Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

GeoShred Questions

Comments

• @Montreal_Music said:
    Is there a way to midi map the up and down presets buttons?

You mean the vertical sliding controllers on the top control row? That's a good question.

• @NeuM said:

@Montreal_Music said:

You mean the vertical sliding controllers on the top control row? That's a good question.

Just the buttons to change the presets 1 to 512 or somethings...

• @Montreal_Music said:

Program Change. However in MIDI there are only 127 programs/bank, so it's best to use the curated setlists and NOT All Presets which is just a pool of all the presets.

• @moForte said:

@Montreal_Music said:

Program Change. However in MIDI there are only 127 programs/bank, so it's best to use the curated setlists and NOT All Presets which is just a pool of all the presets.

Wait, I thought you are asking about the preset flipper.

Are you talking about all the controls on the control surface. They are all mapped to MIDI. If you want to see the MIDI Mapping for any particular control go to "Menu> Control Surface" Select a control and tap on MIDI.

• @moForte said:

@moForte said:

@Montreal_Music said:

Are you talking about all the controls on the control surface. They are all mapped to MIDI. If you want to see the MIDI Mapping for any particular control go to "Menu> Control Surface" Select a control and tap on MIDI.

Thank you. Yes I was talking about the flipper to browse the presets to go to preset 1 to 2 to 3 etc.

• @moForte said:

@moForte said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@moForte said:

@moForte said:

@Montreal_Music said:

Does not seems to work.

I tried to midi map a knob on my Novation Launch Control to control the volume in GS.

Control Surface, double click on volume.
    Click on midi. Click learn. Turn the knob on my controller. Knob detected. Click back and close and now the knob does nothing.
    Each time I turn my knob there is a green light in GS to let me know that GS has receive a midi signal, but the volume is not control by the knob.

• @Montreal_Music have you tried saving the preset after you’ve done your changes? Works for me (using an LFO) only after I’ve saved.

• @GeoTony said:
    @Montreal_Music have you tried saving the preset after you’ve done your changes? Works for me (using an LFO) only after I’ve saved.

It seems to work on 10% of the patchs, not sure why. I'm in Linnstrument Multi midi mode.

• Not sure what to suggest… one for Pat ( @moForte ) I think?

• @GeoTony said:
    Not sure what to suggest… one for Pat ( @moForte ) I think?

I don't want to waste your time, factors can be multiples, I will continue to investiguate on my side. It's weird because sometimes it works so I guess that I understand how to do it but not on every patch.

I click learn to midi map my knob, turn the knob, Geoshred snap recognize the knob and tell me it's like cc87. I unclick learn, close the tab, save the preset, turn the knob and nothing happen.

• @Montreal_Music said:

@GeoTony said:

I don't want to waste your time, factors can be multiples, I will continue to investiguate on my side. It's weird because sometimes it works so I guess that I understand how to do it but not on every patch.

I click learn to midi map my knob, turn the knob, Geoshred snap recognize the knob and tell me it's like cc87. I unclick learn, close the tab, save the preset, turn the knob and nothing happen.

Montreal Music,

I see the source of the problem. There is a fence post error triggered by the use of MIDI Learn. This video shows the problem and how to work around it. We will fix it in the next bug fix release.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9mtd8dxdnkym00l/MIDI Learn-Program Change.mov?dl=0

Not that we don't monitor the Audio Bus Forum every day. If you really need help it's best to reach out to [email protected] (the support email listed for GeoShred in the App Store). Or even better go to "Menu> Help> Report a Problem ... ".

If you reach out to us I usually respond within a few minutes during working hours.

Thanks,

Pat Scandalis
    CEO/CTO moForte Inc, the creator of GeoShred.

• @moForte said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@GeoTony said:

Montreal Music,

I see the source of the problem. There is a fence post error triggered by the use of MIDI Learn. This video shows the problem and how to work around it. We will fix it in the next bug fix release.

