Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Nitrogen / 7 Electrons

edited February 2021 in Creations

At @McD’s excellent suggestion I begin exploring the periodic table. Very fitting since I recently completed a journey to the planets. Now a trip thru inner space. I will gear the tracks to the number of electrons if I can. Hence 7 tracks for 7 electrons.

2 tracks ModelD, a crystalline @Spidericemidas LaGrange preset, Pipa, WorldSynth, BASSalicious,
Module Choir.

Comments

• Enjoyed that one @LinearLineman , made me think of Snowflakes are Dancing by Tomita from the 70’s. It has to be said that you must be in your element now😉

• That Model D patch definately conjures up Tomita. It's that fast vibrato and the Moog tone.

It floats nicely over a lovely bed of great synth products.

Nitrogen is an amazing element with so many interesting uses... it helps feed 50% of the world. Without the Haber-Bosch process we wouldn't sustain this level of population.

It also releases tremendous amounts of energy in chemical reaction and binds with Oxygen to make laughing gas: Bombs and a good laugh or at least a nice nap?

• Wonderful as always, what do you use to sequence the notes? Sequencer or played live?
    Yes Tomita,
    God I remember now.

• @GeoTony, yes, Tomita. @rs2000 introduced me to him. I wasn’t consciously trying to emulate him, tho. I think I will continue with Tomita like stuff, however, if I can.
    @Toastedghost, all my stuff is improvised, tho I do some midi editing afterwards to spruce it up. I always use Cubasis3 to record.

@McD, in answer to your PMd question. The electron idea came after. My intention was Hydrogen initially. So I wanted something gaseous and with a sense of particles. Micro pitch delay helped eith the cloud feeling and @Spidericemidas’ patch evoked the particle idea. I was also summoning the majesty of the submicroscopic with the choir. Nano celestial work, after all. I was fortunate looking up the 7 electron element that it was a gas as well. Going to avoid Uranium, I think. 92 tracks would be problematic! So elements such as Carbon are more in line. Thanks for the idea.

• Generating musical analogies to atomic parameters is an interesting exercise.

Following the lead of creatives... anything that stimulates you to produce output is
    valuable.

I do think Uranium inspires a specific set of musical metaphors and should be included.
    We won't hold you to anything a constricting as "electrons" = "DAW Tracks".

The 7 electron structure of Nitrogen makes it the 2nd most powerful bond in nature.
    Atoms want to reach an out valance of 8 electrons and 2 Nitrogens can share 1 electron and
    be stable as N(sub)2. Breaking that bond to make ammonia was key chemical process that led to the ability to fertilize more crops and feed more of the world's starting masses.
    Feeding them where they live helps reduce the huddled masses yearning to be free.

A looser poetic interpretation for your album is not a bad idea. Which elements can you relate to?

We are the children of the atomic age with the input of applied physics: computers,
    nuclear power and weapons and petroleum refineries.

My kids are the children of the DNA age with bioinformatics as the core technology.
    Just in time for a global pandemic... they learned to program DNA and mRNA using
    CRISPR gene splicing. Without that skill we'd just accept the old school approach to
    a virus... the reduction of the herd.

• I hope you realize that some here would get very excited by the prospect of 7 Elektrons:

• @McD Great suggestion! @LinearLineman Love that synth lead. This exercise is going to perfectly compliment your Planets suite. Looking forward to the next Element. 👍

• Thanks @Spidericemidas. There was a book “The Power of Ten” which showed the world in quantum leaps from the microcosmic to the macrocosmic exponentially. I guess I am attempting that, but not in a literal way. I’m trying to make the extremely small majestic... like the planets.