it?

• @espiegel123 said:

@Toastedghost said:
    Hi

Bluetooth connections for MIDI are handled in MIDI/audio applications. This is normal. If you are using a host that doesn’t have the Bluetooth connection panel, you can use the free MIDIMttr App or any other music app that has one. Once the device is connected, it will show up as an option in most apps that let you choose midi input/output devices.

JammPro lets you choose MIDI input devices on the MIDI page and any Bluetooth MIDI devices to which you have connected will show up there. It works fine for me.

Got it working with Jammpro, the buttons below the faders are momentary, is there a way to make them toggle? Thnka for everyones help.

• @Toastedghost said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Toastedghost said:
    Hi

Got it working with Jammpro, the buttons below the faders are momentary, is there a way to make them toggle? Thanks for everyones help.

• Wow - I finally figured it out! You know that feeling when you think you have bought a duck, well that is how I felt at first with the Mixface, but after consulting this forum of excellent dudes and a lot of hair pulling, difficult when you are bald, I finally figured it out. The middle four slider, 5-8 below then are toogle switches and not momentary switches.Hey Presto I can now mute and unmute track, change their volumes and control the master volume. No wires just bluetooth. YIPPEE!!!!