Not that we don't monitor the Audio Bus Forum every day. If you really need help it's best to reach out to [email protected] (the support email listed for GeoShred in the App Store). Or even better go to "Menu> Help> Report a Problem ... ".

If you reach out to us I usually respond within a few minutes during working hours.

Thanks,

Pat Scandalis

Thank you Pat, that's awesome! Do you know when the new version will be uploaded in the AppStore?

• @Montreal_Music said:

@moForte said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@GeoTony said:

Montreal Music,

Thanks,

Pat Scandalis

Thank you Pat, that's awesome! Do you know when the new version will be uploaded in the AppStore?

We do regular bug fix releases. We just did one yesterday. I'm not sure when we will do the next one. Nick and I need to discuss internally. The source of the fence post error seems to be opening the control surface editor and using MIDI Learn. In the mean time there is the workaround shown in the video: switch the MIDI configuration to None/LinnStrument Multi 2 times.

-pat

• @Montreal_Music said:

@moForte said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@GeoTony said:

Montreal Music,

Thanks,

Pat Scandalis

Montreal Music, further investigation. You do not need to do that flipping between MIDI configurations. A simple save of the preset after a learn will address the problem. The bug is that the preset is not being "dirtied" (text goes from white to red) when a MIDI mapping is made. We will fix that, but I think in the mean time just saving your preset after a learn will do the trick.

-pat

• edited May 2023

Other question.

I'm on a patch of a Swam instruments and I have set my Linnstrument the way I like and each time every 10 sec I have a popup saying: "Presets using GeoSWAM instruments can be performed from the ...."

Each time I click OK and the popup comeback 10 sec laters. Is there a way to play the patch the way I want without this popup showing each 10 sec?

Thanks

• That looks like the message you get if you’re controller is sending on channel 1. The GeoSWAM instruments need to be receiving on channel 2 or above

• @GeoTony said:
    That looks like the message you get if you’re controller is sending on channel 1. The GeoSWAM instruments need to be receiving on channel 2 or above

Same problem on channel 2 or 3 or 4.

• Maybe a dumb question that’s been answered somewhere in the thread but is there a difference between Geoshred Play and Control once you’ve bought the full unlock? I got the paid upgrade within Play so I feel like control is just taking up an extra 500mb on my storage unless it has extra MIDI capability that Play doesn’t?

• @Montreal_Music said:

@GeoTony said:
    That looks like the message you get if you’re controller is sending on channel 1. The GeoSWAM instruments need to be receiving on channel 2 or above

Same problem on channel 2 or 3 or 4.

I think the problem was that I were on Midi Mode "chan per note".

By switching the midi mode to "One chan", I think I solved the problem.

• edited May 2023

@HotStrange said:
    Maybe a dumb question that’s been answered somewhere in the thread but is there a difference between Geoshred Play and Control once you’ve bought the full unlock? I got the paid upgrade within Play so I feel like control is just taking up an extra 500mb on my storage unless it has extra MIDI capability that Play doesn’t?

Control without the unlock is just a midi controller

I don't know about the Play + Unlock, but I have the Control + Unlock Pro Features and it's the same as Geoshred Pro.

• @Montreal_Music said:

@HotStrange said:
    Maybe a dumb question that’s been answered somewhere in the thread but is there a difference between Geoshred Play and Control once you’ve bought the full unlock? I got the paid upgrade within Play so I feel like control is just taking up an extra 500mb on my storage unless it has extra MIDI capability that Play doesn’t?

Control without the unlock is just a midi controller

I don't know about the Play + Unlock, but I have the Control + Unlock Pro Features and it's the same as Geoshred Pro.

Play + unlock is the same as Geoshred Pro as well. So I’m guessing it has all the same features as Play. The only difference is the interface for play has a couple of midi CC sliders by default, but I’m sure they can be assigned in Play as they both do function as AU midi controllers. I just wanted to make sure play+ doesn’t have any less features than control

• @HotStrange said:

Geoshred Play + Unlock = Geoshred Control + Unlock = Geoshred Pro

• Hi Pat @moForte - may I ask about preset search function which as of last year was supposed to arrive mid-term? Is it coming along?

