Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Looptical on sale ($4,99)

Comments

• edited April 2014

Ooh, I only just addd this to my Appshopper wish-list last night but I've just been on an app spending spree with Effectrix and Sektor. I'll have a look at some vids (and probably just buy it anyway). :-)

• Two days after you recommended it to me and I purchased it... It goes on sale! Bummer.

If you don't own it, you should! Especially at this price. Packed full of great sounds and instruments and has automation. All this on my iphone! I've been playing with it for the past couple days and am very impressed.

• Sorry to hear that, but keep in mind it was already on sale, so it was a surprise to me too.

• @oblique - Once you watch the developer's vids, you will buy it. He showcases the app brilliantly.

• I wish I could download his musical ability too! How does it compare to BM2? I bought that when it was on sale at 2.99 and have used it loads more than I thought I would.

• edited April 2014

@fjcblanco either way I'm completely satisfied and appreciate the recommendation.

@Oblique I actually have used BM2 and feel that Looptical is a little more streamlined than BM2. I'm not saying this as a knock but my work flow just never "flowed" in BM2. Looptical on the other hand just makes sense to ME. Both are very good.

Also take @Seangarland 's advice and watch the YouTube videos from MooCowMusic (the dev) and Doug (@thesoundtestroom). That's what really sold me on buying Looptical.

• Has anyone here created their own custom instrument on Looptical? I downloaded it and really like the drumpad implementation, so I decided to create some custom pad setups using some drum samples I purchased recently from the Loop Loft.
    I've created a custom pad setup of nothing but various Hi Hat samples ( open, half open and open with various strikes), and although I've set the samples to all share the same group (group 1), none of the samples are cutting off the other samples, like you'd want Hi Hats to do....an open sample being cut off by a closed sample, for instance. I'm wondering if I've missed something, or if this is a bug in the newest release?
    I posted in the Looptical forum about this a few days ago, but so far no response.
    Any personal experience in this area would be very helpful.

• On sale again: $4,99