Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Lyricist AUv3 Plugin for iPad by 4pockets - Coming soon

edited February 2021 in General App Discussion

Lyricist is an AUv3 plugin designed to add lyrics to your song. Lyrics can be spoken using the iOS built in speech synthesizer or passed through the included TalkBox effect to give a more computerised singing voice. An optional vocal doubling effect can also be enabled to create a wider stereo vocal. Lyrics are pieced together into song parts (verse, chorus, bridge etc).

These parts can then be pieced together into a song, specifying an order of play and exact position at which each part is to play. You can choose between many voices that are included with your iOS device, or optionally download more natural speaking voices within your iOS accessibility settings. These downloaded voices become available to Lyricist, allowing you to choose the gender and regional accent of the voice,

Lots classic songs were made famous by their inclusion of the spoken word. Bands such as Kraftwerk and singers such as Laurie Anderson and Imogen Heap had big hits over the years using either pure computerised vocals, or vocoders.

Comments

• Wow, suggested using the apple voices and apply pitch a few weeks ago on his youtube, that was fast!

• This is awesome !

• I am so excited for this!

• Instabuy.... keep making vocoder type vocal fx, and I’ll keep purchasing them!

• edited February 2021

This is a great idea.

But I'd really like to see an additional Midi play function added for using individual played Midi Notes to trigger word playback.. using the pitchs and tempos of the played notes.

That way you could use it like a talk-box with any synth sound you'd choose to run through it... Playing a note on your synth uses the note-on Midi message to trigger one word per key strike from your word list.

With that method, each subsequent note you play on your synth, triggers the next word on the list. You could then play melodies where every individually played note "sings a word", in the order the words are entered on the list.

ie.. Use the first words in this post as an example....

I play a C note on my keyboard, and..."This"... is "Sung" at the pitch of C using the sound of a patch I selected on my synth (talk box style).

Next I play an E note.. The word "is" speaks.
    Next I play an G note.. The word "a" speaks.
    Next I play an E note.. The word "great" speaks.
    Next I play an C note.. The word "idea" speaks.

I can now easily "Sing" a list of words by playing a melody using varying note lengths, tempo, and pauses, using my keyboard. All I need is to write down a list of the lyrics to be "sung".

Chords could be handled using a user adjustable global time delay setting after each tigger note midi event. This prevents advancement to the next word for any additional notes entered during the set time delay period. Once the delay period expires, the next played note becomes a trigger for the next word on the list.