Geoshred appears to forget the selected preset when used in Logic Pro for iPad, resetting to the first one in the list every time I reopen the project, which is a stark reminder for the need of a proper search function. I mean, there's only so many times you want to hear your subtle tenor Sax solo shredded instead when you click play* :)

(*About half the time the geoshred track produces no sound at all after reopening the Logic project BTW, which might be related - or another thing to look at?)

• @Montreal_Music said:

@HotStrange said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@HotStrange said:

Thanks! Looks like I can clear some space on my iPad then haha

• I recently saw a 20% OFF for the Swam bundle in Geoshred if you own a Linnstrument. I own a Linnstrument, but I already have 2 Swam. The code will not work on individual purshase inside Geoshred I guess? Violon and Flute would be a good addition to my collection.

• edited May 2023

@HotStrange said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@HotStrange said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@HotStrange said:

The best is to go for Geoshred Pro unless you got Swam instruments and use Geoshred play just to control them inside a Daw …

With Geoshred Pro I got many instruments inside mainly indians instruments and you got swam Geoshred instruments IAP each less expensive around $17 if I remember , I bought the sax tenor. The IAP can only be play inside Geoshred. But far less expensive.

• @BerlinFx said:

@HotStrange said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@HotStrange said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@HotStrange said:

The best is to go for Geoshred Pro unless you got Swam instruments and use Geoshred play just to control them inside a Daw …

With Geoshred Pro I got many instruments inside mainly indians instruments and you got swam Geoshred instruments IAP each less expensive around $17 if I remember , I bought the sax tenor. The IAP can only be play inside Geoshred. But far less expensive.

Geoshred Play + the unlock is the same as Geoshred Pro, so we have the same thing. I agree though, it’s excellent. I use it more for midi than anything else but the built in sounds are great too.

• @Montreal_Music said:
    Other question.

I'm on a patch of a Swam instruments and I have set my Linnstrument the way I like and each time every 10 sec I have a popup saying: "Presets using GeoSWAM instruments can be performed from the ...."

Each time I click OK and the popup comeback 10 sec laters. Is there a way to play the patch the way I want without this popup showing each 10 sec?

Thanks

The GeoSWAM instruments are designed to work with MPE. The message that you are getting means that you are sending notes on Channel 1 which is the MPE Manager Channel and not for notes. Roger has a one button setup to put your controller into MPE mode. It's shown here in this application note video at 2:02:

Note that I only check the Audio Bus forum once a week. If you reach out to us directly I usually respond in a few hours. [email protected] or in GeoShred "Menu> Help> Report a Problem".

• @HotStrange said:

GeoShred Play+Pro (Blue Icon), GeoShred Control+Pro (Orange Icon) and GeoShred Pro (Green Icon) are identical. Apple does not allow developers to convert one app to another. What the Pro upgrades do, is turn on all the Pro features.

If you have Play+Pro you do not need Control. Further it's not a good ideal to have more than one GeoShred on your device because they all share the same Auv3 PluginID to assist with migrating DAW projects from one GeoShred to another.

Here is a table comparing all the GeoShreds (Page 2)

https://www.moforte.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/GeoShred-5-one-sheet.pdf

• @ervin said:
    Hi Pat @moForte - may I ask about preset search function which as of last year was supposed to arrive mid-term? Is it coming along?

Geoshred appears to forget the selected preset when used in Logic Pro for iPad, resetting to the first one in the list every time I reopen the project, which is a stark reminder for the need of a proper search function. I mean, there's only so many times you want to hear your subtle tenor Sax solo shredded instead when you click play* :)

(*About half the time the geoshred track produces no sound at all after reopening the Logic project BTW, which might be related - or another thing to look at?)

Ervin, We have heard about this problem reported, but have never been able to reproduce it. Can you assist us with tracking down a reproducible use case?

Search will be part of a total re-write of preset management. We do not have a time frame yet for that but it's a big project.