Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iPad 2 - Can’t update apps anymore

Since a while my iPad 2 (2011) running ios9 can no longer update apps.
The store lists al the available updates but when I I hit the update icon it gives the error down here.
Tried: restarting, signing out/in store, signing out/in iCloud. Enough GBs free.
Anyone else having this?

Comments

• How long has the device been 'un-used'. I recall Apple issued an iOS update even for the old devices some time ago.
    Might need to hook it to a computer and update iOS first and try later?

It's a minor bump like from iOS9.3.5 to 9.3.6 or 9.3.7 or something like that for the really old devices.

Another one would be that the AppStore doesn't find a compatible binary to push to your device.
    Don't know how often AppStore processes the binaries for each iPad model so the error might very well be like 'wait for a few days and try again' ;)

• It’s been used every few months. Running 9.3.5 and up to date according to settings. Always updated it through wifi and never any mention of an iOS update available last few years.
    I see 9.3.6 but that seems for cellular models.

Don’t know when this started but at least weeks ago (perhaps months?)

• @R_2 said:
    It’s been used every few months. Running 9.3.5 and up to date according to settings. Always updated it through wifi and never any mention of an iOS update available last few years.
    I see 9.3.6 but that seems for cellular models.

Don’t know when this started but at least weeks ago (perhaps months?)

Couple of suggestions. First the AppStore has been updated in the last month or so, associated with iOS 14 and the new privacy reporting requirement for devs. They may have made a change incompatible with the older AppStore app.

Second, try searching for one of the apps with updates. Open the app description page. It should show (Update). Try using that. Note that the search results will always show (Open); (Update) only appears on the app page itself.

Finally, are there actually new updates for your 32-bit device? I thought everything was 64-bit now.

• I am having a similar behaviour on an iPad 4 running iOS 10.3.3 since the start of february. Some 32 bits apps are still receiving updates (like GR-16 - thanks Jim!) and the updates are installed withouth problems. But some apps I once had installed and tried to download it again I am not able to download now, with the same message @R_2 received. Some apps ask me to download an older version but others simply refuse to download. It seems that some older 32 bit versions of apps were removed from the app store (Twitter app seems to be one of those) 🙁

• @uncledave Tried updating from the app description page, same error message.
    Can’t even update Apple’s own ‘find my iPhone’ app (version 4.0, sep 2014).

I’m not seeing many apps in the update list, so i assume it only lists the ones compatible with this device.

• @andrevjunqueira said:
    I am having a similar behaviour on an iPad 4 running iOS 10.3.3 since the start of february. Some 32 bits apps are still receiving updates (like GR-16 - thanks Jim!) and the updates are installed withouth problems. But some apps I once had installed and tried to download it again I am not able to download now, with the same message @R_2 received. Some apps ask me to download an older version but others simply refuse to download. It seems that some older 32 bit versions of apps were removed from the app store (Twitter app seems to be one of those) 🙁

That’s not the same as my issue, I can’t update any app.

• Yeah. Find my Phone is now part of the system, not a separate app download. I suspect that your AppStore app doesn't use protocols that the server will tolerate. You can't update your AppStore, and they won't downgrade the server, so stalemate. Looks like "stabilization" may have finally taken hold.

• Well, went into settings and changed some things. Among them I set apps and app updates to automatic and all available updates started updating. Guess that did it.
    Expect for “Find my iPhone” which still gives the message above, good job Apple..

• @R_2 said:
    Well, went into settings and changed some things. Among them I set apps and app updates to automatic and all available updates started updating. Guess that did it.
    Expect for “Find my iPhone” which still gives the message above, good job Apple..

Thank you.
    My iPad2 can update now that I followed your lead.
    😊