Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

IOS Update 14.4

Recently did the latest apple update. Anyone having problems ? No idea if it’s related but purchased midiecho and AUM doesn’t find it no matter how I search within AUM. Also Grand Piano is crashing and needed to be reloaded anytime I change to a different screen while using AUM

Comments

• @jgm12 said:
    Recently did the latest apple update. Anyone having problems ? No idea if it’s related but purchased midiecho and AUM doesn’t find it no matter how I search within AUM. Also Grand Piano is crashing and needed to be reloaded anytime I change to a different screen while using AUM

Forgive me if this is too obvious a suggestion, but just checking that you did look for midiecho in a midi channel rather than an audio channel!

• @jgm12 said:

Also, did you try restarting iOS? Full Power Off, not just Sleep. If you've not been using iOS 14, this is the new fix for missing AUv3.

Not sure about Grand Piano (is that "iGrand"?), but iOS 14 has support for new screen sizes that may be affecting this app. Could you identify your device, and maybe its screen pixel dimensions?

• 14.4 here. Midi echo all present and correct in a midi slot in AUM.

• Thanks everyone. My mistake. Found Midi echo in midi slot. I’m groping my way thru midi apps on AUM and recently added Rozetta suite, Photon and Grand Piano love them all. Probably trying too much at one time. My apologies, thanks !

• This issue seems not be an issue ...

But what about the disappearing AUV3 bug ?

I know it was already discussed in another thread - but I was not abled to find any definite conclusion about this yet ... is it solved or is it not solved in 14.4? How often (regularly?) does it happen, when it happens?

I am on 13.7 and everything runs fine and stable - but of course I would like to check out the latest cubasis update which requires iOS 14 for accessing the newly embedded multi-core power ...

But its a crucial moment - I am planning to do a lot of mixing and finishing of older projects in the upcoming two months ... and it would be very uncool if I would get into any re-loading hustle with my already existing AUM-projects ...

• @Bon_Tempi Disappearing AUv3 can always be fixed by restarting (power off) the iPad. I've never seen it, and I've been current oniPadOS 14 since November. Some users see it regularly, but it seems to take a couple of days to develop, so it's not a major annoyance. So, you could take the jump. Although, if you don't need the Cubasis update, maybe not, just to be safe.

Regarding Cubasis, do you have one of the very top end iPad Pros that can use this? It seems like there's a grey area of devices that can use it, but don't actually benefit. Search this site, or Steinberg for more details. Just don't get your hopes up too high.

• @uncledave said:
    @Bon_Tempi Disappearing AUv3 can always be fixed by restarting (power off) the iPad. I've never seen it, and I've been current oniPadOS 14 since November. Some users see it regularly, but it seems to take a couple of days to develop, so it's not a major annoyance. So, you could take the jump. Although, if you don't need the Cubasis update, maybe not, just to be safe.

Regarding Cubasis, do you have one of the very top end iPad Pros that can use this? It seems like there's a grey area of devices that can use it, but don't actually benefit. Search this site, or Steinberg for more details. Just don't get your hopes up too high.

Ok - thankyou for your perspective ,,,

And about cubasis3 - all the information I found was that IPads with more then 2 high-performance cores do benefit from the multi-core treatment in CB3 -

My Ipad is a Pro 12,9 from 2017 - its supposed to have 6 cores - three of them high performance cores - so I thought it should benefit from it - but I haven’t found any list of devices or so which defines this ...

The problem is - I get a much lower dsp performance from CB3 compared to CB2 - projects which run totally fine under CB2 are a terrible crackle party on CB3 - so I hoped the multi-core thing would save me from this dilemma -

Cause I love the group-options, the bigger fader view for mixing and the option to add more effects and to switch their order - all of this is so practical about CB3 - but sadly not the performance which comes along with it ...

• @jgm12 said:
    Thanks everyone. My mistake. Found Midi echo in midi slot. I’m groping my way thru midi apps on AUM and recently added Rozetta suite, Photon and Grand Piano love them all. Probably trying too much at one time. My apologies, thanks !

No worries, it is a bit confusing til you get used to the way it all works, for sure!

• @Bon_Tempi said:
    @uncledave said:
    @Bon_Tempi Disappearing AUv3 can always be fixed by restarting (power off) the iPad. I've never seen it, and I've been current oniPadOS 14 since November. Some users see it regularly, but it seems to take a couple of days to develop, so it's not a major annoyance. So, you could take the jump. Although, if you don't need the Cubasis update, maybe not, just to be safe.

Ok - thankyou for your perspective ,,,

And about cubasis3 - all the information I found was that IPads with more then 2 high-performance cores do benefit from the multi-core treatment in CB3 -

My Ipad is a Pro 12,9 from 2017 - its supposed to have 6 cores - three of them high performance cores - so I thought it should benefit from it - but I haven’t found any list of devices or so which defines this ...

The problem is - I get a much lower dsp performance from CB3 compared to CB2 - projects which run totally fine under CB2 are a terrible crackle party on CB3 - so I hoped the multi-core thing would save me from this dilemma -

Cause I love the group-options, the bigger fader view for mixing and the option to add more effects and to switch their order - all of this is so practical about CB3 - but sadly not the performance which comes along with it ...

as far as the crackles in cb3, have you gone into settings and turned off audio engine latency and audio recording offset compensation? stopped all my crackles.. ipad pro 2017 10.5

• @Bootsy said:

as far as the crackles in cb3, have you gone into settings and turned off audio engine latency and audio recording offset compensation? stopped all my crackles.. ipad pro 2017 10.5

Yes, I tried this - and yes, it got better after the last update - but there are still noticeable issues - for example a lot of crackles when I put CB3 into the background ... so I hoped to overcome these by going to IOS14.4 and activate multi-core support

But your Ipad model should be capable of multi-core as well, no? Are you on 14,4? Haven’t you experienced a superior performance by activating multi-core rendering vs. turning it off?

• @Bon_Tempi said:

@Bootsy said:

Yes, I tried this - and yes, it got better after the last update - but there are still noticeable issues - for example a lot of crackles when I put CB3 into the background ... so I hoped to overcome these by going to IOS14.4 and activate multi-core support

But your Ipad model should be capable of multi-core as well, no? Are you on 14,4? Haven’t you experienced a superior performance by activating multi-core rendering vs. turning it off?

As I mentioned, there's some uncertainty as to which devices benefit from multi-core and which do not. It's not as simple as reading the device specs. Here's the full discussion https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/42746/cubasis-3-2-multicore-rendering-latency-settings. Your "older" Pro may be in that grey area.