Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiobus/AUM compatible VIDEO recorder app?

Audio is always a weak point in phone video, I'm wondering if anyone has a video recorder app for ios that can take the output of audiobus or AUM and use that as the source for the audio track? Yes you can record separately and monkey around syncing it up in a video editor, but something fast, where you could just pipe in the good audio would be the bee's knees.

IK multimedia had a video recorder that was compatible, but it looks from the reviews like they broke it the last update.

I'd gotten the built in ios video recorder to work with an external audio interface coming in the cck, but it is very fickle on the order things get plugged in and started, and worse, there's no clue if you're using the interface or the internal mics, until you play it back, it's easy to wreck the video. And there is no meter to see if you're clipping. I saw there were some other video apps that claim to be able to use an interface and have a meter for the audio.

The ultimate would be to use audiobus or aum though, on say, an external mic, so you could process the mic, EQ, compressor, add line in, soft synths if you're doing a music thing, whatever, and what you hear is what goes on the video and you're done. Is it out there? If not, how are you getting good audio for your videos?

Comments