Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Lyricist by 4Pockets.com - Released

2»

Comments

• @cuscolima said:
    Here is a track demoing a little bit of what is possible with Lyrisist. I think this is a cool way to figure out how your song would sound but of course it will not replace a real singer. Maybe it can be use to “outsource” the voice work and give the singer more accurate instructions on how you want it to be sung. Great app anyway, very inspiring. Enjoy.

Thank's for the demo. Nice track :smiley:
    I could also imagine combining the robotic voice with a real singer, e.g. as background vocals.

• @cuscolima said:
    Here is a track demoing a little bit of what is possible with Lyrisist...

This was awesome @cuscolima ! I kinda loved it... 😁

• @Hannes said:

@cuscolima said:
    Here is a track demoing a little bit of what is possible with Lyrisist. I think this is a cool way to figure out how your song would sound but of course it will not replace a real singer. Maybe it can be use to “outsource” the voice work and give the singer more accurate instructions on how you want it to be sung. Great app anyway, very inspiring. Enjoy.

I could also imagine combining the robotic voice with a real singer, e.g. as background vocals.

Very good idea. I would have tried but I really cannot sing. You are welcome if you want to try

@oddSTAR thanks a lot my friend

• @cuscolima said:
    Here is a track demoing a little bit of what is possible with Lyricist. I think this is a cool way to figure out how your song would sound but of course it will not replace a real singer. Maybe it can be use to “outsource” the voice work and give the singer more accurate instructions on how you want it to be sung. Great app anyway, very inspiring. Enjoy.

Well done on a wonderful track. The same dev Paul, who also made Nurack, which has a Talkbox effect and a Vocoda effect. How much different is this app?
    I can already using Talkr app make spoken word parts using voices and can then take those and apply effects.

• new update really opens this this up for vocoding and sound design. very cool

• Shame on me.... I spent a few Merry hours last night programming the filthiest lyrics I could think of; I mean really vile stuff and giggling like a loon. The results sounded like Imogen Heap crossed with Catherine Tate’s Nan character.
    Immature, I know, but tremendous fun!

• New video from 4pockets:

This video covers the new additions and bug fixes since the initial release of Lyricist for iOS. We cover the two new remote modes added to this version as well as how to record live lyrics into the software.

• The new remote modes are awesome if you feed a spoken word station from Radio Unit and modulate with Autony / Riffer - even better if you add in a synth like Factory / FRMS...

Paul doesn't mention the loop mode in the video, but that's also very useful...!

• @enkaytee said:
    The new remote modes are awesome if you feed a spoken word station from Radio Unit and modulate with Autony / Riffer - even better if you add in a synth like Factory / FRMS...

This sounds like some crazy wizzardry but I'm not familiar enough with those apps to know what you're saying. Got a video of this?

Also.... I'm seeing that you can input midi to affect what notes are played. But the words and syllables themselves just play on their own. Is there any way to make it so if I press a key, it plays the next word? So I can 'freestyle' so to speak over different beats? I've got a vocoder in my RC505 loop station that lets me do something similar with my trumpet but not quite. It would be really nice to do it with this program

• Looks great now with latest update. So tempted

• @cuscolima said:

@Hannes said:

@cuscolima said:

Very good idea. I would have tried but I really cannot sing. You are welcome if you want to try

@oddSTAR thanks a lot my friend

I would if I could. Singing is one of the things regarding music where I'm far behind my own expectations.
    But I'm working on it (lower my expectations ;)

• edited February 2021

@louis said:

@enkaytee said:
    The new remote modes are awesome if you feed a spoken word station from Radio Unit and modulate with Autony / Riffer - even better if you add in a synth like Factory / FRMS...

This sounds like some crazy wizzardry but I'm not familiar enough with those apps to know what you're saying. Got a video of this?

Also.... I'm seeing that you can input midi to affect what notes are played. But the words and syllables themselves just play on their own. Is there any way to make it so if I press a key, it plays the next word? So I can 'freestyle' so to speak over different beats? I've got a vocoder in my RC505 loop station that lets me do something similar with my trumpet but not quite. It would be really nice to do it with this program

Demo here:

Autony is feeding random notes to Quantichord which is then sending chords to Quanta synth as the carrier for Lyricist. The spoken word voicing is coming from Radio Unit and then to a multi bus audio unit instance of Lyricist - Paul describes how to set this up in his latest video. The other midi processors on the channel aren't doing anything in this example but are all good ways of sending midi to the carrier synth.

• So, I have finally decided to send my Lyricist robotic-voice song to a real singer and asked her to replace the robot. I really enjoyed the process and I think that Lyricist has helped unblocking something in the way I was trying to integrate voice. Let me know what you think about this way to create a song

The human version

The robot version

• So someone bought it ?
    Is it a good choice ?
    Thanks

• Here’s a video tour by the developer

• Anyone having any issues with this? Any time I try to change the lyrics or the voice the app crashes or freezes up. Essentially making it useless. Kind of a bummer as I used to really like this app.

• I am having issues with Lyricist; both the app and auv3 (in Aum) crash when I try to save or preview a lyric. I'm on iPadOS 17.0.3. Is anyone else having this issue?

• Confirmed, reported to developer.

• @GRiker said:
    Confirmed, reported to developer.

Thanks!

• @husht_mum said:
    I am having issues with Lyricist; both the app and auv3 (in Aum) crash when I try to save or preview a lyric. I'm on iPadOS 17.0.3. Is anyone else having this issue?

I’ve had lots of issues with this app over the last few months. Wasn’t there an update recently? I guess it’s broken again.