Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

GeoShred as a controller

Not sure if that is the correct terminology but just messing about trying to understand and learn what GeoShred / AUM can do.
This has GeoShred controlling more than one instrument i.e. top e string is controlling SWAM, bottom E string is controlling a pad in BeatHawk and remaining 4 strings are controlling another instance of GeoShred.
In addition buttons C5 and C6 are enabling and disabling SWAM Trumpet and SWAM Tuba on AUM channels 5 and 6.

Comments

• @GeoTony said:
    Not sure if that is the correct terminology but just messing about trying to understand and learn what GeoShred / AUM can do.
    This has GeoShred controlling more than one instrument i.e. top e string is controlling SWAM, bottom E string is controlling a pad in BeatHawk and remaining 4 strings are controlling another instance of GeoShred.
    In addition buttons C5 and C6 are enabling and disabling SWAM Trumpet and SWAM Tuba on AUM channels 5 and 6.

Very cool! Some nice sounds you got going there :)

• edited February 2021

Nice one Tony, didn't realise you could set up each row to control different instruments. What do you have to do to set it like that?

• Very cool. Didn't know you can switch like that.

• What? Teach us how to divide the keyboard up.

When you play chords are you accurately hitting each of those notes using 4-6 fingers? It looks that way.
    If you are can you provide tips on iPad ergonomics... flat surface, I assume. On your lap or a tabletop?

• @Gavinski , In MPE Channel mode (possibly others, not sure), top e goes to Midi channel 2, B string to 3 etc till bottom E goes to 7. So you just need to select the channel in AUM to map the chosen instrument(s) to the chosen string(s)
    @seonnthaproducer , neither did I till I tried it. I think basically if you add a Midi Out control to the GeoShred playing surface and choose the appropriate cc etc (not my strong area this!) then you can use the AUM Midi Control to map GS to any of the exposed AUM values / parameters. So you could probably have sliders on GS changing the AUM volume, reverb etc without having to switch to AUM. Think largely you are restricted only by the available control surface area in GS.

• @McD , not sure how much accuracy there was😊 Only going very slow to demo the setup rather than the playing. Just on lap for this one. GS is a blessing for me as I have arthritis in my hands which ended my (very average) guitar playing days years ago. I can’t bend my fingers enough to get more than a dithery note out of one string. With GS however the limited up and down movements are fine for the 6 or 7 vaguely usable digits that I have. I don’t think enough is said about the use of technology such as IPads for music making for people that have diminished physical functionality... end of story👍🏻

• Nice one Tony. Yes, you can set up any sliders etc in geoshred to send out ccs.y second video on sw apps looked at that for swam, but same principle can be applied to sending any ccs to any app.

Great that the ipad has helped with your ability to play music.

• @GeoTony said:

Tony, it's really heart warming to hear that GeoShred is enabling you to play music. If you have questions about how to set it up as a MIDI controller, please feel free to drop us a note at [email protected].

In MPE mode

• All the control surface controls are sent to channel 1 the Manager Channel (formerly known as the master channel. The MIDI Association as agreed to change the terminology).

• If in Performance Settings, "String Mode" Each string is sent to channels 2-7, with the top most string being channel 2. This is MIDI Mode 4, Omni Off/Mono.
      • If in Performance Settings, "Poly Mode" each note is sent on channels 2-16. This is MIDI Mode 3 Omni Off/Poly.

In Multi Mode

• All the control surface controls are sent to channel all channels listed in the MIDI Configuration.

• If in Performance Settings, "String Mode" Each string is sent to channels 1-6, with the top most string being channel 1. This is MIDI Mode 4, Omni Off/Mono.
      • If in Performance Settings, "Poly Mode" each note is sent on channels 1-16. This is MIDI Mode 3 Omni Off/Poly.

Here is a video that I did that assigns a different voice in iSymphonic to each string which is on it's own channel:

• @GeoTony said:
    @McD , not sure how much accuracy there was😊 Only going very slow to demo the setup rather than the playing. Just on lap for this one. GS is a blessing for me as I have arthritis in my hands which ended my (very average) guitar playing days years ago. I can’t bend my fingers enough to get more than a dithery note out of one string. With GS however the limited up and down movements are fine for the 6 or 7 vaguely usable digits that I have. I don’t think enough is said about the use of technology such as IPads for music making for people that have diminished physical functionality... end of story👍🏻

Just seen this. Really made me smile. Thanks for sharing.

• I can't wait to try this. Thanks for sharing.