Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loopy HD

I have a problem, I can’t import samples into loopy hd anymore. 😬 I share to AudioShare and edit the sample but I can’t open in loopy, it’s not an alternative.

Comments

• you can copy the file from audioshare to the general pasteboard and from there paste it into a loopy track using the import function in a loopy-track.

• One tip I've also come across is to just 'copy' in the Files.app and paste.
    I use all the time with the ReSlice AUv3.

Seems like Files.app uses the general paste board for copy & paste.

• @Samu said:
    One tip I've also come across is to just 'copy' in the Files.app and paste.

What is the trick for getting Loopy to import from the pasteboard. Quite often when I have audio data on the general pasteboard, Import in Loopy is not showing the pasteboard as an option in the import window. But sometimes it does. Running iOS 13.7.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Samu said:
    One tip I've also come across is to just 'copy' in the Files.app and paste.

What is the trick for getting Loopy to import from the pasteboard. Quite often when I have audio data on the general pasteboard, Import in Loopy is not showing the pasteboard as an option in the import window. But sometimes it does. Running iOS 13.7.

Don't know I'm running iOS/iPadOS14 if that should matter?
    I just long tap on an audio file in the Files.app and select copy.

In Loopy I long tap on a loop slot, tap import and the top choice is 'Clipboard', I tap 'General Pasteboard' and the file is imported. Just tried with a bunch of files without any issues...

I use the exact same procedure for ReSlice and a few other apps.

Hope you'll get it to work!
    /Samuel

• Mmm, that’s interesting. Generally this happens if file format cannot be open by that app. Loopy accepts AIFF and WAV AFAIK. Can you check the file isn’t a compressed format or something?

It’s working fine on my end. Latest iOS

• Ah ok, i see it’s an aiff. Did you try converting it to wav? Also the edit button on the top right of the dialog, does that list loopy?

• @supadom said:
    Ah ok, i see it’s an aiff. Did you try converting it to wav? Also the edit button on the top right of the dialog, does that list loopy?

It must be related to the iOS bugthat results in targets not showing up in the share sheet when they should as I am following a procedure I've done imas recently as a week ago... has as Samu mentioned and pasteboard doesn't show up.

BUT, I just noticed that if I put a file or folder in Loopy's home folder that they are listed in the Import panel.